Further to the frozen water post....who should provide the water?

celiap

Visit site
I have been at same yard for 20 years. Never had water supply in field but prior to last couple of years accepted no facilities as yard was cheap but we now pay the same as other yards with facilities and the price is going to be greatly increased soon. The problem is as I said before in this area demand for livery seems to be greater than available yards.

CBFan

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

I really don't get why you're doing it yourselves peeps!
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

because it's part and parcel of horse ownership?

Our y/o doesn't live on site but his elderly mother does. I am the ONLY person on the whole yard who defrosts my tap in the morning so I have the rest of the yard trundling round to my feed room to fill up their buckets... they all think it thaws itself - lol!! I'f it wasn't for my own convenience I wouldn't bother with it as they are such ungrateful so-and-sos!!

Patches

Visit site
Well yes, I guess if I didn't my lot at home I would probably bring water to the yard, if need be. I certainly wouldn't let them go without.
grin.gif

Your fellow liveries are lucky you're so thoughtful as to wave a magic wand at the tap for it to thaw!
tongue.gif

Black_Horse_White

Visit site
I thinks it's a bit of a strange set up where we are. What was said to me is basically the 4 of us rent the stable block. So therefore i'm assuming its our responsibility to do our own water. At the moment our tap is frozen, has been for days now. We do have access to water out of troughs in the cow sheds. Even they are frozen some days but the farmer defrosts them. But we have no trough in the field so i bring 25 ltr tubs from home to put in the field. It would take more time to fetch and fill the buckets if i didn't bring it from home.

Persephone

Visit site
There is a house on site at my yard, but no outbuildings.

I have a Warhorse container that I take up each evening. As I would have to drive to YO house to get water, they might not be in, etc etc, I just fill it up from my garage hose and while it is still in the car.

The yard I am at always freezes, every year, I knew that when I moved there years ago. It's a small price to pay for such a small pleasant yard IMO.