Geoff update: the end of the road.

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
How very sad. I'm so sorry. He sounded like a very special boy, who was lucky to of been owned by you.
<<<<HUGS>>>>

Rest in peace, and run free Geoff xx

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Oh god, how awful. I'm so so sorry, that must have been a heartbreaking discovery. The photos are wonderful and show the fantastic life he had with you. The candid shots really touched me. Big hugs.

Broodle

Visit site
I'm so sorry that your story didn't have a happier ending. I really enjoyed reading about your exploits with Geoff, though I don't think I ever commented before. He will have taught you so much that you can put to good use forming a new partnership with another horse in time.

khalswitz

Visit site
Thanks all so much. Yesterday was a very bad day - I couldn't eat, and I certainly couldn't sleep, but dad is going to go and deal with the knackerman for me today and then I'm going to go and tidy out his things. Being busy is key

My lovely friend has a stable full of horses and is going to take his feed/hay etc, and has offered to take me out riding today - and we all know horses are the most sympathetic creatures, so I'm looking forward to that.

I'm not going to be able to afford another horse any time soon, as many of you will know how much I struggled with money with Geoff, but my mum made a lovely suggestion yesterday: I'm going to get a puppy. Something to keep me busy but won't feel like a replacement, and won't be as much of a strain on my finances.

I also finish up my Masters in 2017, and had been considering going abroad for my PhD - I was going to go to Europe because I could take Geoff with me, but Dad pointed out that I can now apply for the States, where the most research in my field is (funnily enough, equine muscle myopathies, now in memory of Geoff). So I'm trying to find some good things to think about.

Thank you all so much for the sympathy - it really does help to hear horsy people who know how you feel and know Geoff. So thank you all x

kinnygirl1

Visit site
Thanks all so much. Yesterday was a very bad day - I couldn't eat, and I certainly couldn't sleep, but dad is going to go and deal with the knackerman for me today and then I'm going to go and tidy out his things. Being busy is key

My lovely friend has a stable full of horses and is going to take his feed/hay etc, and has offered to take me out riding today - and we all know horses are the most sympathetic creatures, so I'm looking forward to that.

I'm not going to be able to afford another horse any time soon, as many of you will know how much I struggled with money with Geoff, but my mum made a lovely suggestion yesterday: I'm going to get a puppy. Something to keep me busy but won't feel like a replacement, and won't be as much of a strain on my finances.

I also finish up my Masters in 2017, and had been considering going abroad for my PhD - I was going to go to Europe because I could take Geoff with me, but Dad pointed out that I can now apply for the States, where the most research in my field is (funnily enough, equine muscle myopathies, now in memory of Geoff). So I'm trying to find some good things to think about.

Thank you all so much for the sympathy - it really does help to hear horsy people who know how you feel and know Geoff. So thank you all x

That sounds very positive, hunny. a change of scenery could be just what you need right now. Hugs to you and enjoy your ride today. x

humblepie

Visit site
Always liked hearing about Geoff and your photos of him are lovely. So very sorry to hear the news and take care of yourself. x

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Oh I'm so sorry to read this, I'm another fan who has thoroughly enjoyed your adventures together, always looking forward to reading your updates. He was a very special boy, and you have been very brave and selfless in making that hard decision. RIP Geoff, run free xx

onemoretime

Visit site
so very sorry to read this. I hope that one day you will be able to move on. You gave him a lovely home and looked after him correctly and that's what is important.

Doris68

Visit site
I'm so sorry. We always want to do the very best for them, but sometimes it doesn't always work. You have done so much for him and the kindest thing was to let him go and be free from pain....that is the bravest (and most difficult) decision but the right one. It'll hurt for a while and even longer. His life with you was the best he could've wanted. Kind thoughts.

Nannon

Visit site
Only just seen this :( so sorry for your loss, Geoff was my favourite HHO horse and I loved reading your adventures. You dos totally the right thing by him and he couldn't have had a better home than he did with you xxx