Gift Ideas - Race Yard Stable Tours?

CeeCee

Visit site
It's my Dad's birthday in a couple of weeks and we have recently been enjoying betting on the horse racing together. I think he'd really enjoy a stable tour on a racing yard, has anyone done one of these and would it make a nice gift? And recommendations to find a yard in the south that offer these. Thanks :)

Evie91

Visit site
Sorry no ideas but just wanted to say that sounds like a fab present- I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see if anyone has suggestions. I wasn't aware you could do this and it's something I'd like to do with my Dad (we enjoy a day at the races).
I'm off to Cheltenham next fri (with friends not dad), really excited, just hope the weather is good :)

3Beasties

Visit site
How about a behind the scenes tour of a race course on raceday followed by a day at the races? My sister got me this for my Birthday last month, we'll be having a day at Chester racecourse in the summer :)

HKJ

Visit site
Great idea! I've not heard of the racing ones, but there is a company offering days out with a yard tour ect at event yards. Look up Kudo Rock :)

TBB

Visit site
I'm not sure if any yards just organise individual tours however the open days held in different regions at different times are brilliant. You get to visit any number of yards and talk to staff and meet all the horses, Has your Dad got a favourite racehorse? why not visit the yard he is based at. I think the open days in Middleham and Lambourn are on Good Friday and the one in Malton is at the end of the summer but I'm not sure when the Newmarket one is. There is usually a one off fee which gives you access to all the yards usually on a shuttle bus, its a great day out for any racing fan. most of the open days also have other entertainment laid on like Jockeys football or showjumping etc. Try looking up the different areas trainers associations for details, most run them for charity.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
newmarket used to do tours of local yards and we saw them swimming horses as well. from what i remember the horseracing museum is where the tour starts and finishes and that is really interesting as well...