Goals for 2014

Dipsy83

Visit site
I really want to go round a XC course without squealing like a small child ha ha.. also get ourselves along to a fun ride, this should be fun as at the moment if we go out with more then 2 other horses its like being sat on a toner table, so will be working on her getting more comfortable in going out in larger groups and horses going at different speeds as at present think it will blow her pretty mind.

ihatework

Visit site
Non-horsey one:
go part time at work :D
do my PADI advanced open water

Horsey ones:
Find one of my lovely horses a long term hacking loan home
Get my mare sound and hopefully at Hartpury for the Elementary Petplan Champs
Watch the young event horse I part own do his first 1*

3Beasties

Visit site
With my mare - would like to go xc schooling and compete at a ODE.

Would also like to be jumping double clears round 90cm SJ and become more consistent at prelim dressage before possibly stepping up a level.

With my old tb - get him fit and sound enough to do some fun rides and possibly get him to his first ever comp (at the age of 19) which will be very small and low key but would be great to do.

The section a - would love to find her a rider and get her back into work and out competing/pc.

Dizzle

Visit site
Buy 4x4
Pass trailer test (OH is buying me the test and course for my Xmas present :D)
Take pony to RC camp
To get the little bay menace out SJ to get her used to as many different kinds of filler as possible!

I'd love to try getting her out to a BE80 but I don't know if this is a bit out of our scope at the moment, would be fun to play with the big horses for a day though :D

mrogers

Visit site
non horsey- move in with bf and settle into a job that i enjoy and feel as valued in as the one i have now

Horsey- Qualify for RIHS, HOYS would be amazing but slowly slowly catches monkey

Arizahn

Visit site
Riding: Overcome my nerves and learn to jump properly! And to take part in next year's xmas fun ride :) Have a lovely share horse who is good at these things, and a great support network of instructor and fellow riders to learn from and ride with. If all goes well, I may even try my hand at the summer show at our local equestrian centre. I would love to be able to hack there, do a basic dressage, tiny course of jumps, and hack back. It is a short hack, but involves going downhill, my secret fear!

Baby Pony: Get him bitted and do some long lining/lunge work. We may have wolf teeth to sort first though. Also hope to show him in hand as a two year old. I think I will aim for M&M and SHP. Local level only, it's really just to get him out! He is aiming to see the vet as much as he can, and eat lots of grass...:D

Other: Returf the back garden again.

RubysGold

Visit site
I would like to pass my trailer test or at least start practising

I would like to go up a level at competing. Maybe 75cm jumping and go to prelim dressage

also really want to go xc schooling :D

PolarSkye

Visit site
Non horsey: Go back to work, beat this wretched depression, move to a smaller house

Horsey: Get Z and Kal to UA 90cm ODE . . . preferably Tweseldown or Mattingley . . . they don't need to come anywhere near placing, they just need to go and complete all three phases - and it'd be gravy if he managed to go round clear in both SJ and XC.

P

Greylegs

Visit site
After a couple of decent seasons doing OK at prelim dressage, I want to have a go at moving up to novice without making a total !*\?! of us both. Also to see if the hairy highland fancies popping a small fence or two ... my biggest dread at present.

ladyt25

Visit site
To get a saddle to fit my youngster so he can be re-started again following the set back we had this year. Want to send him awya to someone for a few weeks with the aim that I can start riding him and STAY ON him in 2014! Would ultimately like to be out and about competing as he will be 5 but the first hurdle is for him to be rideable! :)

Duvetdays

Visit site
Horsey -
To canter 20m circle properly
To get an outline whilst riding
To buy a trailer
To enter in a few show hunter classes
To perhaps try a wee jump for first time ever

Non-Horsey -
cut down alcohol, more housework, and lose weight lol

Antw23uk

Visit site
Sadly mine is to decide if riding is for me and if not sell my horse to a 5* home that will love him just as much as I do but also ride him which I have very little interest in doing!

If I do get my head round this and over this awful feeling then its to go out and do some dressage and fun rides and enjoy him.

Vodkagirly

Visit site
I want to have fun!
I would like to get out hunting, events keep conspiring against us but I am determined to get there.
Improve my riding, I use the excuse that he is old but a lesson on Sunday showed he can do it well if I ask the question right.
Move up to 75cm ODEs, we can do it, just need to convince him we can do it without stopping for a look first.

Crosshill Pacers

Visit site
With Star it's as simple as wanting to hack out on my own. We'll be relocating to Scotland in May and OH has been scouting out local bridlepaths for me :)

With my new boy Missile, my sole goal is to win one race with him. He's going to be the first racehorse I've trained and I want to put into practice all I've learnt as a groom and from my OH!

Non-horsey goal is to own my first house by the end of 2014!

biggingerpony

Visit site
Horsey:
1. Pass my trailer test
2. Go out hunting again
3. Go to a few showjumping comps
4. Continue to have lessons and improve
5. Perhaps?!?! Buy another horse...

Non-horsey:
1. Graduate with a 2:1
2. Confirm a graduate job (sort of got one but not yet mine till I sign the piece of paper!)
3. Do a 10k run

Arniebear

Visit site
Horsey: Crossing all my fingers and toes that my big bear comes back into action without any surprises and that his legs can hold up to eventing... Only 7 more months untill i can climb back on board!!

Have some fun with the loan horse which arrived a week ago :) and hopefully improve on my sj so when mine comes back into work i dont ride like a prat!!

Non horsey: hopefully move on job wise and earn some more money... Potentially involving moving 200 miles away but have to wait and see if i get an interview first!!

But simply that 2014 goes better than 2013 has!

MungoMadness

Visit site
I don't know really, I don't have my own horse so quite difficult!

I suppose it will be to not embarrass myself during my next three comps of BUCS A team (we are against a team who have 2* and 3* eventers so that will be a challenge in itself).

And then to get back on the a team next year and maybe have a shot at getting placed individually.

Carry in having lessons with my instructor at home!

NativePonyLover

Visit site
Non horsey goals:
* Save money - mainly to be in a position to move out either next year or early 2015
* Continue running - I'd like to have run a few 5k's this time next year

Horsey goals:
* Pass my Parelli Level 1 & 2
* I'm getting transport early next year, so teach Mr P to load & get him out & about to clinics & further afield hacking
* Above all, keep learning & having fun with Mr P

Spot_On

Visit site
Horsey:
- To keep little horse happy and healthy
- Maybe do an in-hand show or two in the summer
- Get the welsh one back under saddle and ridden away
- Enjoy the horses

Non Horsey:
- Move house
- Save money
- Have a holiday

HorsesHavingFun

Visit site
Had an incredible year and literally achieved all my long term goals with my horse! :D. so in 2014 goals are:

*Bring on green project horse (not owned by me) and get her working properly
*Do whatever I feel like with my horse! Ride, don't ride much, who knows. Mainly just to have fun with whatever I'm doing with no pressure :)

Excited! :) great to hear others plans :)

Last edited:

Grinchmass

Visit site
Horsey:
- get the pony out competing at something (probably stressage til I man up a bit)
- get her jumping (or me with her more to the point) some proper courses, not just the odd one
- get a jump saddle, I'm too leggy to jump in her gp, and it hurts my bum/back.
- consider some kind of test, trailer or 7.5t
- get her to some fun rides.

Non horsey:
- find the allusive graduate job (or more to the point pull my finger out and spend less time with pony and actually apply for more jobs)
- think about planning a wedding
- be a good bridesmaid to one of my best friends who's getting married
- try and get the cats to stop trying to tear eachother to shreds! Seeing as black cat won't leave, no animal shelter wants her and no ones claimed her as lost!!

Nudibranch

Visit site
I want to get the youngster, who will be 3, long reining in spring and maybe very lightly backed at the end of the year. Not sure about the mare, probably try and build up our distances.

Hopefully this will help me lose weight for my wedding in May!

Tia0513

Visit site
Horsey: my girl will be 4 next year so want to do some ridden showing on her and I also want to do my first ever dressage test as didn't get the chance on my boy. Also looking at a horsey holiday with my mum & brother which would be a first as well.

Non horsey: me and my OH are looking to move out of our flat and into a house hopefully and I also want to find a new job with better prospects.

Hopefully 2014 will be a better year for all of us :)

HaffiesRock

Visit site
Non horsey

* Get a promotion at work (hopeful)

Horsey
* Take my ginger pony XC
* Take both ponies to the beach (booked)
* Show the baby pony (no reason why not)
* Attempt a dressage test with the ginger pony
* Take baby pony jumping

Nothing massive on my my list, but all things I want to do in 2014.