Godolphin caught out.

Honeylight

Visit site
I just read a book about the science of exercise by this journalist and it said that cortisone injections enable you to exercise sooner after injury, but they actually impede the mending process. ie it's a patch-up, painkilling job. But I don't think medicine realised that until recently.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/10/27/do-cortisone-shots-actually-make-things-worse/

I had a cortisone injection for a frozen shoulder & I had never before experienced such sever pain & I have had heart & brain surgery & broken bones. My shoulder is a lot better but it may have improved any way. I would certainly not have another one.

Alec Swan

Visit site
Anyone read the Racing Post Headlines? I squinted at them in the Newsagents, and Black Caviar's trainer, a certain Mr. Moody, states categorically, that the mare was blood tested on arrival in this country, and that she was also tested before and after she raced. All tests were negative. The mare must have been tested, and his assertions must I would think, be valid.

Presumably, the mare will end up going to stud. It'll be interesting to see what she produces, if anything.

As for Godolphin, and British Racing, I'm no longer certain of what I think!

Alec.

Alec Swan

Visit site
I had a cortisone injection for a frozen shoulder & I had never before experienced such sever pain & I have had heart & brain surgery & broken bones. My shoulder is a lot better but it may have improved any way. I would certainly not have another one.

I too have had both shoulders, at separate times, "Frozen", the first time it lasted for about 9 months, because I wouldn't have a needle stuck down into my shoulder joint, and the second time, I went to an acupuncturist, and the immediate relief was astonishing. The effect was an immediate return to normality. Very strange, spooky almost!

Is acupuncture available for horses?

Alec.

Allover

Visit site
Yes it is Alec, i have found it to be most beneficial on all the horses that have had it. Some vets sedate for accupuncture but i personally would prefer them not to be.

SusannaF

susannaforrest.wordpress.com
Visit site
Im surprised that its taken them this long to test Bin Suroor's yard! I hope it's clear.

My conspiracy theory is that no publicity is bad publicity. Darley haven't had any Blue Ribbon colts for a whiile,they haven't had the success in recent years. Are they getting everyone's eyes back on Darley stallions for the next breeding season at any cost? Drop the stud fees, get everyone watching and then wait. Its just too elaborate a sacking!

Pale Rider

Visit site
I too have had both shoulders, at separate times, "Frozen", the first time it lasted for about 9 months, because I wouldn't have a needle stuck down into my shoulder joint, and the second time, I went to an acupuncturist, and the immediate relief was astonishing. The effect was an immediate return to normality. Very strange, spooky almost!

Is acupuncture available for horses?

Alec.

I don't see why it shouldn't be. We had acupuncture done on a dog of ours and the cure was spectacular.

Alec Swan

Visit site
Did anyone see the good Sheik on Ch4 racing this afternoon, complete with his entourage? He seemed supremely confident. That will be either innocence, or arrogance, I've yet to decide which! His son looked a slippery thing though. He'll learn! ;)

That horse though, Dawn Approach, I wonder how many trainers have also been the breeder and owner. That shows a supreme and justified confidence, and were I after a racehorse, I'd value Bolger's opinion.

Alec.

bonny

Visit site
The best horse won and won well which is what you want to see in any classic, plus he's unbeaten so who knows how far he can go. The fact that the trainer sold 51% of him before the run is not really important.....

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Did anyone see the good Sheik on Ch4 racing this afternoon, complete with his entourage? He seemed supremely confident. That will be either innocence, or arrogance, I've yet to decide which! His son looked a slippery thing though. He'll learn! ;)

That horse though, Dawn Approach, I wonder how many trainers have also been the breeder and owner. That shows a supreme and justified confidence, and were I after a racehorse, I'd value Bolger's opinion.

Alec.

He didn't like Clare's question though did he? Think he would have had her stoned the way he looked at her.

Cracking horse though, shame it was running for him.

skydy

Visit site
Apparently after accepting the trophy he gave the press/crowd/anyone the two finger salute...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/horse-racing/22415383

And I was surprised one of his entourage hadn't been told to dispatch Claire Balding after the way he looked at her...

Any question regarding the doping would have been unwelcome. Coming from a woman , it must have been unbearable. In his world, he is not a person who has to answer to anyone, never mind a woman. I'm not surprised that he was seriously displeased. It must be tough to be so far behind the rest of civilization, where attitudes toward women are so very different.

The treatment of women as non-entities, by most of the Arab nations, leaves me unable to respect their leaders. I know from experience that not all men from Arabic nations have this attitude, and I think that those who do, and who choose to maintain the view that women are subordinate, should stuff it if they want to play in the sandbox with nations that respect human rights.

When in Rome, Sheikh...

Centauress

Visit site
Any question regarding the doping would have been unwelcome. Coming from a woman , it must have been unbearable. In his world, he is not a person who has to answer to anyone, never mind a woman. I'm not surprised that he was seriously displeased. It must be tough to be so far behind the rest of civilization, where attitudes toward women are so very different.

The treatment of women as non-entities, by most of the Arab nations, leaves me unable to respect their leaders. I know from experience that not all men from Arabic nations have this attitude, and I think that those who do, and who choose to maintain the view that women are subordinate, should stuff it if they want to play in the sandbox with nations that respect human rights.

When in Rome, Sheikh...

Well Said.

I was Looking to say the Same Thing but Couldn't Find the Right Polite Words to Do so... So Thank You for Doing it for Me....

Honeylight

Visit site

When in Rome, Sheikh...
That is the main reason I don't like him. I think they also have a poor record on human rights. I really don't like the way he has enveloped our (& Europe's) racing scene to such an extent that everyone connected with it is afraid to criticise or challenge him.
Channel 4 are bankrolled by him so it was quite a risk to ask that question, I'm sure that Clare was asked to do it by the producers, but I wonder if it could have repercussions for the programme. No Sheik, no Channel 4 racing.
Has any one else observed that for all his wealth his clothes look like he got them in British Home Stores?

Alec Swan

Visit site
........ No Sheik, no Channel 4 racing.
Has any one else observed that for all his wealth his clothes look like he got them in British Home Stores?

Much more of that, and he'll buy up IPC Media, and shut this thread down! ;):eek:

Alec. :D:D

ps. It wouldn't surprise me if he did! :rolleyes:

skydy

Visit site
Much more of that, and he'll buy up IPC Media, and shut this thread down! ;):eek:

Alec. :D:D

ps. It wouldn't surprise me if he did! :rolleyes:

If he tries, you'd better scream bloody murder to your politicians.(If that fails you'll have to join us across the pond for free speech). :D

skydy

Visit site
Well Said.

I was Looking to say the Same Thing but Couldn't Find the Right Polite Words to Do so... So Thank You for Doing it for Me....

I am relieved that I managed to express my opinion politely. It was an excruciating endeavor. :D

millieb

Visit site
But will all the stud fees for his amazing stallions such as Authorized, Exceed and Excel and Dubawi ( to name but a few..) be affected? How are we to know they weren't being pumped full of banned substances when they won their races ie The Derby....?

skydy

Visit site
Oh boy! Al Zarooni is appealing the length of his ban. The Sheikh is probably not a happy camper.

becka1975

New User
Visit site
Vet are fallible - I try to use the same FEI trained vet if I can but ironically she was away on an FEI anti-doping training course and my horse needed some anti-biotics - diff vet came, I explained he competed under FEI rules, she agreed he required anti-biotics (small skin infection), we talked about oral powdered ones but he wont eat them in his food so I'd have to mix with youhurt and honey to oral syringe them so injectable penicillin was decided upon as far less hastle - anti-biotics are legal for use in sport under FEI rules BUT all injectable ones have a local anesthetic in them so injection site doesn't become sore!

Luckily I went home and went on the FEI clean sport website to double check and as I was I got a call from the practice as it had been realised what she had done - it hadn't been done intentionally but it did mean me having to withdraw from competiting until the traces of the drug were clear of his system which was gutting! An ETUE could have been requested if dope tested but I wasn't willing to take the risk of it being refused!

It is easily done, and routes for some administration of some drugs is OK and other routes aren't! it's a minefield of rules that are constantly changing to try to keep up with progression in medial supplies and devious minds!