Going to Uni, leaving my horse with my parents…

My_old_warmblood

Visit site
you are so lucky. My parents told me to sell the horse if i went to uni. I didnt go to uni the horse ment too much to me. They wouldnt look after it for me nor pay anyone else to do so. your problems are very minor. your horse will be fine doing and hour or 2 at the weekend . you are a very fortunate person.
“My problems are very minor” to some, yes. But these are still real issues to me.

My_old_warmblood

Visit site
Agree with what others have said. The only caveat I will say, having been there, is that travelling home every weekend even if it is only half an hour, once you have a good social life going can become a real drag and wastes valuable drinking money in travel expenses. When I was at uni it would be unusual for someone to be going home absolutely every weekend. Plus I was friends with some people from Ireland and they literally went home at holidays or for very special occasions and that was it.
I don’t drink for personal reasons, and im extremely introverted Anyways! My horses are my best friends tbh, so I’d rather be home with them!

Bobthecob15

Visit site
I totally agree with the comment about the burden... I work at a university and the majority do stay locally and only go home at the end of term...there is nothing stopping you of course going home every weekend but it may impact your social life a lot. Just be aware that having to go home every weekend may end up feeling more of a inconvenience than you think now. I would stick with your plan now and see how you feel as the term progresses

texenstar

Visit site
I kept my horses all throughout Uni. and chose a uni within 30-60 minutes of where I kept my horse so I could continue the same as before. Uni 'social life' is overated in my opinion, but I have never been a big drinker and would much rather spend the time with my horses (really showing off my fun personality here! ;)) Just do what works for you! If going to them on the weekend is what you want, then do it! Uni is not all about drinking, soicalising, and studying - you can have a life outside of it too! :D And I am sure your horse will be more than happy with just weekend and holiday work :)