Good/bad/indifferent experiences of Moorcroft Racehorse Welfare

meleeka

Visit site
Hmm. I am fairly sure Moorcroft is the one that there was a thread about by some owners who felt they'd had some serious problems after donating horses, they had a FB group as there were a lot of them. Can't find it now though so must have been deleted.

Yes there was. I believe the OP was alleging that a friends horse was sent there and was pts shortly afterwards without their knowledge.

Kaylum

Visit site
Yes there was. I believe the OP was alleging that a friends horse was sent there and was pts shortly afterwards without their knowledge.
Yes and they were saying that after a certain length of time she and other people with their horses there got messages to say that the horses had an illness or accident were pts. All different occasions.

Jantaylor

New User
Visit site
I am looking to send my horse to a re-homing charity, so would be really interested to know if anyone has experiences of gifting to Moorcroft?
i have not gifted a horse to moorcroft but i do have a moorcroft horse and have had him for over 10 years, i have nothing but good things to say about moorcroft who care for there horses very much, there retraining is kind and gentle. i am sure there are many horses that have to be put to sleep but sure this is not done lightly, i have found them very approachable always there at the end of the phone if you need help or advice. i can not understand any of the bad reviews im reading.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
i have not gifted a horse to moorcroft but i do have a moorcroft horse and have had him for over 10 years, i have nothing but good things to say about moorcroft who care for there horses very much, there retraining is kind and gentle. i am sure there are many horses that have to be put to sleep but sure this is not done lightly, i have found them very approachable always there at the end of the phone if you need help or advice. i can not understand any of the bad reviews im reading.
The last post before yours was nearly 3 years ago, the thread originates in 2015. Any reason for dragging a very old thread up? 🤔