Good Man Kauto

photo_jo

Visit site
Cavecanem and Dobiegirl-my pleasure-couldn't believe Ruby laughing like that after he'd been legged up-anyone would have thought he'd just won the race!

Caledonia

Visit site
Awesome race, fantastic ride by Ruby, and blinding performance by Kauto!!

He broke the course record, and his own previous best by 10 seconds. :eek:

I was one wishing they'd retired him last year, and whilst I am very afraid that it still might end in tears, a huge respect to connections for producing him today at such a peak.

Lovely photos, jo!

Perfect day. :D

Dobiegirl

Visit site
I do have a signed print of Kauto but had the unbelievable honour of being invited to the yard and meeting Kauto & Denman and having my photo taken with them.
Paul Nicholls and his staff are so proud of their boys and meeting them was one of the greatest moments of my life and if I had died there and then I would have died happy.:)

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Just got back in time from hunting to watch it; so glad I did, it raised the hair on your neck especially to hear the crowd as he came round the last bend and home. Wonderful horse, lovely to see him back where he belongs. Loved seeing PN leaping for joy as he passed the post plus Ruby's reaction; it wasn't just another winner, it was because it was him back on form. Fingers crossed for some more days just like that.

Orangehorse

Visit site
Fantastic - tears and cheers. Well done RUBY and Kauto and Paul. Kauto looked wonderful, really tuned up. I was so worried he would be outpaced towards the end, but he just kept galloping and jumping.

No wonder everyone was cheering and clapping - a definite "I was there" moment.

Double_choc_lab

Visit site
I was another who wanted him to retire last year - I was so worried he would not return to his best and run as a "has been" or even worse have an accident. How wrong was I - he was awesome. The scenes afterwards will not be forgotten.

Anyone know if Denman is in training this year?

Dobiegirl

Visit site
I was another who wanted him to retire last year - I was so worried he would not return to his best and run as a "has been" or even worse have an accident. How wrong was I - he was awesome. The scenes afterwards will not be forgotten.

Anyone know if Denman is in training this year?

Denman is entered in the Lexus Chase at Leopardstown on 28th December.

I believe Paul Nicholls said he will only race twice this season in the Lexus and the Cheltenham Gold Cup.

madmav

Visit site
And did you notice how relaxed he was before the race: walking round on a long rein, Ruby's feet out of stirrups, as if they were just chilling on the beach. And then they both put on a fabulous, stunning, memorable performance. Absolutely awesome. And can that horse jump!!! Also have great respect for Paul Nicholls, a brilliant trainer, who has the horse's welfare as his most important point.

KautoStar1

Visit site
However good the future chasing stars might be, I think it will be a long time before we see the likes of Kauto again, maybe never. 15 grade 1's across all the championship distances. that is some amazing record. Have to admit a few tears shed on Sat. What a wonderful wonderful race horse.