Greenwich seating plan - it's here

millimoo

Visit site
Hurrah Sunset1 ... You're my first block buddy :D
I have 'virtually' met someone in block 206 on the BD Forum.
Like you, I'm dreading the travel - just bought myself some Airwave shoes in preparation for lots of walking and standing.
We're staying at Premier Inn at Greenwich so we can amble up in the morning. Then go back to Yorkshire after the KUR - planning on being to exhausted to care by then :)

DAHH

Visit site
I spent £190 on 2 tickets and am in block 219, overlooking the tents at the end of the arena!!! I am seriously P****D Off!
I can only assume that people with lower category seats are in fact sitting in canary wharf with binoculars..

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I've got Band A tickets for the Eventing SJ (£150/each DAHH so don't complain about your £95/each tickets :eek: if you don't want them, I'm sure someone else will have them)

I'm in Block 214 row 35.

Sunset1

Visit site
Hi block buddy:D! Just got my Clipper tickets so am now seriously excited and slightly worried........ Booked them according to the travel planner but rather concerned that the dressage is due to finish at 16.30 and we should be at Greenwich Pier for the 17.10 river bus:eek::eek: Given the numbers of people and the fact that we're sitting in the gods I don't rate our chances.....

tiggs

Visit site
Hi block buddy:D! Just got my Clipper tickets so am now seriously excited and slightly worried........ Booked them according to the travel planner but rather concerned that the dressage is due to finish at 16.30 and we should be at Greenwich Pier for the 17.10 river bus:eek::eek: Given the numbers of people and the fact that we're sitting in the gods I don't rate our chances.....

I'm another one with 5.10 boat tickets so hope we can get out quickly. I only bought my ticket last week and the only other choice of ferry was 7.30.

BJC

Visit site
block 114, row 1 for dressage kur. Just hope my daughter can see over the judges/pot plants! I cant wait.

Sunset1

Visit site
Sure you'll be fine Cally. I got my olympic tickets in the first allocation and booked my travel months ago as soon as they sent details through. Back then I imagined sailing down the Thames in the blazing sunshine of our glorious summer:rolleyes: It was of course before the government announced the drought........

J&S

Visit site
My daughter and I are in 215, row 16. The seating plans makes it look as if we will at least have a good view of the Big Screen! Loos look close too. The seating plan does not show the entrances though, we are K19, presumably this entrance no is to get to the right place in the stands, not entrance to Greenwich Park?

Sunset1

Visit site
We're 2 rows behind you (row 39) Spendtoomuch. Not sure how long the rows are though, so may be opposite ends of the block:D

rambling

Visit site
Do we think that Row 1 is the bottommost row of the stands and Row35 where I am sitting very close to the top?
Has any one cracked the code for the seat nos yet, there was a suggestion that they were numbered all around the arena, mine is 472 Block 216 Category C.
How safe can it be to put all the geriatrics up at the top of the steps ? The poor ambulancemen will be worn out climbing up with the oxygen and defibrillators :).
I must try counting them to see how many there are on a complete row. Any advance on 472 please? It would be gteat to be at the edge and be able to look down into the Final Holding Area, Luckily my binoculars are X10s

teapot

Visit site
Do we think that Row 1 is the bottommost row of the stands and Row35 where I am sitting very close to the top?
Has any one cracked the code for the seat nos yet, there was a suggestion that they were numbered all around the arena, mine is 472 Block 216 Category C.
How safe can it be to put all the geriatrics up at the top of the steps ? The poor ambulancemen will be worn out climbing up with the oxygen and defibrillators :).
I must try counting them to see how many there are on a complete row. Any advance on 472 please? It would be gteat to be at the edge and be able to look down into the Final Holding Area, Luckily my binoculars are X10s

So far, for the south stand (which is where block 216 is) the highest row I've seen is row 40.

No idea on seat numbers though!

Scottish_Miss

Visit site
We are Block 202, Row 32, Seats 34&35 !! Think may need binoculars and oxygen!!!

Think we wont see big screen from that angle which is really pants!!!

Flying down from Scotland so say Hi to us xxx

acw295

Visit site
I'm there Sunday for Eventing Dressage

Block 219, Row 16 (C tickets) - looks like we'll be so close to the screen we won't be able to see it. But hey ho, still can't wait!

jojo5

Visit site
Re all these posts about 'anyone going', 'wear a red buttonhole 'etc - i put a post on here re a rolled up copy of Hho, and tho lots of people have looked at it, no-one has replied? Assumed everyone thought it was stupid?

sarah491

New User
Visit site
Hi all

I was very lucky and managed to get a show jumping seat for Tuesday last night but mine says I'm in block 209 which doesn't exist on this plan!!

Can anyone thats been over the last couple of days help?

Thanks!

daveismycat

Visit site
I'm block 223, row 24 on Tuesday. Does anyone know if that's a good spot??

Going on my own, so if anyone is nearby let me know so I can say hello. :)

IsabelleJ

Visit site
Anyone going to see the team jumping next Saturday. I'm in block 226 row 24, any ideas if that is good viewing looks like I'm stuck in the corner!!

Partypremier, you are one lucky person! I was in block 226, bit further forward, row 9... and they are without a doubt the BEST seats in the house!! You are right next to the entrance, and will get to see all the horses come in. You are also above the TV cameras so will see the riders come round to be interviews after their rounds. But the absolute best thing about block 226?

It's where the riders and connections sit to watch the competition! At various points today, I had Mary King sitting two seats behind me, and William Fox-Pitt among others sitting 5 seats to my right to watch Tina Cook's test.

So if you come back from a break and find someone in your seat... don't yell at them TOO loudly, they might be one of the riders ;)

Seriously, everyone, even from the top of the stands there is a fabulous view, the arena seems so close! Today was the most amazing day of my life, but even yesterday when I was in a less well situated block and on row 24, it was just sooooo bloody awesome!!!! It's a once in a lifetime thing, and I think they've set out the arena really really well!

Hope you all enjoy yourselves as much as I did!

Isabelle