HAAS Grooming Brushes

WelshD

Visit site
Ive just bought three which arrived today (two brushes, one curry comb) I'm very pleased with how they look and fit to the hand, they are large brushes but the loops are good and not 'baggy if that makes sense

I bought the Schimmel brush which is like a short bristled dandy brush, I tried it this evening and it made short work of mud on the ponies legs and necks. The bristles look quite hardwearing but I am not sure they would react well if they got very wet (ie left out in the rain)

The other brush I bought is a horsehair body brush 'the Welsh' which is a lovely brush and great on both the ponies coats, one is clipped and one is unclipped but was especially brill on the clipped coat and left quite a shine (pony is grey too)

The plastic backs to the brushes make them look quite cheap which is a contrast to the lovely bristles and hand loops but I suppose thats a minor thing

The curry comb is one shaped like a rubber curry comb but made out of hard plastic, I've not tried that yet but think it will be good for shedding coats

All in all my three items with postage came in at around £25 and I think its money well spent, I will most likely invest in another couple next month

I also have Borstiq brushes which were not cheap which are also very nice especially their soft horsehair long bristled brush

I will probably end up with a kit of both brands combined plus a couple of cheap essentials like magic brushes

Last edited:

LibbyL

Visit site
Where did you find them at that price please WelshD? Person advertising on facebook is selling 4 brushes for £65 plus postage which I really can't justify!
But they sound like amazing brushes :)

WelshD

Visit site
here: http://eqclusive.com/collections/haas?page=1

'the welsh' was £10.30, the Schimmel £9.50. the curry comb £3.60 then the carriage on top

They list the brushes in the full sets and sell them individually so you can buy them one by one or choose the one/s that you feel will be most beneficial for your horse

They have some amazing products on that website, it was four days before my brushes were despatched and a day before I received them so overall good service and I would use them again

WelshD

Visit site
have a read of the descriptions and see what you have already got that may compare and then fill any gaps

My boss has the white horse set and said the Schimmel brush is good for bringing grime to the surface so I chose that one, the Welsh is a cheaper similar enough option to the Lipizzaner and I already have a sheepskin grooming mitt and what with it coming in to winter thought the Diva brush a little redundant for me currently anyway so process of elimination meant I settled on my choices

They do however have two other versions of the Diva brush which are both cheaper

Dont believe the advertising elsewhere that you NEED the full set to get a good finish

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I'm put off anything quite so heavily marketed on facebook, atm they join forever living shampoo and sleekeze :p

WelshD

Visit site
I'm put off anything quite so heavily marketed on facebook, atm they join forever living shampoo and sleekeze :p

HAAS have been around since 1919 and have a good reputation but yes you cant be too careful about who you buy from.

I haven't seen the brushes marketed on Facebook so not sure who the seller is but do know a few people who have bought from the company I linked to who are all pleased with both the products and service so I am happy to recommend them (I have no connection to them honest!)

WelshD

Visit site
I'm glad your wife likes them :)

I've recommended them to a few others who are also pleased and have also added to my collection

EmmasMummy

Visit site
I have been wondering about these. I've watched all the videos but never met anyone who has actually used them. I used to have mice brushes for my horse - I had a £30 shine brush that got nicked, but it was wonderful. So I have been considering it.
I need something that is really good for the long haired oldie as a body brush just doesnt cut it.

LittleGinger

Visit site
I love mine. I bought a couple for them to share, initially, but am gradually adding to my collection so they will end up with a set each (only of a few, not hundreds of pounds worth!). They have their own Bentley kit each (thanks to free gifts from magazine subscriptions, etc.) which I really liked at the time, but there is a big difference with the Haas brushes both in terms of the way they leave my horses' coats and the fact that overly sensitive mare likes them, which is always a bonus...

EmmasMummy

Visit site
I love mine. I bought a couple for them to share, initially, but am gradually adding to my collection so they will end up with a set each (only of a few, not hundreds of pounds worth!). They have their own Bentley kit each (thanks to free gifts from magazine subscriptions, etc.) which I really liked at the time, but there is a big difference with the Haas brushes both in terms of the way they leave my horses' coats and the fact that overly sensitive mare likes them, which is always a bonus...

How do you find them on your hand etc? I have the Oster ones as I was experiencing locking joints and writs pain with my old ones (I put my back into it maybe a TAD too much!).

MagicMelon

Visit site
Where do you even find out about the individual brushes and what they do? That website is awful for giving any info! Did a google search and still cant find any actual descriptions although perhaps thats their way of marketing so you just buy their set collections! I've got a grey and a dark bay, Im not about to buy 2 entires sets for them as I would assume I could just get 3 brushes that did them both - how can different colours warrant different brushes?!

WelshD

Visit site
Where do you even find out about the individual brushes and what they do? That website is awful for giving any info! Did a google search and still cant find any actual descriptions although perhaps thats their way of marketing so you just buy their set collections! I've got a grey and a dark bay, Im not about to buy 2 entires sets for them as I would assume I could just get 3 brushes that did them both - how can different colours warrant different brushes?!

https://eqclusive.com/collections/haas

A click on each brush tells you more https://eqclusive.com/collections/haas/products/haas-mustang-men-gentelmen

There are a lot of brushes but there are common things between some for example clicking on any Diva brush will give you a similar description, the thing that may be the variation is the size for example and some are targeted at kids so are smaller and different colours. I did manage to find just three brushes that covered most bases for my two ponies

Its not the easiest website to use but the information is there

WelshD

Visit site
Any chance you could divuldge which ones you're looking at? I'll stretch to buying 3 but they will have to cover pretty much all bases... I'm thinking Shimmel, Coat Gloss and the Diva Exclusiv?

The Shimmel is the single most useful brush I own, it drags up loads from within the coat, I also bought the Welsh which is a good body brush

A diva is on my shopping list but it will be a while before I see anything other than mud so I haven't bought one as yet!

MagicMelon

Visit site
They have an offer on this week when you type 15 in at checkout you get 15% off Haas brush packs. By my rough calculations, you'll get one of the pack almost for free I think.

They sent me an email last week - think the offer still works...

The code also works for single brushes! I just got £4 taken off buying 2 brushes ;) Better than nothing :) Thanks!

Newlands

Visit site
These are brilliant! I have the grey pack, but bought them seperatley as wasn't too sure it would be worth it...it was and I was back to complete the pack within two weeks. I also added the curry combe to my last order which is lovely and easy to use and very cheap!

I'm enjoying grooming a lot more now and not just doing it to get the mud out of the way as I see an instant result. My horses love the brushes too! Diva is lovely!

They are great at getting back to you so I'm sure if you said you only wanted to spend x amount, what do I need for this horse, they would help.

Cragrat

Visit site
The Shimmel is the single most useful brush I own, it drags up loads from within the coat, I also bought the Welsh which is a good body brush

Is the shimmel only good on greys? My bay and nearly-black have huge amounts of mud in their coats!

I find the colour packs quite confusing- I really don't know which to go for!

LHIS

Visit site
I've just bought 1 brush as a trial - the 'pinto' brush for piebald horses, for my piebald pony, aptly named 'Pinto' lol. The discount code worked for me so it's individual brushes as well as the packs.

WelshD

Visit site
Is the shimmel only good on greys? My bay and nearly-black have huge amounts of mud in their coats!

I find the colour packs quite confusing- I really don't know which to go for!

I use it on my chestnut pony too, it's a fab brush

Ouch05

Visit site
I treated my boys (me) to the dark bay/chestnut pack as I have one of both and I love them. My 22 year olds coat shines with out hours of effort.

I love them and will add to my collection

SuperH

Visit site
I bought myself a couple of these with the discount (thanks Horseman) and they arrived yesterday. I bought the Parcour for my black mare and it is a lovely brush and has shined her coat getting out all the scurf much easier than my normal body brush (even with her in full moult). For my chestnut who has a longer and coarser coat (on her unclipped bits) I bought the Cavaliere, I was actually surprised with the results from this one on the longer coat it was very good and better than I expected.

A couple of points that might help others, I bought the ladies version of both. I have size 6.5-7 hands with short fingers and my hands fit perfectly on the brush. If you have longer fingers or a wider hand I would suggest getting the bigger version instead.

PorkChop

Visit site
A big thumbs up for these products and company :) I have been coveting these brushes for some time and after seeing this thread I decided to put in an order.

I emailed them on Saturday evening for their recommendation for the Haas Brushes.

They came back to me within half an hour, so I managed to put my order in before ten o'clock to get the discount.

The brushes arrived today, and they are fab :)

What a great service, will definitely be ordering more :)