HAAS Grooming Brushes

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
The thinking of the different colour coat sets is that different colour hair has different textures so the brushes are the ones most appropriate for that colour

That sort of makes sense. I know from having a coloured horse, you could see a different texture to the hair on the bay patches to the white and a friend's leopard spot appaloosa, the spots almost looked indented and sleeker with the white patches fluffier around. Don't know if that means you need a different brush and would think other factors are at play like breed or even time of year.

They don't make it easy to work out which you need though, there is clearly overlap with some brushes in more than one set and I would prefer it to be marketed as a suggested combinations than pack. From zooming in to the light bay chestnut pack, it looks like the Diva, Military, Caveliere and one I can't work out the name.

Last edited:

pansymouse

Visit site
I have Haas brushes and have to say that my mare's coat is very much better since using them. I spoke to the lady at Polished Ponies before buying and she said the coat colour thing is to do with the texture of the coat and skin of different coloured horses (she was super knowledgeable and helpful). I have the black set for my dark bay which are for horses with most sensitive skins - she cannot bear synthetic brushes and could only use a cactus mitt on her before I got the Haas set. Obviously they are not a miracle cure and you need to put in the effort to get a good shine but they do get better results more quickly from that effort.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
This is the bay/chestnut set, the Military, Cavalier, unpronounceable blue Fel.... and the Diva.

I've also got the grey set for my coloured mare. I'm sure that the bay/chestnut set would work fine on her but I've treated them to a grooming kit each, which is handy for keeping grey hairs away from my bay and vice versa :D.

They are good brushes. I'm not one to jump into a new fad, but I needed new brushes, couldn't find anything decent locally and took a punt on HAAS. I'm very pleased with them.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Their coat colour guide is hilarious! I'll have to tell my grey that having thin arab skin and a fine arab coat is just utterly wrong and that she needs to get her stuff in order!

Love

Visit site
Hi all,

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread - I am wanting to get some of these brushes to add to my grooming kit but would rather purchase them individually than as a set.

I have a grey Connie with quite a course coat who is currently fully clipped and likes to roll in dust/sand. Can anyone who has used these brushes in the past please advise on which brushes (maybe 2-3) would be most beneficial to me? I thought maybe the shimmel but also like the look of the military?

Thanks in advance :)

SKW

Visit site
does anyone know which brushes are in the grey set, and whether people would recommend getting the whole pack or just a few? I am definitely going to get the schimmel but wondering about the rest of the pack? I now have 2 grubby greys and need some help!!!

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
tAvFBnn.jpg

Grey set (yes IMHO it is well worth getting the set :) ).

XXyVIQs.jpg

i1uiyJL.jpg

Beth206

Visit site
Would these work on my piebald? Her black is so soft and shiny but her white is so dull. I keep seeing HAAS brushes everywhere but all the pictures are of lovely shiny bays or blacks

Fjord

Visit site
I've got a Norwegian Fjord and I bought the Schimmel and the Lippizaner, along with a curry comb. The Schimmel is excellent at getting mud and stains off and gets so much dirt from the coat. To be honest I don't notice much difference in using the Lippizaner afterwards but my mare is a hairy beast so it might be different on horses with less of a coat. The curry comb is good at cleaning the dirt from the brushes but soft enough to use on muddy coats too.

They feel sturdy and are very comfy to use. Because I like the brushes, I do tend to groom more, so that may be why I think she looks better. But that's not a bad thing I suppose!

Karran

Visit site
interested in treating Share Horse to one or two as her Xmas present - she gets very dusty as we have a sand school. Not sure I believe hype about coat colours but would the military/Lipizzaner brush be best for bringing all the dust up? She is dark bay if the colour thing does matter but with a thin TB coat!