Halloween weekend plans :)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Boo! :eek:
it's Thursday :D
What's everyone got planned?

Not much for us over the actual weekend. Kira is coming back to the yard tomorrow, as the neighbours are muttering about fireworks. I'm quite pleased because after 3 months of electric fence pens in the field I've had my fill of it but it was definitely the right thing for her and I saved a ton on bedding :p
We are off for another scan on Tuesday and hoping we will be given the green light to start her walk exercise.

Also on Tuesday Darcy is booked in for another lesson and I'm toying with the idea of taking him to a little evening show on Wednesday after his star pupil behaviour at the clinic this week. Might see if OH can come with us to guard against car park nutters!

Have fun all, hope there aren't too many spooky ghouls out there, lawd knows the horses don't need any more excuses to get a spook on ;)

scats

Visit site
No horsey plans. I’m on wind down now until the new year. I’ll keep them ticking over but that’s about it. I’ll go and see friends at the weekend probably.

Having a rare night off from the yard to go to a friends Halloween tea party for her kids. Two lovely friends at the yard are bringing in for me and finishing off. I very rarely get evenings off at the yard so it feels very odd!

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
DP began the weekend yesterday with his first ever dressage competition, not with me I hasten to add but with a trainer who has been schooling him. He is going out again on Sunday and if he behaves like he did yesterday he should do well. If B's sharer is back from her holibobs I might take him for her to ride as well.

Good luck to those competing, chilling, hacking and just generally having a lovely horsey weekend.

abbijay

Visit site
I am so excited to be able to write that I'm doing my first dressage test in 5 months this weekend!!
After Alfie has had to be retired (I really ought to do a proper post about that at some point but he's come close to PTS a few times) I've got a new "baby pony" on loan for the winter to keep me entertained. Asterix is a 17.1hh, 7yo black shire who has fathered 3 foals but is thankfully gelded. He was first backed in May and hadn't been in an arena when he came to me 7 weeks ago.
We're off to Riding club to do Intro B. It's all about the experience for him but I'm excited to get my jacket back out!
Happy happy dancing!!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Just spotted the first results coming in from the BD associated champs at Bury Farm. Anyone going? disappointed not to be there this year, having attended every year previously. Especially as there's NO native entry in the PSG, such a shame to have these classes running but not supported :( hopefully be back next year :confused:

abbijay

Visit site
Just spotted the first results coming in from the BD associated champs at Bury Farm. Anyone going? disappointed not to be there this year, having attended every year previously. Especially as there's NO native entry in the PSG, such a shame to have these classes running but not supported :( hopefully be back next year :confused:
We had qualified Prelim & Novice Pure draught and were hoping to get the elem qual in time but sadly the tendon injury put paid to that, :(

Asha

Visit site

I was supposed to go , but only back on board after a tumble , so wasn’t ready . I’m aiming to try and qualify for 2 levels for next year as it’s quite a trek for one test . Wishing all the Irish draughts the very best of Irish luck

Dyllymoo

Visit site
Farrier tomorrow which will hopefully allow us to do some hacking on Saturday and Sunday (if the weather also plays ball).

That's it really. watching the rugby on Saturday and hoping we win (more so as OH will be very upset if we don't!)

:)

Boulty

Visit site
I’m TREC judging on Saturday morning & then off to their AGM on Sunday. All being well the little hairy Scottish one may be finally joining his new friends providing nobody injured themselves (again!) also subject to it not peeing it down for days on end! Hoping all goes well so I can sod off on holiday at end of next week reasonably confident that he won’t cause yard manager any headaches (horses don’t tend to oblige with things like this though do they?!)

ihatework

Visit site
Nothing exciting in IHW land, big fella now on week 5 of his holiday and is embracing his inner hairy carthorse.

Rugby at the pub Saturday morning.
Riding for someone on Sunday but in between will mostly be working I fear 🙁

JFTDWS

Visit site
I'm thinking about arena hire with Daemon for some jumping next week. Ponies are moving onto a new field on Saturday with lots of grass. Gosh, that's what my life has become - weekend plans are moving my horses onto a fresh field... Once upon a time I'd have been out show jumping and arena eventing or dressaging and getting serious about stuff... 😂 😂

Good luck to abbijay who currently seems to be the only one of us actually out competing :eek:

Northern

Visit site
I'll be doing some serious schooling consolidation, I just entered L in her first ever dressage competition taking place in two weeks (and my first in 5 years!). She's going sweetly and all I want are nice calm tests and to give her a good experience :)

It looks like its going to pour with rain all weekend, which we desperately need! Fingers crossed we get the totals they are forecasting :D I will have to venture down to the indoor (15 minute walk away) to get out of the weather ;)

Have a good weekend all, and hope all those naughty ponies heal up well!

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
We have out last event of the season! The weather feels VERY wintery this week and it's been raining for the last 3 days which will mean the ground conditions will be good. Hopefully Henry won't be feeling too fresh with the winter comeback, especially after last week was very summery.

We are going to go and have fun and build his confidence, and hopefully he will be more relaxed in the dressage. The jumping phases are ok, I just need to trust him and to ride forward where I think he might be a bit looky.

Have fun all!

SEL

Visit site
I have to do a double take when the southern hemisphere post about needing more rain. Errr - what county is that? Ooohhh - not UK. No one in UK thinks rain is much needed any longer 😊😊

Anyway. Enjoy reading about plans given broken horses mean my plans stretch to thinking beds need to go down so they can come in to avoid potential fireworks.

alexomahony

Visit site
I'll be hacking on Sunday alone (he's really nappy but seems to enjoy himself once out and about), but I'm hoping he enjoyed last week so we don't have the argument on the way out again!

That's pretty much it barring watching the rugby tomorrow:) Have a great weekend everyone!

Breagha

Visit site
Breagha did dressage and an arena event at the yard last sunday. She managed to lose a shoe before the 3rd to last fence. I managed to find it but my farrier is away so she hasnt been ridden since. I was meant to be going SJ for the start of the pony club league and trying a side saddle on sunday but seems she is having some time off.x

Bernster

Visit site
Xc lesson tomorrow cancelled due to low uptake. Relieved actually as drag hunting from last week got canned and is now this Sunday instead. So we have our first hunt outing. Whoooooop. Rain forecast though, boooooo. Taking a friend so will have company which I much prefer especially as I will be nervous as it’s the first time this year. Ooh, on that note, must remember to dig out my hip flask !

Northern

Visit site
I have to do a double take when the southern hemisphere post about needing more rain. Errr - what county is that? Ooohhh - not UK. No one in UK thinks rain is much needed any longer 😊😊

Anyway. Enjoy reading about plans given broken horses mean my plans stretch to thinking beds need to go down so they can come in to avoid potential fireworks.

I can imagine :p But we have a long, hot and very dry summer ahead so will celebrate anything over 5 drops :D
Perhaps we can do a weather swap for a few weeks ;)

Fiona

Visit site
Everyone else has dropped out of my RC SJ team, so no inter club for me.

I'll have to bath Fionn and go to WH instead...

Daisy is looking a bit lethargic so she's having a week off...

Fiona

Reacher

Visit site
I have a “flatwork “ lesson tomorrow- the quotes because it may include poles and possibly couple of X poles to keep Mr H sweet.
Back story is I have changed instructors as mr H was getting rather sour in his flatwork lessons. He was finding it “impossible “ to canter in the small arena (approx 18 x 40 m - but then he is only 15hh), behind the leg, couldn’t balance, swapping behind or breaking in canter, kicking out grumpily when he thinks I’m using too much leg . New instructor gets him much sharper off the leg and keeps his brain busy with the poles etc and he has discovered that he CAN maintain canter in the arena - ok balance needs working on but compared to before it’s like he is a different horse, and he is having fun and is not bored and grumpy , even though it’s hard work! He has also discovered a power lengthened trot stride (will try and upload a photo).
Good luck abbijay and Accidental eventer and any anyone else competing and have fun everyone else

Foxychops

Visit site
I was supposed to be having a lesson tomorrow but with 40mph plus winds and rain I've decided against it!! Trying to arrange another one for Sunday. If not will ride round the woods.

Have a great weekend everyone x

Sprat

Visit site
Good luck to those competing this weekend, and sorry to hear others have sicknotes :(

I'm doing a test riding clinic tomorrow which I am hugely looking forward to, however have ballsed up slightly as it's at 11:00... Close to an hours drive to get there means I'm going to miss the Rugby. I'll listen to it on the radio but it's not the same.

I did consider a social media / radio / tv ban until I get back from the clinic, but I just don't think I can count on my husband (who is Irish) to not text / call to let me know what is happening. Especially if England end up losing, he'll be positively gleeful.

Michen

Visit site
Omg the weather forecast! Supposed to be going to opening meet but end speed of 67.. can take back roads but not sure this is safe for a 3.5 tonne box? I have no idea what 67 feels like!

Michen

Visit site
Xc lesson tomorrow cancelled due to low uptake. Relieved actually as drag hunting from last week got canned and is now this Sunday instead. So we have our first hunt outing. Whoooooop. Rain forecast though, boooooo. Taking a friend so will have company which I much prefer especially as I will be nervous as it’s the first time this year. Ooh, on that note, must remember to dig out my hip flask !

Are you going with sandhurst? I may re route from tomorrow to a Sunday drag. Though B and B opening meet at brockhurst looks nice...