Halloween Weekend Plans!

JulesRules

Visit site
Woohoo, just got back from saddle appointment. As suspected Smudge's saddle was fine but Rory needed to go down a gullet size. He's obviously so much happier even though I've been using a gel pad to try to lift the front. He felt amazing, really lifting his back and moving forwards and under. Canter may need some work again as he was going more upwards than forwards but I'm not complaining. Excited to go and play in my friend's big arena tomorrow now. Might start working on a floor plan for Prelim FSM ???

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Met up with SPd this afternoon, I mercilessly made encouraged her to grab a small Fuzzy and brush off and pick out feet, then I dragged asked her if she wanted to potter round with me whilst I poo picked, then ordered asked her to pop a sheet on B Fuzzy.
All the fuzzies were very pleased to get a WHOLE APPLE each! Lovely to meet you SPd ?

TheHairyOne

Visit site
Oh thank you that's very kind. I need to try and remember which other HHO'er on here offered too - perhaps I could go on tour! :) with offerings of cake and/or poo picking in exchange for getting my horsey fix :D :cool:

T'was me! Offer still very much open.

I am doing nothing this weekend due to the local SJing being full ridiculously early and my tow car playing up. Grrr.

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
It sounds like lots of good weekends are planned as well as some sneaky Friday activities!

AmE - I'm so sorry about Amber, I just went to look at your other post to see what has happened. I know a lot of people have suggested Rockley and I'll add to those with positive stories from there, they do get a lot of horses through now that are already barefoot but still lame, the rehab is a lot more than just being barefoot. It might also be worth a chat with Krista Jones at From The Ground Up (you'll find her on FB) as she's offering rehab either at her Reading base or remotely. Big hugs xx

Talking of sneaky Fridays - we started this morning with our Andy Thomas clinic. It was fab, I could really feel the difference and finally felt like I was really sitting into Danny's canter. Sitting trot will take longer :p I was also really pleased with Danny's attitude, once again he arrived at a completely new place, happily stood tied to the lorry and loaded straight away both times. He's turning into a very straightforward horse! We've got a test riding clinic on Sunday too, which was postponed from the last storm.

On the downside, I was expecting Chilli to head home from Spain this weekend and I've been so excited about seeing him, after all three of my planned trips there were cancelled due to effing 'Rona. However his trainer's car was stolen last night and guess where Chilli's passport was... Best case is the car turns up - they often get nicked for drug running in that area (especially battered old 4x4s like my trainer's) then abandoned. Worst case is we have to apply for a duplicate passport and he can't get on a lorry until that arrives. I'm gutted, and the trainer is devastated - I think he's more upset about the passport than he is about his car :(:(
Oh no! Was that an ANCCE passport? As I don't think they're cheap to replace either :(

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Met up with SPd this afternoon, I mercilessly made encouraged her to grab a small Fuzzy and brush off and pick out feet, then I dragged asked her if she wanted to potter round with me whilst I poo picked, then ordered asked her to pop a sheet on B Fuzzy.
All the fuzzies were very pleased to get a WHOLE APPLE each! Lovely to meet you SPd ?

Thank you sooo much for having me! It was really fab to meet you and the Fuzzy crew, and I was delighted to spend some time brushing a small Fuzzy :D

Northern

Visit site
It's been raining pretty much nonstop for 2 weeks here, makes it tricky to plan outings :/ I love the rain, but now I have so much grass I can't let the horses out on it for fear of big tummies! Can't win with the weather...

In slight desperation for an outing, I've entered L and I in a dressage (prelim) competition in two weeks, slight twist is that I am on night shift so will need to be super organised and wake to my alarm! The lovely committee have given me later times to ride so I can have a rest after work.

Bonus picture of the muddy pony, who is in slight bad books today because she found out she could make a bid for paddock freedom by leaning on my fence while the ground is saturated...

LCAR.JPG

Have a good weekend all!

mairiwick

Visit site
We are hoping the worst of the weather passes before this afternoon as we are heading over to Kelsall for Halloween fancy dress-age.. was planning to wear a witch hat and black cape but at the moment think I'd get carried away by the wind!! Mini preview of a small part of her outfit.. will post one when we are in full get up assuming it stays in place!! Have a good weekend everyone hope you stay as dry as you can!! 20201030_145853_capture.jpg

mairiwick

Visit site
Well the weather improved, we managed to stay dry for both tests - got a 3rd in the Novice and came away with 5th in our first Elementary. She also was a total star with all the fancy dress and we got a little goody bag for our efforts (though did decide to take the cape off for the actual tests!)

IMG-20201031-WA0003.jpgIMG-20201031-WA0016.jpg

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
Absolutely nothing. No lessons, no competitions, nothing planned. She was wrapped up like a wee pig in a blanket at lunchtime today and is getting a night out with her best pal. She had Mon - Wed off, a lesson on Thursday and then I let one of the kids sit on her yesterday.

She's worked her wee socks off recently I reckon she deserved an easy week.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Still nowt...

Excitement of the day was trying to get on Skylla and her treating the mounting block like a lunge line ?. Was really inspiring to get on ? but she was good!

Last edited:

Mule

Visit site
She's so cute ?
It's been raining pretty much nonstop for 2 weeks here, makes it tricky to plan outings :/ I love the rain, but now I have so much grass I can't let the horses out on it for fear of big tummies! Can't win with the weather...

In slight desperation for an outing, I've entered L and I in a dressage (prelim) competition in two weeks, slight twist is that I am on night shift so will need to be super organised and wake to my alarm! The lovely committee have given me later times to ride so I can have a rest after work.

Bonus picture of the muddy pony, who is in slight bad books today because she found out she could make a bid for paddock freedom by leaning on my fence while the ground is saturated...

View attachment 58005

Have a good weekend al

Mule

Visit site
That hat is the cutest :D
We are hoping the worst of the weather passes before this afternoon as we are heading over to Kelsall for Halloween fancy dress-age.. was planning to wear a witch hat and black cape but at the moment think I'd get carried away by the wind!! Mini preview of a small part of her outfit.. will post one when we are in full get up assuming it stays in place!! Have a good weekend everyone hope you stay as dry as you can!! View attachment 58007

Sheep

Visit site
Was meant to have a lesson Fri, but big unit lost a shoe ? farrier to the rescue today though so we are going out to play with some jumps tomorrow with a friend. Hopefully weather is better than today!!

nikicb

www.facebook.com
I’m sure my trainer would have paid...but thankfully it won’t be necessary as his car has been found and the passport was still in it!! Whoop whoop!! Chilli is coming home ?

Brilliant news!! When we he be home? I must say though that if I was Chilli, I would prefer the warmer weather at the moment. Safe travels. xx

Bernster

Visit site
Great hat!

Moved yards today! Yay. Spot on timing as all sorted before this new lock down. Such a relief. An anxious week as we had lots of stress due to various reasons, but hopefully all behind us and we can relax and enjoy the new yard. Have so much stuff and much less storage so I’m doing a massive sort out tmrw.

god knows what the lock down rules mean though. Yet another thing to deal with. I do feel like a lot of people inc me are running on empty emotionally and this winter is going to be incredibly tough.

racebuddy

Visit site
Well the weather improved, we managed to stay dry for both tests - got a 3rd in the Novice and came away with 5th in our first Elementary. She also was a total star with all the fancy dress and we got a little goody bag for our efforts (though did decide to take the cape off for the actual tests!)

View attachment 58077View attachment 58078
Well done i seen u just as i was getting back on the lorry xx

j1ffy

Visit site
Brilliant news!! When we he be home? I must say though that if I was Chilli, I would prefer the warmer weather at the moment. Safe travels. xx

hopefully back end of the week or next weekend. Given tonight’s announcement I just hope I can see him arrive as the yard went into strict lockdown last time the national one was in place..!