Hanging feed bucket but...

PapaverFollis

Visit site
... circular?

I know. Physics. But does such a thing exist?

MrT has to have sloppy feed in a door hanging manger. Else there is, without fail, drama. And wasted feed.

His rubber square door hanging manager is ok. But he can't get the feed out of the corners with his blunt chisel nose. (Little Dragon has a lovely time cleaning up after him with her delicate little snoot...).

I'd like him, at some point in his life, to have fully drama free meal times. But also be able to access all parts of the bucket. Anything at floor level gets either kicked over or a foot fully planted into it such that I'm picking his breakfast out of his feet at riding time. ?

He's a special creature in many ways.

FB_IMG_1631451443000.jpg

Any suggestions? It seems like all the hanging mangers I can find have got a straight edge and corners for obvious reasons.

Hopefully we're going to have our indoor stables sorted for this winter... I can see him having to have a special concrete plinth with a dip that a circular feed bowl can be placed into...

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
would one of these work with a round bucket dropped in?

41uXPzjF1tL._AC_.jpg

https://www.speedgate.co.uk/ecomm/s...ngs/stubbs-portable-hook-on-bucket-holder.htm

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
When I worked I the US many moons ago we had hooks with circles above them that you could hang a normal or flat backed bucket on (Mr T would be able to snuffle food along the flat but no problem, no real corners) but havent got a clue wht to google to find them ? *go off into Google land to investigate*

Yes someone will say those hooks are dangerous, but as I know your ponies arent left unattended munching am sure would be fine :)

ETA not what I was looking for and fixed but this?

https://www.viovet.co.uk/Stubbs-Wal...eQJ8wtZca4oC4SiCny6uqbzR5hX6UWmRoCJywQAvD_BwE

ETA again these are the badgers

Derby Originals Heavy Duty Wall Mount Metal Bucket Hook Hangers - For Use with Horses, Livestock, Pets, Indoors/Outdoors, Garage/Automotive - Available in Lots of 1, 4, and 6 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07NF44W62/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_RJ77FA9CNS9HF03W3YZZ

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Excellent!

Thank you ESW.

Pauline... he would put his great daft hoof straight into it and kick food everywhere ? anything at floor level is a liability even if it won't kick over. ?

PapaverFollis

Visit site
On occasions we used to tip the food on the floor - cant remember why - we didn’t do it all the time.

MrT likes to do that himself. Then he goes "eeewww it has floor cooties" and doesn't eat it. Then Little Dragon gets a horse sized meal on top of her pony sized meal... chaos. ?

Reactions: D66