Happy note lets see your showing pics!!

DiablosGold

Visit site
What a lovely Summery thread :) I only have this one (a photo of a photo):

meanddibbsatshow.jpg

We came 3rd in ridden coloureds that day.

rushyj

Visit site
It is the best way to feel summer is here lol. I know Magnus did absolute wonders with Ben. I had the privilage to ride and own him for my mum before she sadly passed away but he will alway be Magnus's Heavyweight and the reason hunters will never move the same way again lol.

Here you go this is Magnus winning Windsor on him the season he won HOYS

n1074211092_266590_8676.jpg

Sparkles

Visit site
And Mr.Splodges!!! [Ignore me...I was having issues adjusting to the show saddle. Or rather, fitting into it haha]

8816_1202571819150_1074211092_641922_7509594_n.jpg.com

And Bustieeeeee [in the morning way before the class,hence wrong saddle and lack of tie etc]

8828_280984000528_608265528_8892525_4200498_n.jpg

8326_169788946752_708806752_3505538_1271468_n.jpg

8828_281006135528_608265528_8893097_1322336_n.jpg

Last edited:

rushyj

Visit site
A riding horse you should wear a navy jacket shirt and tie, tie pinned down, fawn breeches, long leather boots, navy harness hat or beagler (be careful some shows don't allow beaglers)

Horse should have plain noseband but a coloured browband, yes you can use a snaffle on a novice.

pixyandsweep

Visit site
112.jpg

This is my chap, he is 5 this year. And we came 5th out of 25 (ish) at Edenbridge and Oxted in Novice Hunters. Amongst many professionals, I was very pleased, as it was his first party :D

126.jpg

120.jpg

JessPickle

Visit site
Ah Love this thread :) its so interesting for a showing virgin like me :) Hoping to try and get into some showing this year, may need to sort out the small issue of Pickle being too lazy to trot up in hand first though :p Bless him

Tiffany

Visit site
Theresa I know it's a showing thread but really sorry to hear about you having cancer and good luck with chemo. A friend of mine is having chemo at moment for bowel cancer and so far side effects are minimal.

Your horse is beautiful and I'm sure you'll soon be back in the show ring.

kbsaff

Visit site
No nice showing pics but one of lenny showing off his rosette after having come 4th in his first ever youngstock class. Oh and a rather windswept mum trying to sort his rug out!

DSC01314.jpg

siennamum

Visit site
Ooh - I want to join in.
Sienna in a very poor picture of a picture doing SFAS 6 years ago:

One of my favorite picures, my darling little Milly (sadly no more) with Charlie a few years ago reserve champ at a veteran show:

Charlie demonstrating what he really thinks of showing, on Shadow, at Shadow's first ever show:

Angelbones

Visit site
We only do local stuff.
This is my daughter at 4 with her 36" shetland Charlie with whom she did lead rein M&M stuff
show2.jpg

Then she moved onto 11.2 Poppy (RIP) - her lead rein pony, but this was her first 'have a go off the lead rein' class. She was doing great until they changed the rein and she ran over the steward
show1.jpg

This is her current pony - Rupert 13.2. He is her hunting /pc pony and my pal takes him in WHP classes, where he generally does very well.
show3.jpg

And finally this is my hunter Polo 16.1 doing a Ridden Hunter class. He's prettier than he is bold so does better in classes without jumps (he likes a lead!)
show5.jpg

Sorry for the overload - am already excited about sunny days spent in the showground, bring it on!

toteymote

Visit site
We only do local shows but this year we are going to enter the Equestrian Life qualifiers so you never know :D I used to do ridden showing but seeing as he thinks it's funny to tank off/have a bucking fit I decided to give inhand showing a go and have got on really well with it :) Although hopefully I will give ridden showing another go as I *think* I've got some brakes! This is toto when he was placed inhand champion at our first go at inhand and we even got our picture in equestrian life mag so I was very very proud :D

eqlife-1.gif

At this is at the first show of the season on saturday. It was horrid and rained all day but he was still such a good boy! This is him and his friend Murdoc who I really want to steal!
mote.jpg

motey.jpg

moteymoo.jpg

26154_10150165805700160_721245159_1.jpg

I was thinking of buying a tweed jacket as my navy one dosen't really fit anymore. Will that look ok or should I be wearing a navy one? Thank you! :)

Bri

Visit site
dolsey I think I'm in love with your horse - he/she is stunning! Love that last photo..how the hell do you get him so white though?!

Miss Marple

Visit site
A riding horse you should wear a navy jacket shirt and tie, tie pinned down, fawn breeches, long leather boots, navy harness hat or beagler (be careful some shows don't allow beaglers)

Horse should have plain noseband but a coloured browband, yes you can use a snaffle on a novice.

Technically tweed is correct for Riding Horses and navy for Hacks, although you could get away with navy if you had nothing else!

And thank you for putting up yet another stunning pic of BM :rolleyes:

Will try and upload some of my girls.

rushyj

Visit site
Pixyandsweep... your horse is lovely he reminds me of Katie Jerram's Pinky (noble clover) best of luck with him..

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
Beautiful photos everybody! What a bunch of snazzy horses. :)

I don't plan to do anything with Belle yet or for a good while (if ever) as we really only bought her to be a fun hack and to have some lessons on. I do worry that she'll be wasted with us but perhaps I will want to do something in the future. I think her brain would EXPLODE right now if we took her to a show, bless her!

PippiPony

Chocolatier and Greyhound lover
Visit site
Here is Sov doing her lap of Honour after vinning a big Veteran Qualfier class at Local RC show

Sovwinningveteran01.jpg

i think she was 21.

A few minutes later little s*d refused to load, pulled away from me & galloped across the car park back to the showground. This was after i had withdrawn from the dressage as the ground was too hard :p

coen

Visit site
Oohh this cheers me up, finally summer is coming.
Your horses are all lovely I forgot how dashing they can look without the mud.
I intend to be out and about at local shows with my boy this year, so excited he has never been to a show and I haven't been in years so should be fun.