Has anyone got a TBXID

aidybex

Visit site
I have one!! He is 16.2hh of pure genuiness.

We've not been without our problems such as bad back, but he gives 100%. Loves to jump and hunting!! He is liver chestnut with a big white blaze.

As you can tell I'm smitten, so pleased I bought him a year ago - he's adorable. A bit dumb, but that tends to be the Irish in them! Loves affection!

Hugo.jpg

king_of_diamonds

www.wordpress.com
I have one, Bobby. He's a 16.2hh chestnut. He loves jumping, he's fairly quiet, has his moments though. Puts 110% into his jumping.

On a more mentality note, Bobby's very forward, always ready to go. He's not the most affectionate, though he enjoys attention. He's quiet, sensable, super talented and loves work!

sazzle44

Visit site
My mum and I look after one, but he's like part of the family. He's 20 and semi-retired now, but my mum first competed him when he was 5! He's a total gent. A full 16"3 of loveliness. Jumped ANYTHING cross-country, went clear round numerous Open HT's and considering my mum's a small 5ft2 and he's a big horse bought for a bloke, he always looked after her and tried his hardest. Did the odd bit of unaff eventing and never did too badly, but dressage wasn't his favourite and he had a great disliking to anything white which wasn't so helpful showjumping! Nowadays he's babysitter to anything young, green or nervous out hacking and is completely rock solid. Would have another without a doubt :)

Louby

Visit site
my friend has one, fantastic horse, she events, dressage, sj, everything. I have one but mum was shire x tb, so some shire in there too and hes a total wally :D. So talented but so so quirky :D Must be the shire eh :)

Dolcé

Visit site
OH has Michael, now 15, he bought him as a show jumper but Michael hated it so has never been forced into continuing. He is a 16.2 bay boy and is simply a lovely, genuine horse. He nannys all our youngsters out on the road, the girls (6, 7 and 9) ride him in the field with no tack but he can have his moments! I rode him when I got back into riding and Sami and I have hacked out for hours at a time, he is just so easy. I love him!!

TinselTurkey

Visit site
Its really nice hearing about all your IDxTB :)

I share a 16.1 bay gelding. He is a nutcase but he is very affectionate and likes cuddles. He is not the most intelligent horse but makes it up with his super jump, He will jump anything which has really helped my confidence. He as skinny TB legs and huge ID hooves lol :)

When he is in the mood he is quite easy to get on an outline and he has nice paces so we ocaisionally to a bit of dressage.

The only downsides to him is that hacking is all a bit to exciting so he gets a bit silly and jumping has two speeds-like a slug or warp speed (i'm still trying to find the happy medium). jumping a line of fences (grids etc) is a nightmare because a previous rider used to gallop at them so he now thinks that is the speed he must go. He loves jumping though and when I watch recordings of him jumping his face is so funny!

You cant warm up over one fence you have to do about 4 to keep him calm and never warm up over a double because you will have no control going over it later :/
when at shows you cant leave him inside the trailer even with a friend in there to because he will just kick non stop so you have to take him off but you cant leave him unattended even for 5 mins to get the numbers from the secretary because he chews the trailer trim and we are no missing half of the trim on the trailer. A haynet normally keeps him quiet for about 30 mins but its not always practical if we are early on in the class. He is like a toddler and has to be kept busy, He has to be ridden and lunged everyday(apart from monday when its his day off) to keep him sane. He also has to be jumped twice a week to keep him sane.

Sorry for the essay but I do love him

monte1

Visit site
Yes, my boy is ID x TB, had him since a yearling and is 9 now! he has loads of personality and I love him to pieces, can be a bit quirky at times, but is 100% honest when we are out at shows and stuff and just loves to jump, we do most things, SJ, XC and dressage, would love to event him, but cant afford it !!
IMO, they are a really great mix for a nice all-rounder type of horse, never seem to be sick or sorry either !!

trying to post a photo in here . but cant seem to get it to work!!

shell1978

Visit site
Yup, Connie is a 16'1 chestnut mare, loves her work, got a great jump on her, very expressive paces. Good bone, never gone lame with me yet(touch wood).

Personality wise she is not affectionate, never neighs or whinnies, she is very well behaved on the ground, can get excited, and will not tollerate a novice on her!

Love her to bits though!

asbo

Visit site
i have jay, as nutty as they come, spooks at butterflys and rocks but would stand still in a road full of traffic, hes a cheeky so and so most the time but very loving when he likes you, and if he doesnt he makes it known lol.
sadly he is retired but i plan to look for a yearling tbxid next winter.

new%20cam%201%20239.jpg

S7000610.JPG

S7000740.JPG

monte1

Visit site
sorry, slightly off thread, how do you all get your photos to appear in your posts, when i copy and paste a picture it doesnt work ??

TallyHo123

Visit site
I have a 2year old TBxID. I love her and think shes fab :D
Bought her and her mum when she was 3 weeks old. Mum is full TB, ex race horse called Move On and dad is ID and TB called Jackson Pollock who was sadly pts due to colic last year.
She is the spit of her dad! Same markings, same attitude.
I'm hoping she turns out into a nice little horse :)

Kokopelli

Visit site
My instructor has one and I've ridden him a few times and I love him! Very smart and doesn't do more then what he has too doesn't get too hot but can be a bit strong at times. He gives lovely lunge lessons aswell bless him and he's passed his B test so many times :D

I wish they cam in smaller sizes as I would have one in an instant but at 5ft I look crazy ridiculous on them :eek:

TinselTurkey

Visit site
Yup, Connie is a 16'1 chestnut mare, loves her work, got a great jump on her, very expressive paces. Good bone, never gone lame with me yet(touch wood).

Personality wise she is not affectionate, never neighs or whinnies, she is very well behaved on the ground, can get excited, and will not tollerate a novice on her!

Love her to bits though!

Fred is very vocal! especially when its tea time or time to go in the field!

TinselTurkey

Visit site
My instructor has one and I've ridden him a few times and I love him! Very smart and doesn't do more then what he has too doesn't get too hot but can be a bit strong at times. He gives lovely lunge lessons aswell bless him and he's passed his B test so many times :D

I wish they cam in smaller sizes as I would have one in an instant but at 5ft I look crazy ridiculous on them :eek:

ahh bless him :)

when I first started sharing fred my legs only just came past the saddle! haha

little_flea

Visit site
Yep! Maggie (in my signature) is 11, a big girl at 17.2hh, show jumped up to 1.30m classes and is now also doing dressage at BD Elementary level. Me and my sister own her together, she does the dressage and I show jump, and we've had her for a year and a half and absolutely adore her. Such a super allrounder, the loveliest personality (though she is very bossy and loves showing off!).

rolls1392

Visit site
OH and I have a 3yr old tb x id
He is very laid back, quick to learn and very sensible but forward going.
He's alot of fun to have around and deal with
We look forward to next year to carry on his education.

Ellies_mum2

Visit site
sorry, slightly off thread, how do you all get your photos to appear in your posts, when i copy and paste a picture it doesnt work ??

Best way is to open a photobucket account and upload any pictures onto that. Then all you need to do is copy and paste the IMG code underneath.

Hope that helps :)

Lakelandcross

Visit site
We have 2 full brothers that we bred ourselves.

One is 15.3hh the other 16.3hh.

One is fine build, the other is heavy.

One has a soft mouth, the other hard.

One is steady and laid back, the other isn't!!!

I wouldn't swap either of them.

Ladylina83

Visit site
Yes but he's only 6 months old - so far he's laid back, stubborn, loving and daft

He's my forever horse out of my own mare that I have had for 10 years and I love him. Everyday he makes me smile - even this morning when I took water up and he dribbled ice cold water in my fringe and down my face as I was lifting the container, anything better than the time he did it at the weekend but down my builders bum ! haha

July.jpg

snowpony.jpg

Dizzydancer

Visit site
I have one, he is a 16.1 and very affectionate, now retired but used to love jumping and hunting. He is very genuine and now he is just a spoilt old man enjoying the quieter life after everything he gave. He does have his days where he is miserable and bolshy but i love him for all of that. His main issue was he is actually too clever for his own good and just gets wound up way to quickly one canter while hacking and we didnt walk again all hack! He could only be jumped before going into the class or he would be too hyper to actually jump a round! But he is fab and i will definately be after another once I finish uni!!