Has anyone managed to ride today?

eggs

Visit site
I'm in the south east/midlands and it hasn't stopped snowing.

Fields are too wet to ride in and the roads too slushy to risk venturing out on. I could go into the school but it is just too darn cold.

I cracked and got the horses in at 2 as they were just hanging around the gate. They are happily munching their way through huge mounds of hay.

slumdog

Visit site
I'm also midlands and I've got no chance of riding :( fields and school are all underwater and rodes are slippy. Show is cancelled tomorrow and horses are fed up being stuck in. I will honestly never moan about the summer heat again!

HaffiesRock

Visit site
I'm Nottingham and no way!

Pony is out 24/7 and eating me out of house and home in the snow! He doesnt mind the cold too much, means he gets lots of food. Annoying though as I'd just bought him back into work and now its been 3 weeks since ridden although managed a couple of lunge sessions last week.

Where is spring!

eggs

Visit site
We were supposed to be out competing today but fortunately it was cancelled so at least we haven't lost our entry fees as I couldn't risk loading the horses as it was so slippery.

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
I really like a tootle about in the snow, but it was 3 foot drift where Shy is kept (N Yorks) and there was just no way.

Feel very sorry for everyone really struggling at the moment. I have definitely got it easy.

amandaco2

Visit site
Fields soaked, lane slushy so not used arena. It's covered in snow but as unshod it wouldn't be an issue.....but its so windy and sleety nothing much would be gained, so neds happy in munching!!

Bambi.

Visit site
Nope, it's so horrible! I just keep thinking this must be the last of it now! Well.. fingers crossed! I want the long nights and riding after work not more snow!

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
I am so glad we have a Landrover Discovery. Could not manage without her now. She may be old and she may need repairs on a regular basis, but she gets us there. ;)

Dizzydancer

Visit site
Not a chance snow drifts are up to my boys belly and only reason i got to yard is cause OH drove and it had been cleared by tractor and bucket- leaving about a 15ft wall of snow which is also about 5ft wide! Great fun.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Essex, hacked (off road only) this afternoon in the snow flurries and winds. Was actually totally lovely (but short.. And fast!)

eggs

Visit site
On the plus side my tack room has never been so well organised and all my spare tack has had a clean.

maxapple

Visit site
I did in Kent. No proper snow here so did a dressage clinic in the sleet, went for a short hack afterwards and a fun gallop to blow the snow away!

Greylegs

Visit site
East midlands, snowed up to the eyeballs, but still managed to ride ... Hurrah for an indoor school!,

Sorry!

Flame_

Visit site
I have. Snowing, but no snow on the ground round our lanes so we went for a ride which was nice. We didn't go too far though, the wind was bloody freezing.

dixie

Visit site
Yes! No sign of snow here although two days or torrential rain and flooding.
Boxed to nearby arena and jumped round a course of jumps for a change as our arena is flooded. Also desperate to go Xc schooling but everywhere closed. Feel for all you with snow.

L&M

Visit site
Yes - managed to hack both of ours out today and yesterday, but only around the lanes. However if the freeze kicks in as forecasted that will be hit on the head too.....

Thay have been in 24/7 over the last 2 days as the snow/mud is too slippy to turn out, so at least if the ground freezes the upside is I can chuck them out for a few hours.

Fed up.....

Last edited:

HollyhedgePippa

Visit site
:( Nope, not even managed turnout as the fields were up to my shins. Just didn't want to risk Pip going lame again. She was quite content though in her stable, must have had a rough night. The snow drifts were unreal! Must have been about 4ft..

3Beasties

Visit site
I went for quick ride in the snow. Wasn't the nicest type of snow to ride in though as it is quite slushy and slippy. Think we need more if I am going to ride in it tomorrow!

15aa7c3c-1fc9-4004-ad78-ebf8d5f76ffe_zps470eae53.jpg

86aea83c-ac71-44cc-a8ea-42dfde11e280_zps73f93259.jpg

Tilda

Visit site
We are in East Midlands and managed a 20 minute pootle around the fields was meant to be longer but it was very slippery as so wet. Went back and did a walk and trot schooling session to get my spooky horse,who has been in 24/7 for a week, listening!

ossy

Visit site
Yip i've been out hacking today. I'm in cheshire and we have no snow, bit windy and cold but roads and arena are fine! Fields are another matter.

Billabongchick

Visit site
Yes, had a gap in the rain so my 10 yo step daughter had her first canter (on our horse) on the lunge and I then schooled her after for 10mins and got the best work ever out of her so finished on a high as she was so good for a baby!

Hollywood

Visit site
Managed to ride today - luckily we have an indoor school, which was quite busy today - having just rebacked my youngster only two weeks ago I have to keep her going. It was only the third time I had ever ridden her with other people in the indoor so she was a bit spooky but all in all she was a good girl. Looks like the same tomorrow as well and no turn out - so frustrating!!

Theocat

Visit site
Nope, but that's because I'm feeling poorly - we've only had about half an inch of snow, if that, in York. Horribly windy, though!

JFTDWS

Visit site
I went for quick ride in the snow. Wasn't the nicest type of snow to ride in though as it is quite slushy and slippy. Think we need more if I am going to ride in it tomorrow!

15aa7c3c-1fc9-4004-ad78-ebf8d5f76ffe_zps470eae53.jpg

86aea83c-ac71-44cc-a8ea-42dfde11e280_zps73f93259.jpg

Lovely pics - you have a lot more than us!

481969_551229856577_903827477_n.jpg

[youtube]ctgam8INzpo[/youtube]

Jojo_Pea4

Visit site
Got up early and hacked my boy out roads were fine only wet but settled a bit on the fields, blizzards coming back but needed to walk him as he gets stiff as we are not turning out as fields wet and deep mud and horses stand at the gates.

Taking young horse to his first dressage test tomorrow wont decide if we are going till morning.