has my pony had a stroke?

Thistle

Visit site
surey if it was botulism wouldn't the other ponies at the yard have it too? they have all eaten the same haylage.
Or would he just be more susecptible to it being so dinky.

Come on little nibbly pony you can make it.

sojeph

Visit site
Sounds similar to a mare I knew who had Grass Sickness.
Hope he pulls through and as others have said - eating and drinking is a good sign. Good Luck.

mostfunintown

Visit site
There is still hope as this morning he defyed the vets and decided to start trying to eat. He has had some pony nuts and is still trying on apples. He seems to be really hungry and is just having a real difficulty with swallowing. Over night he has also now had a wee and two droppings so that a big improvement as yesterday it seemed he had started to shut down. I hope he can keep on with these improvements then there will be some chance of him pulling through.
I am not sure about if it is bochilism why the others arn't poorly too, the only thing I can think of is that because he is soooo tiny things just hit him harder.
smile.gif
smirk.gif
crazy.gif
smile.gif

mostfunintown

Visit site
bad news today, he has taken a turn for the worse. He is now scared of sounds including talking just climbing the walls so has had to go back onto sedolin, this has the unfortuate effect of him not eating. He has given this a very good fight but unfortunately the vet is comming tomorrow and sandy will be PTS! A heart breaking end for such a little fighter but it would be cruel to continue. The only thing we can be glad for is that he has had superb vetinary care and a lot of love. He has stopped responding to human contact and so now has no quality of life.
frown.gif

brightmount

Visit site
Very sorry to hear this mfit. You have done all you can and you are allowing him this final kindness. You and your little fella will be in my thoughts tomorrow.

mostfunintown

Visit site
He has now got a reprieve for the weekend!!! The vet has had some blood test results in confirming inflamation, so is now going to give anti inflamitories for the weekend. Sandy is not so jumpy this morning so has got one last chance vet will be back on monday. Will hopefully make a difference please send get well vibes to him over the weekend. This little guy has deffinately been on a roller coaster of ups and downs all week, and he has had all of us on one too!
confused.gif

Thistle

Visit site
OMG he is certainly using up his nine lives!

You are so lucky that the family that has him on loan are so dedicated. When they had my old boy he used to get pamperd and fussed and really looked after. Luckily the equine practice here is excellent too.

Have they found out exactly what was wrong with him yet?

mostfunintown

Visit site
I think the vets are still unsure and not 100percent sure yet that it is bochilism we may never know. He's definately good at confusing everyone
confused.gif

mostfunintown

Visit site
Ok you are not going to believe this but he is still alive!!!lol
laugh.gif

His injections were all stopped yesterday and would you believe he is a little better this morning so vet has been cancelled until further notice. He has now got the chance to get better on his own. obviously if he gets worse then the vet will be called again but for the time being we will just see how he goes. I will post if there is any changes but otherwise thanx everyone who had their fingers crossed i think you did it!!! Katex
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
<span style="color:purple"> </span>

Thistle

Visit site
I had the good news from Jo earlier. She is coming over tomorrow to borrow some different chaffs and feeds from me to see if she can find him a suitable source of fibre as he is finding hay difficult.

He is one amazing little pony. Obviously found his way into the hearts of the family.

sojeph

Visit site
Bless him...he's obviously not ready to give up just yet!! Here's hoping he continue's to a full recovery
grin.gif

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Im so pleased hes doing well and continuing to fight.... What a special little boy!!

I hope the little mite makes a speedy recover, give him a big hug from me!!

mostfunintown

Visit site
frown.gif
frown.gif
Hi everyone, I spoke too soon yesterday, Sandy was PTS this afternoon. He was quite bright this morning infact the best he has been since this episode started, Only this afternoon he took a slide downhill and began with colic so the decision was made to say goodbye. Thanx for all your support throughout his illness over the last week.
frown.gif
frown.gif

Kate x