Has nayone clipped yet?

Stenners

Visit site
Has anyone clipped their horses? What horses do you have?

My Cob X already has her winter coat - I got back from holiday last week and she looks very different and sweated after 15 minutes so think I'll be clipping her this weekend!

I'm trying to hold off with my TB for a bit longer!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
My sec D is clipped out (in fairly hard work) and my part bred has a blanket (light work but very very woolly!)

It's very mild where we are still so neither have worn a rug yet, they are more comfortable for being de-fuzzed.

SplashofSoy

Visit site
Full clip on my RID last Thursday, just has a 100g rug on as still rather mild even in Yorkshire countryside. But he was like a mammoth and is still warm even clipped when worked hard.

Leo Walker

Visit site
Hes clipped all year round pretty much! I did him about 3 weeks ago and he could do with being done again. I'm trying to hold off another couple of weeks so I dont have to do him again too soon. Hes grown a lot of fluff in a very short time though!

Nugget La Poneh

Visit site
Nugz has been sporting the Flotex look for the last week :-D Mostly out without a rug during the day. Got sick of the all the moulting hair so got someone to whip it all off. Will probably have to do once more, will see how it goes.

LeannePip

Visit site
I did mine (everything off including head and legs) about 3 weeks ago, could probably do her again but will wait a couple more weeks. She has a rainsheet/ 100g during the day and light stable over night.

I've also done 6 other clips for other people so you definitely won't be alone!

thebayhorse

New User
Visit site
Ours are booked for 2 weeks

Connie (ridden 6 days a week for ATLEAST 30 mins of hard flatwork or jumping or ATLEAST an hour for hacking) - hunter clip
ISHXCOB (ridden twice a week for ATLEAST 20 mins of light - hard work, depends) getting a bib due to her age and that she struggles to produce sweat and stay warm.

Cowpony

Visit site
Did mine at the weekend as she was getting horribly sweaty. Did the usual hunter clip (she didn't look very hairy but I got 2/3 of a skip bucket of hair) and she seemed so pleased to have got rid of it all! Galloped round the field fly-bucking when I turned her out :)

MouseInLux

Visit site
I clipped my daughter's pony today. I thought I would get away without clipping him as she's so young but he was just drenched after every ride. We left head and legs on. He's a Heinz 57 with some cob in there or something heavier, BIG feet for a pony and Welsh looking feathers.
Now, my horse apparently doesn't think winter is ever coming and doesn't even have a whisper of a winter coat coming in.

Jo1987

Visit site
Gave mine a little trace clip last week as he was getting so hot he didn't want to do anything! He's much more comfortable now and still out naked 24/7, although I'm feeling a little mean now as it's gone quite chilly tonight!

Bav

Visit site
Yep. This has been declared the week for it. I clipped the two at work, one cob who is kept all year round and the other an eventer, first clip of the year. I’m doing my own the end of this week and everybody else on the livery yard has started clipping out those in work.

Boysy

Visit site
Umm, have actually just done my second clip on all mine, did them beginning of Sept and again end of last week, the 2 in daily work were ridiculously hairy early on and re-grew it immediately so off it all came again and then the little one was sweating just stood around so his all came off as well :)

ossy

Visit site
Haha clipped yet.... i just did mines second clip this weekend, first clip was back at the start of September.

DressageCob

Visit site
Both of mine are clipped as of last weekend. Both had fluffy coats. One is chubby so I thought being a little chillier may help. The other is in fairly hard work. Both now have a no fill turnout on and will do for a while.

q105

Visit site
On my yard, all the hunters have been clipped now and are out in two rugs, stables at night!!

Our scruffy ex racers are still out naked and dirty! ��

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Mine grew his winter coat practically overnight last week! He's had a belly and bib clip, I'm tempted to take off the lot and see if I'm allowed to do a leg! He has so many nice rugs that I rarely get to break out!