Has your horse moulted yet

canteron

Visit site
Mine started to moult about a month ago, and then abruptly stopped! My other horse didn’t even start.

Has yours shed its coat yet??? All the other horses around are clipped out, so nothing to compare mine with!

Last edited:

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Little A has been shedding steadily for a month now, she usually finishes in early June and then starts thickening up by end July...

B has been shedding for the last 2 to 3 weeks, much more heavily in the last week tho, pouring out!

Greylegs

Visit site
My two were late starting but are catching up now!! One of them is an unclipped highland with a coat like a yeti!!!! I'm constantly covered in hair of two different colours .... someone remind me again why I didn't clip them both out when I had the chance :D

Landcruiser

Visit site
My youngster didn't seem to grow much, she didn't get shaggy like the others. Then about 2 weeks ago seemed to grow long fuzzy guard hairs all over, including thickly on her chin like Billy Goat Gruff. She's shedding polite amounts of little spikey short hairs when I groom her - she's truly a weirdo.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Outer layer of hair is out , middle and undercoat still to go.
Already had to clean the washer filter after washing my clothes.

Ratface

Visit site
Old Horse, a purebred Crabbet Arabian, has been moulting for about four weeks. I think he might be almost done, as he's looking smooth and very shiny now. Just a couple of tufts under his elbows left.

Wishfilly

Visit site
Started about a month ago, maybe a bit more, seemed to stop, then started again, but it's not coming out in huge chunks. You can still definitely see the lines from his winter clip.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Dex still has an awful lot of coat to shed!! Stared about 4 weeks ago, 2 weeks of dropping the longer/whiter hairs, and then 2 weeks of really getting it gone. Can't wait to see him in his nice, sleek summer get up again - have forgotten what it's like not to have a yak! He'll be clipped next year as he'll be in work

Bellalily

Visit site
My Connemara is about on track with a normal moult. Sadly the other one has PPID so he’s hunter clipped and even his legs and face aren’t really dropping hair. 🙁

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
My old lady who lives out unrugged and has been enduring the relentless wet is moulting like crazy. I really don't want to groom her as I feel she needs the protection from the rain but we are pulling lumps off her everyday. The other two aren't really bothering yet.

Hackback

Visit site
My Connemara is about on track with a normal moult. Sadly the other one has PPID so he’s hunter clipped and even his legs and face aren’t really dropping hair. 🙁
Same, my 4 year old is shedding but my older, clipped, Cushings Arab doesn't seem to be making any progress. His coat just looks dull and he's grown loads of cat hairs. I do hope he gets a proper summer coat at some point.

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Yep, have been lightly moulting for the last three weeks, this weekend chucked out naked and the mud managed to get a load of fur off

PurBee

Visit site
Yes, theyre at it with some vigour now! Started about a month ago when it got warm, but it turned cold and windy, so it slowed down, but now they’re shedding all the fluff with abandon! Hoping it remains warm 😬

Indieanna6

Visit site
Mine was lightly for a few weeks but this past week has really started letting go of it, I can still bury my hands in her coat though 🙈 I really don’t know why she insists on growing it so much over winter 😂