Hats for hot heads!

Shoei

Visit site
Hi Guys,

I'm in need of a new hat!!

Charles Owen fit me well and I have had their hats for the last 15 years. My current skull has served me well but it is sooo hot being a J3 with minimal vent and no removable liner.

As I only do dressage now, I dont need a skull. I am tempted by the beauty of the new shiny ayr but I wondered how cool they were.

The other option is a kask? What are peoples view?

Has anyone owned a kask and an ayr? I wondered how they compared for hot heads like me.

Many thanks
Shoei

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Following this with interest. I need a new hat and have no idea what's new in the market.
I was wondering how to buy one though without trying them on.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I have the ayrbrush and it's pretty good in hot weather. Definitely cooler than my other hats.
I'm sure you will but get it fitted... this is one model that comes in round and oval shapes. Lots of CO dont fit me but this in oval is super.

Jango

Visit site
For every day I have the lightweight exxential uvex one, honestly it is just lovely!! I've converted a few friends too. For competing I just wear a normal one and get a sweaty head again ?

Shoei

Visit site
For every day I have the lightweight exxential uvex one, honestly it is just lovely!! I've converted a few friends too. For competing I just wear a normal one and get a sweaty head again ?
I was looking at these as they are very cheap in the sale currently. Do you know what safety standards they are?

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
I've got a Uvex Exxential helmet too and it is good in that it's lightweight, cool and fairly comfortable. I wore mine riding in the sunshine across the Namibian desert and felt good. Having said that, there is something about the shape which just doesn't suit me and I am thinking of getting a different type, just because I am being shallow! They do have quite a distinctive shape though which is worth considering if you're bothered by such things.

Mule

Visit site
Uvex exxential gets my vote too. I love mine. It's also dial adjustable which makes the fit easier