sweets123545

Visit site
Hi everyone I am in need of a new helmet as I’ve had mine a very long time and it’s starting to feel uncomfortable.

I posted a thread in here recently asking for recommendations for KEP stockists locally to me and a few people had given me advice to stay clear and mentioned some bad reviews of the hats falling apart after impact/accidents and not being very safe. I have heard nothing but good reviews about KEP and I know people who ride in them personally.

My question is what helmets do you recommended for showjumping/schooling? I don’t have £1000 to spend but a fair budget for a SAFE hat as that is obviously my main concern. I have done some research into a few brands but Antarés and KEP where my main two but have been put off KEP slightly after hearing these bad reviews.

*I will be buying a helmet and getting it professionally fitted, I’m hoping to go to a large stockists with all different brands in stock so I can see what works best for my head shape etc*

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
Worth doing a search on here about KEPs.... there is a very eye-opening thread which backs up what you've been told.

I also want MIPS as Red mentions for daughters ' next hats - looks really worthwhile.

maya2008

Visit site
Charles Owen as a brand (if they fit your head shape) are really good. My daughter decided to race her brother last weekend - they both set off at a flat out gallop and it was she who lost her balance and fell. Her helmet took the whole impact, she didn’t even have a headache, despite landing head first. Helmet is obviously now in the bin, but it did an amazing job!

Redders

Visit site
Not a fancy megabuck hat, but the comfiest hat I’ve ever worn and has the safety standard for BE stuff (Snell I think? And the kite mark thing. ) is the Charles Owen 4 Star.