Have you ever seen/felt the ghost or spirit of a horse?

cob&onion

Visit site
Not a horse but i did lose a very dear little cat about 3 years ago, he was knocked down on the road and despite vets help he had to be PTS, we were very upset - he had such a charachter and used to do little things such as lay on the carpet whilst i had a bath and jump up and purr :) and other bits and bobs. Our cat had kittens last year and we kept one, a boy. Although he is not like Dobs to look at he is exactly the same with his traits, even does the bath thing- we are convinced he is Dob's reincarnation, can't explain it, we just KNOW he is :)

Another quick one:
My mum lost a beautiful mare a few years back and had to have her PTS obviously mum was devastated at the time and was finding it hard to get over her death. She had a lovely dream she was walking down a quiet old lane and the mare just ran straight past her full of health. Mum woke up crying and was convinced it was her way of telling her everything was okay :)

Last edited:

starryeyed

Visit site
A friend I've known for years told me that after her lovely horse was suddenly put down, she bought a new one and every so often he would come to the gate to be caught and then suddenly turn and run a few yards away, then repeat this, even when he was the last horse in the field. Between times he was perfect to catch, and even during these episodes she could catch him easily if she went out into the field. A while later a horse communicator was visiting the yard and having finished her booked sessions agreed to have a quick word with the horse. She was told that the big chestnut horse wouldn't allow the new one near the gate sometimes and that was why he kept turning away. Her horse that was PTS was a 16.3 chestnut who liked to be first out and would chase others away from the gate.

Got serious shivers at that one! These are lovely stories, brought a tear to my eye.

Equinecurious

New User
Visit site
I am interested to know if anyone has had the experience of seeing,hearing or feeling the spirit of a horse or pony.

I look foward to your replies.
I have seen horses ghosts once when I was younger . A very vivid memory in the daytime with my gram . We were one an island in middle of ocean that we celebrate on once a year at the time . I said gram how'd they get here , can I ride them ? She looked and then grabbed my hand and said come on firmly . I think she didn't see them . They were very interesting looking and looked like pack horses with a light load .

Equinecurious

New User
Visit site
I have seen horses ghosts once when I was younger . A very vivid memory in the daytime with my gram . We were one an island in middle of ocean that we celebrate on once a year at the time . I said gram how'd they get here , can I ride them ? She looked and then grabbed my hand and said come on firmly . I think she didn't see them . They were very interesting looking and looked like pack horses with a light load .

To add one was looking at me , extremely relaxed and so were the others . They were beautiful and a bit dirty .

chocolategirl

Visit site
I am interested to know if anyone has had the experience of seeing,hearing or feeling the spirit of a horse or pony.

I look foward to your replies.

I haven’t personally, but our farm in a former life was a shire horse stud, where stallions covered mares from all over the county. Our barns have all been converted now into properties, and we have had a couple of our residents ask us if one of the horses had got out in the night (we run a livery now) because they could clearly hear horses hooves outside at odd hours ??

pansymouse

Visit site
I saw one in the field last week - wasn't one of mine, just a random fairly large horse. I do see spirit animals quite often and people less often, I always have and it's not something that I think much about.

Highflinger

Visit site
A few months after my beloved first pony died I was out hacking on my other boy & I suddenly felt my old pony was "there" above my right shoulder & felt his breath on my neck - could have been my imagination but then the one I was riding gently whinnied several times and looked round over my shoulder.
Another time out hacking I just felt my old boy was there & a seconds later my other boy gently whinnied.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I think sometimes just after they are PTS I feel them there later in day .
In my head I call those who have gone before them and tell the one who has just gone to go with them .

I have one strange experience when a dead horse sent me a message through an animal communicator.

Sukistokes2

Visit site
I saw my mare the day after she was put to sleep. She was stood under the trees, dozing in one of her usual spots. I‘m not one for seeing things usually, mainly I tend to hear things. Like my cat following me home across a field shortly after his death, also my Parent’s dog padding about the hallway after he passed.

Equi

Visit site
Not me personally by my granny was very much a ghost believer. She worked in the big stately home and had a cottage on the land and she said one time she was walking to work at silly o’clock and an out of control horse with wagon came running at her but swerved into the hedge and disappeared with no damage to the hedge and no horse/wagon in the field beyond.

she also told me about the man who used to help her clean in the house but he wasn’t alive he would just make things that needed cleaned move like the chandeliers or something on a shelf etc lol

Frano

Visit site
I have often seen a dark bay horse in my field standing under the trees. I only use this field in the summer. I always spot him as I am driving up to the field. Used to tell myself I was imagining things. I have heard and felt my two terriers visit me . Once was at a friends house where I was staying . My dog had died there. A few years later I was in bed I heard my dog run up the stairs ,jump on my bed and settle to sleep. It was a weird feeling, I had trouble believing it was happening. But it did happen.

Spiritedly

Visit site
When I was younger my loan horse went back to his owners for retirement and months later whilst I was making up feed for my other horse I heard a hoof scraping in the stable floor....a habit loan horse had...so shouted 'pack it in!' and heard the wuffle noise he always made at feed time. I then went out of the feed room and felt an idiot as no horses were in.
That evening loan horses owner called me and told me he had been PTS that afternoon and it was around the same time that I heard him.
I always thought it was him saying goodbye and that he was happy now as he had some physical and mental issues.

Huntress65

New User
Visit site
I was doing some research earlier today and after hours and hours this was the only site/forum/information I could find specific to what I was looking for.
Decades & Decades ago I use to raise, breed, break and train American paints.
However, that was a "long" (haha) time ago.
In the past 4 years, I am seeing (quite frequently) a ghost horse in a dead sprint running towards me. Best described, it's almost like a wild mustang. In this sprint, it looks like the mane and tail are quite long and have never seen a curry comb.
I looked at all the wonderful pictures and it's hard to describe really.
The ghost horse appears out of nowhere. Usually within 30 to 35 yards away from me. When it appears it is all ready in in a full gallop head straight for me. As it draws closer I swear it looks solid black. But there is nothing solid about it. It continues to gallop with an occasional head twist before adjusting it's stride and moves over to go past me. About 15 yards before vanishing into thin air. It's extremely random when, where and time of day or night when it shows it's self to me. I usually have people around me and they have never seen it. This just started happening in the past 4 years. It's not scary. In fact I SO wish I could get a picture because it's almost a majestic/beautiful.
Has anyone ever experienced anything like what I am? I'm so curious as to the why's. (Sorry this post is so long)