Have you got enough energy for another (tricky!) horse for sale hunt... Broken to drive....

rara007

Visit site
Yes a lippi would definitely be on the books as they’re the second most popular breed internationally I’d think, behind the massive variation that falls under ‘warmblood’. Spanish I’ve seen mixed success with (treading lightly as I know they have many fans here!) some don’t seems to have the ‘guts’ to really go all out, whilst moving forwards, over a longer distance. But would certainly consider one.

be positive

Visit site
https://www.andalusianhorsedirect.com/horses/camborio/
Anyone more used to looking at spanishes have much to say about this guy? The video doesn’t do it many favours for the British/sports market..!

He looks kind, putting up with a lot, would need to go back to basics as he has no rhythm established and that may impact on how he drives as a single, he is very similar in type to the mares my friend has, the one I have been working with has the same get on with it attitude and is also remarkably tolerant of her riders lack of balance at times, theirs have the same type of hind leg which having seen the xrays of one would probably put me off buying and would definitely recommend xrays if you do get as far as vetting.

rara007

Visit site
As long as they do actually go forwards! 2 of the 3 phases of driving rely on them covering the ground at a set speed so they do need to actually get there not just show off.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
As long as they do actually go forwards! 2 of the 3 phases of driving rely on them covering the ground at a set speed so they do need to actually get there not just show off.

To be honest, at least in my personal experience, Iberians aren't the greatest at having a ground covering stride. I'm sure you could find "the right one" but may need to do a bit more sorting than with other breeds.

Leo Walker

Visit site

Leo Walker

Visit site
I might know of one. Smart little horse quite a high percentage of Spanish, but probably has a bit more extension that most Spanish types. Hes 5 or 6 and about 15.1hh. Kerry Copas started him last autumn and he's done no driving since so well started and not ruined. I really liked him. Let me do some digging and see if he's still available