Have you got enough energy for another (tricky!) horse for sale hunt... Broken to drive....

rara007

Visit site
The big but tricky thing- broken to drive, doesn’t need to be ‘schooled’ at it and totally green would be better than worked at Blackpool but must be happy in shafts. Happy to break in to ride myself but don’t want anything that drives as it’s bonkers ridden as that’s a bit of a red flag as to why.
4-10yo, possibly a little older if low mileage
14.2 full up up to 16hh possibly a little over if fine.
Male- ideally gelding but would consider extremely well mannered stallion but may well geld it anyway.
As smart a horse a possible! Must have the ability to collect to a degree and a decent natural extension even if that’s not schooled into its work yet. It’s about advanced medium I’m expecting it to school to but with an over emphasis on the trots so doesn’t need to be a world beater but anything stuffy won’t cut it. Must have a bit of its own brain to balance XC. Literally any breed considered but anything very heavy unlikely to be suitable and pure Friesians rarely have the stamina or responsiveness I want. As much as something dressage bred that’s come out small and a bit plain would be perfect my current horse is an overgrown jumping pony and I wouldn’t be snobby over a cob or a trotter if it had the potential. No pacers. Do have a soft spot for high % PBAs too but not many driving.
This side of Europe....!
Not unlimited budget but reasonable for the right horse.
Expect I’ll have to look at unbrokens to find the quality I want but it’s such a gamble I thought it’d try to recruit more to the search!

rara007

Visit site
The pony is who I got my welsh C from :D Too small :( Itll be a cracking pony for someone though... Pair too old :( And only space for 1.
I think Jerry is sold as well as not great Confo pictures but I’ll check!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I'm so frustrated as in my searches for YCBM I saw a 16hh sec d/PBA that fitted your criteria (well if 'worn a harness' was good enough). I've looked back through my search history and he must be sold as the ad is gone. :(

Everything seems to be female or too short. This is a stab in the dark as he's just been ridden for the last 6 years and they don't state why they stopped driving him.
https://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/.../search?keyword=driving&sectionId=3365&page=5

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site

rara007

Visit site
Welsh ride and drive stallions. ETA - just noticed that the buckskin isn't forward going enough for the seller, so probably not right for you R.

I have a smaller not quite forwards going enough one of those. Who looks more like the unbroken pally also posted. Fantastic pony but would prefer to play leadrein than marathons! Not what I got a young welsh stallion for :p

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Typical... a stallion really should have more ambition than just posing about on the end of a string! Seriously lads - buck your ideas up (but don't actually buck)! ;) :D

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Ireland, Holland, Belgium, France, Germany all definite options :) possibly even a bit further.

Hungary? Lots of nice driving horses in Hungary (let's face it, pretty much everything is broken to drive there), and a road trip to a modern fascist regime might be fun :p.