Have you had your horse at your wedding? Can we see you pictures?

Blythwind

Visit site
I love this thread! There are some fantastic photos!

I am getting married next April and I have already asked a friend on the yard to get my two ready and bring them over on the day. I will pay her for doing it.

They will come for 20-30 mins to have some photos somewhere quiet away from guests. I'm not going to get on either of them on the day and will just stand with them for relaxed style photos. I am also going to have a trash the dress shoot afterwards where I will get on them.

I can't wait!!

eframe

New User
Visit site
I was very lucky to have my girl as my guest at our wedding, she can be a little fresh and badly behaved at times...however she was hoof perfect all day and just made the day even more special!

29757331de59afde53b6cfbaae5426bef792f32a9fb6e30203e192d53680799b659c8958.jpg

3960915040b0f9068350e524f2c428cc837db3a74305d6cdae46215b9bbfb72e946af59c.jpg

I was very lucky to have fantastic friends that made this possible for me.

Lisa2manyponies

Visit site
lovely photos everyone !
My sister wants 'ride' to her wedding next June

for those of you that rode how big were the skirts on your dressages and any tips on what dress styles are best for allowing you to get on/ sit on ??

amandap

Visit site
I had my ox at mine! He was only a baby at the time though. I had planned riding my adult one, but after hand knitting my dress I was reluctant to ruin it, so settled for taking my littly. So glad I did because Ted's proved himself so much better than all the rest - my bovine soulmate :D :cool:

Really special and magical. x

rolocandy73

Visit site
Not my wedding & sadly no pics but I took two of the riding school ponies -both welsh sec A greys, one mare, one gelding - plus the owner's old eventer Roo (also grey) to her wedding as a surprise. We plaited pink ribbons in Heidi's mane, blue ribbons in Porky's and had them either side of the church door as she left the church. I had Roo in front of the door so that he was the first thing she saw as she left. The only down side was that he freaked as this enormous white dress advanced towards him & dragged me across the graveyard! He only stopped when the bride spoke to him & he realised who it was, bless him.

I think I'm at SmartieBean09's wedding (well - the evening bit anyway :eek:)) so will see you there and can't wait to see the pics!

Rolocandy73

case895

Visit site
Any men ridden to the event? What did you do trousers/breeches wise? I am thinking of something like the 'overalls' and short boots that Household Cavalry officers wear.

amandap

Visit site
Oh I love that cake decoration Polos Mum. I think it's the fact that things are made specially that I love... makes it so personal.

Polos Mum

Visit site
Oh I love that cake decoration Polos Mum. I think it's the fact that things are made specially that I love... makes it so personal.

I really loved it too, the lady that made it did a wonderful job, all I gave her was a few photos and she got the markings on the dogs and horses spot on.

Makes me realise how special my OH is for agreeing that these pets are as special to him as they are to me (especially after seeing such a sad comment on another thread currently about an OH making a lady sell her horse so she could look after their baby and clear up after him !!!)

abaddon_1974

Visit site
I rode through Lincoln to my wedding, not got any digital photos though but being male the dress was not a problem, I just rode in white breeches and a dressage top hat and tails.

Craig

ncarter

Visit site
This is a lovely thread, I think I must be at an emotional time in the month as it has brought tears to my eyes!!! All the photos are stunning x

grandmaweloveyou

Visit site
I just saw this thread and interestingly it was started on our 2nd annversary.....since our wedding where we rode my horse together to our wedding reception where he was absolutely the star of the show.

What did we do for our anniversary? Took him to a show!

OH has requested we do something without him next anniversary. NO!