Haworth Arabian Stud - neglect case

BlackRider

Visit site
Sorry if this has already been discussed (did a quick search but can't find a thread)

Just seen a post from HAPPA about a neglect case near Blackpool:

https://www.happa.org.uk/proud-to-be-part-of-the-rescue/
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-48924083

I looked as I had arabs for many years, and was horrified it was Haworth Arabian Stud - who bred my beloved Apache. His sire Al Maurab which British National Ridden Champion several times and many of her horses where very successful.

I know there was an issue a few years ago around tax evasion and the horses where taken away and a court case followed.

I'm really shocked that this has happened and can't believe people can neglect animals so badly :(

Archangel

Visit site
It is shocking isn't it. Even more so that it was an open secret in some circles for years that the owner wasn't coping/hoarding/whatever and nothing was done. I remember Al Maurab very well, you can't imagine things would go so downhill.

tristar

Visit site
things like this bring home to me that so much breeding is for vanity and money, and no sense of safeguarding the the future of animals brought into the world in the long term, and how easy it is for it all to go wrong or be overwhelmed by looking after so many horses, when horses need so much attention all the time

BlackRider

Visit site
Its awful, I can't stop thinking about how this could have happened :(

Thanks for the Redwings link, its good to see how well they are doing too. Hopefully all the horses all now have better lives.

JoannaC

Visit site
I believe concerns had been raised by a number of people previously but nothing was done and she had a group of supporters who denied there was any problems. So wrong and seems to happen again and again. Hopefully the remaining horses will find happy homes now.