Head shapes and helmets, is this a stupid question?

Gazen

Visit site
My daughter and I have totally different shaped heads. Both hats are the same size however her hat is very tight at the sides and you can drive a bus front and back. If she uses my hat then it rubs her forehead. She has a Champion and I have a Gatehouse.

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
If you don’t compete, a Troxel Sierra is really good for air flow. It’s American and for trail riding so no good for competition but I love mine for the summer. You should be able to get one by mail order (viovet do them in the UK). The Troxel website gives a size guide.

Thanks for the info; it looks like it might be what I'm looking for, €100 from eBay, but I've not been able to find out, yet, if the peak shown in the photos is removable. It looks like it should be, but the descriptions are typical eBay crypto-descriptions.

awelshandawarmblood

Visit site
My Champion Ventair Deluxe skull fits me lovely but the same size Harry Hall is totally the wrong shape. Charles & Owen fit me well too. Definitely get one fitted professionally & go with what feels most comfortable.

Annagain

Visit site
I'm another who can only wear Champion. I tried a Gatehouse in the same size - it was really tight front and back and I could stick a hand inside it on either side!