Hello Dolly....

Silver Clouds

Visit site
A lovely update; such a lovely pony and she seems to have a great partnership with your daughter. I love the last video when Dolly jumps and your daughter is already looking for the next fence whilst in mid air, and moves so seamlessly with the pony it's like she's doing it without thinking (iyswim). Nice gentle hands for a teenager too (I've seen too many hard hands in PC over the last couple of years).

Ambers Echo

Visit site
what a great update. Katie has a lovely position I hate seeing riders throw themselves forwards over jumps, she always looks in a lovely balance.

I'll tell her that! There is a horrible fashion among her friends for hugely overfolding. She even gets social media comments from other teens saying FOLD!
Though the 'shoving feet forward and leaning back to stop' fashion was even worse. The one and only time I sae her copy that 'style' I told her I'd take Dolly off her if she rode like that again!!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
2nd anniversary yesterday of this awesome pony coming into our lives. Katie did a short insta clip to mark the occasion.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

She is so cool!

129278006_3584559278290794_3224717836042010948_n.jpg

129247480_3584556021624453_334365733515117715_o.jpg
129248824_3584555888291133_6432671062157449446_n.jpg

Bubblewrap

Visit site
Just watch the Insta videos, lovely to watch and beautifully ridden! Just popping those big XC fences, in and out the water, up and down the banks etc. they make it look absolutely effortless, always a sign of a great rider and horse combo.
Also so nice to see a post where pony/rider works out well, as these kind of forums often overload on problems, understandably as people come here in search of help. x

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Lovely pony and with luck Katie won't outgrow her too soon, looks quite small on her.

Well the photos are from over the last 2 years. Dolly is 14.1 and Katie is 5.7 and growing. And mostly legs! But less than 8 stone. I really want her to stop growing. Dolly will be sooooo hard to say goodbye to. She's been the most amazing pony and is still only 6 so has huge potential.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Katie's end of year round up of a fab year with the gorgeous Dolly.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Lovely video, they look so good together. But I especially love the quick clip of Dolly yawning.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
ETA it was a shite year in general of course. Amber retired, my business in big trouble, family members ill, friends bereaved. But Dolly was ray of sunshine all year. A highlight in a year to forget.

Didn't like the shite parts, but glad that Dolly has been a ray of sunshine through the year.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
I just love the video. A joyous celebtration of building a partnership over time. Katie and Dolly are made for each other! She really is a pony of a life-time.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Great, if slightly stressful day at BE under 18s training. Our day started with discovering that Toby the half horse/half puppy had chewed Dolly's martingale we had stupidly hung on a hook within reach of his stable. He basically destroyed it. So first stop at Somerford was the shop and a new one. Which meant we had the nightmare of the fecking stopper! How these things are still in use is beyond me. Surely there is a better option?? But today's conversation went like:
'Do any martingales come with stopper already attached'?
'No'
'Do you sell flexible easy-to-put-on stoppers'
'No'
Right...... So I then decided, in my infinite wisdom, that using a knife would help. Somehow. In fact all I achieved was slicing my finger open. By which time we were so late that we abandoned the martingale and I tacked up Dolly while Katie sorted out boots, plaits, body protector etc. Except I kept bleeding all over Dolly. Having spent 2 hours yesterday getting her clean, that was really quite annoying!
Still we made it on time and Dolly was superstar. If a feisty one. The Top Spec performance balancer was not a great idea. We knew that from having tried her on it last week. But thought- oh well just use it this once. Er no. Dont. o_O

But after all the hassle, once she was allowed loose on the XC she absolutely flew. God I love this pony ❤❤

Screenshot_20210403-165508_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20210403-165420_Video Player.jpg