Help for Hovis' diary - i need some quotes

Hovis_and_SidsMum

Visit site
Hi all
Can I be really cheeky? We're just doing some more publicity for the launch of Hovis' Diary in aid of Bransby Home of Rest for Horses, and whilst I have some quotes from some of you lovely folk (who are part of Hovis' fan club) I could do with some more.

If you would be happy to, would any of you be prepared to give me a quote about the diaries? I'll need your full name so i can credit you with the quote (otherwise people may think i've made them up myself!!) so if you'd rather PM me that would be fine.
I would be very very grateful.
Thank you!

Faro

Visit site
This is absolutely true:

"Every Friday evening when I get home after work and horses, my partner Ross asks me to read out Hovis' latest installment to him, making sure I put all the right inflections into Hovis's words. Ross knows that he's guaranteed 10 minutes or so of pure laughter at Hovis' most recent antics, and say's it's a lovely way for him to wind down after a hard week's work!"

Will PM my real name, just in case.

SamandMonty

www.youtube.com
"I look forward to fridays... Not just because its the weekend... but because it's Hovis time!!"

Will pm you my real name, though some of it you could guess. xx

MyBoyChe

Visit site
"As a regular reader of Hovis' exploits from the very beginning, I have been hoping he would manage to get himself a publishing deal and this is great news, we get to catch up with the action and a great cause will raise lots of money. Three cheers for Hovis, now lets hear no more of the infamous 'Casa del pero'" (or whatever the saying was).

Will pm name in case you want to quote. Once again, a huge well done to you two, a very generous gesture, Im sure the money raised would have bought an awful lot of likits!!!

Andalusianlover

Visit site
I work full time but on Fridays we get to finish at 1 pm. I check the HH forum every ten minutes or so from about 1030am onwards hoping to read Hovis's diary before I leave. If I go home disappointed because Hovis slept in and didnt get on the laptop in time, then first thing monday morning before I do any work, I search for it. Once read, I'm happy and can start work!

I think Hovis's diary is very funny and I actually believe it all to have happened, just like I believe everything on Emmerdale to be happening for real too.

Cant wait for the publication!!! I shall be ordering several copies, one for myself and a few more to give to my "horsey friends with a sense of humour" who I know will enjoy the read.

All for a great cause too!
Keep up the good work Hovis

xx Karen Benbow

Hovis_and_SidsMum

Visit site
I think Hovis's diary is very funny and I actually believe it all to have happened, just like I believe everything on Emmerdale to be happening for real too.

I absolutely swear on Hovis' life everything I write is true! When you have a big hairy clown you don't have to make anything up - he provides me with endless material every day ;)

catdragon

Visit site
As I'm owned by a fellow hairy equine I can relate to most of Hovis's exploits, his flying feathers, his love of food and his quite often boredom at having to ride circles are all things my own girl would write herself, if she were so inclined. I love Fridays, as Hovis's diary brightens my working day and some of his one liners have me in stitches. I for one cannot watch Totilas without thinking "Boglands Dorito"!!

I think anyone, even none horse enthusiasts would enjoy reading The Hovis Diaries, as it's full of fun and humour and I think selling his works in aid of equines less fortunate than himself is magnaminous.

Will PM you my real name :) Sorry, got a little carried away there didn't I !! :D

Andalusianlover

Visit site
I absolutely swear on Hovis' life everything I write is true! When you have a big hairy clown you don't have to make anything up - he provides me with endless material every day ;)

I think that last bit of my quote came out wrong lol.

What I meant to say is that when I'm reading Hovis's diary, its almost like its actually Hovis tapping the laptop keys himself (very obviously impossible) and not yourself relaying Hovis's antics on his behalf!

You are bloody brilliant!

debsflo

Visit site
as the owner of one of the posh mares at the showjumping clinic given by the army instructor, she thought hovis was rather scrummy and her mummy laughed hysterically at his antics.......... deb and beth goundry and highland flyer..

Hovis_and_SidsMum

Visit site
Thank you all
I've picked up the ones of my PMs too so please don't be upset if i don't reply individually. I'm very grateful :)
Andalusianlover - yep we're a long way from Wiltshire!!
debsflo - now you've got me intrigued. Which clinic was it? Was hubby riding or me? Which one was your beautiful steed?