Help Needed - Hacked Hair :(

Fides

Visit site
I hope not! Hadn't even thought about that! No, the more I think about this, the more I suspect there has to have been a mix up.

How though? There are pics of the horse... And mother is now posting. It's all very weird and pathetic regardless.

Arizahn

Visit site
How though? There are pics of the horse... And mother is now posting. It's all very weird and pathetic regardless.

No, I think maybe DG wasn't referring to the OP when they mentioned their daughter. I think/hope that they were just referring to their own earlier post, the one where they said they would have sold the pony etc. (In which case, sorry for thread de-rail OP!)

You know, I only came on here to say that the latest picture looked less awful than described re the tail. Then it all got a bit confusing!

ETA - I think I guessed right, and I want a prize if so!

Last edited:

FlyingCircus

Visit site
Can vouch for OP and say her story is true & the horse is really hers and pics aren't from Google (whoever suggested that haha).
Pretty sure Daughter's Groom is not her mum, although I don't know either personally I know OP from another site :)

Arizahn

Visit site
Can vouch for OP and say her story is true & the horse is really hers and pics aren't from Google (whoever suggested that haha).
Pretty sure Daughter's Groom is not her mum, although I don't know either personally I know OP from another site :)

Ah that's good to know :)

Back to topic, Sasquatch the forelock will grow back. We can race growing out if you want; Arthur has even less than that, poor chap :( The tail looks decent enough, especially coming into mud season. And wow. epic mane in that last photo!

daughter's groom

Visit site
Thank you Arizahn. Some commonsense which is something so often lacking on this forum. Admittedly my tongue in cheek post may have been a bit annoying but really to suggest that me and OP have done this to mislead people is ridiculous. I still stand by my statement that the haircut was a piddling matter when you think of what so many people have to suffer in this life. I can see how some of the threads on here get so convoluted.

Sugar_and_Spice

Visit site
Well Sugar and Spice you have assumed a lot. MY daughter and I posted this in conjunction just to see what replies we'd get and they were exactly what we expected. How we've laughed. We agree with the people who think a cut mane is a piddling matter in a world where some people can't get enough to eat or a clean drink of water.

I'm not surprised that you and your daughter posted that as a troll post on this thread. I haven't noticed you being nasty before when posting and what you posted was far too fanciful to have been serious. I mean, hedge trimmers! Really! But I decided to use your post to make a point, rather than call you out for the troll I suspected you to be.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Well Sugar and Spice you have assumed a lot. MY daughter and I posted this in conjunction just to see what replies we'd get and they were exactly what we expected. How we've laughed. We agree with the people who think a cut mane is a piddling matter in a world where some people can't get enough to eat or a clean drink of water.

Thank you Arizahn. Some commonsense which is something so often lacking on this forum. Admittedly my tongue in cheek post may have been a bit annoying but really to suggest that me and OP have done this to mislead people is ridiculous. I still stand by my statement that the haircut was a piddling matter when you think of what so many people have to suffer in this life. I can see how some of the threads on here get so convoluted.

But that is exactly what you DID suggest. I think you are the one who was responsible for the convoluting of this thread.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
I'm not surprised that you and your daughter posted that as a troll post on this thread. I haven't noticed you being nasty before when posting and what you posted was far too fanciful to have been serious. I mean, hedge trimmers! Really! But I decided to use your post to make a point, rather than call you out for the troll I suspected you to be.
So in this post you claim you and your daughter posted this, then suggest that others need to think more deeply about world issues! Suggest you appologise to the OP

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I still stand by my statement that the haircut was a piddling matter when you think of what so many people have to suffer in this life. I can see how some of the threads on here get so convoluted.
A haircut may be a piddling matter. Difficulties and trust issues between a mother and daughter are not. Still laughing, eh?

Sugar_and_Spice

Visit site
I feel sorry for the OP because people now think she's something to do with the troll "daughters groom". As if she needed that on top of the rest. :sad3:

Last edited:

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I suspect that when daughtersgroom said 'posted this' she meant her post then, not the thread as a whole? In which case, great, what a fab addition to a thread.....

Arizahn

Visit site
Having seen that epic mane picture, I'd also like to cudgel myself for ever having dared to suggest hogging him.

<throws self into muck heap>

SadKen

Visit site
A haircut may be a piddling matter. Difficulties and trust issues between a mother and daughter are not. Still laughing, eh?

this.

DG the thread had useful advice for the OP with regard to the haircut and some support during a disagreement with her mother. Don't you think young people benefit from support, advice and guidance? There is a thread about the difficulties in Gaza in the clubhouse if you want something less 'piddling' to post about instead of belittling other people's concerns. Fwiw I am not talking about your original post, but the subsequent ones which contributed nothing and confusingly gave the impression that the OP was your daughter.

I feel slightly put out so that's enough internet for today!

Moomin1

Visit site

I'm not sure that I would call not being able to trust your mother not to get a bit scissor happy with your horse's mane, 'a difficulty and trust issue' that is worth even worrying about. There are plenty worse issues going on in families.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
I'm not sure that I would call not being able to trust your mother not to get a bit scissor happy with your horse's mane, 'a difficulty and trust issue' that is worth even worrying about. There are plenty worse issues going on in families.
But issues like the OP, may be something which she feels she can post on an open forum, which is simply indicative of other problems. It certainly suggests a problematic relationship to me.

Arizahn

Visit site
OP, have you any thoughts on what caused him to be headshy in the first place? I'm wondering if this is something we can all help with :) For an example, my old mare was headshy after having had a poorly fitting bridle prior to my owning her. I found that scratching her chin helped to gain her trust, and eventually I was able to move further up her head. She did improve with time and patience, but it was very frustrating.

<tries to bury the thread de-rail and fails>

FlyingCircus

Visit site
I feel sorry for the OP because people now think she's something to do with the troll "daughters groom". As if she needed that on top of the rest. :sad3:

She's made of stern stuff is OP :) I imagine the need for a massive vent probably shows an over exaggerated version of her feelings about the situation. I know this would be the case with myself too (well, if my pony didn't already come to me with a scissored mane..cry!) if someone cut my pony's forelock and tail i'd be LIVID and want to rant to everyone about it - but really both myself (and I believe OP) will know that it's just hair and it will grow back.

This forum is fab if you need a vent and people are usually very understanding..but then you get odd situations like this where someone goes out of their way to troll...and when you take a step back you can usually have a good old giggle at them too.

Arizahn

Visit site
She's made of stern stuff is OP :) I imagine the need for a massive vent probably shows an over exaggerated version of her feelings about the situation. I know this would be the case with myself too (well, if my pony didn't already come to me with a scissored mane..cry!) if someone cut my pony's forelock and tail i'd be LIVID and want to rant to everyone about it - but really both myself (and I believe OP) will know that it's just hair and it will grow back.

This forum is fab if you need a vent and people are usually very understanding..but then you get odd situations like this where someone goes out of their way to troll...and when you take a step back you can usually have a good old giggle at them too.

Oh yes, I still recall with painful clarity the first time I vented on here...

<shudders>

FlyingCircus

Visit site
Oh yes, I still recall with painful clarity the first time I vented on here...

<shudders>

Usually very understanding ;)
It does of course depend on who is online/what the general mood is on here/many other factors haha. But in general, if you're willing to disregard people trying to kick up a fuss just because they can..this place really can be somewhere good to vent. Even if it's a case of getting it all out on the forums, coming back a day later when you've calmed down and then reading people's hilarious replies as they moan at you for xyz/disagree with you/etc :')

Arizahn

Visit site
Usually very understanding ;)
It does of course depend on who is online/what the general mood is on here/many other factors haha. But in general, if you're willing to disregard people trying to kick up a fuss just because they can..this place really can be somewhere good to vent. Even if it's a case of getting it all out on the forums, coming back a day later when you've calmed down and then reading people's hilarious replies as they moan at you for xyz/disagree with you/etc :')

It was a few years ago, to be fair things have improved. We are generally less mareish :)

sarahw123

Visit site
My sharer also thought my horse couldn't see from behind his forelock... I arrived for a lesson to this:

Pinto12Mar2009003.jpg

Pinto12Mar2009008.jpg

:(

I was so shocked I couldn't be angry for ages :mad:

Your horse is stunning, and I would also be livid....but I did laugh at these pictures. Sorry! I know that's not helpful...that's the second time today I have nearly split my sides over a photo of a horse. Don't know what's wrong with me today.

sasquatch

Visit site
OP, have you any thoughts on what caused him to be headshy in the first place? I'm wondering if this is something we can all help with :) For an example, my old mare was headshy after having had a poorly fitting bridle prior to my owning her. I found that scratching her chin helped to gain her trust, and eventually I was able to move further up her head. She did improve with time and patience, but it was very frustrating.

<tries to bury the thread de-rail and fails>

He's been headshy for as long as I've known him, he's improved a lot over the 3 years I've had him but his ears are his 'no go' area.
I suspect he was maybe twitched/roughed up a bit as a young horse, as he is more fidgety with his left than his right. He's improved so much and he's okay with right ear now being touched and was okay with thinners on his right side, just got to work on his left. I seem to do everything with him at a snails pace but so far it's benefited us both :)

For a horse who when I first got him, couldn't stand his face to be touched or any movements around his face, he now absolutely loves getting face rubs and once his bridle is on falls asleep as you adjust and pet him whilst it goes on.

---

Think this will be my last post on this thread, I've had some very helpful advice and tried my best to ignore whatever wasn't relevant.
He is still on his diet, and once I can find a slot for him for the horse walker he can have a bit of fun at the 'gym'. Even though there's not much grass left as summer livery is starting to come to a close, he's still finding enough to balloon. I've been very conscious of laminitis, however he's not had it in the past and he isn't showing any symptoms of concern so all I can do atm is keep him on his diet and keep an eye on him for any symptoms.

I'm not sure where the trolling accusations have come from - the original post was written when I was quite angry as I'd just returned home from seeing my horse and his new hair cut. I've calmed down a lot now, and whilst it's just hair it's also meant I can finally have a chat with mum so she understands that I need more freedom and my wishes are just as rational and to be respected the same way hers are.

My mother is most definitely not a groom of any sort, unless she lives some amazing double life that no one is aware of and this post has suddenly reveled her secret identity.

And as much as I hate to spoil a scandal, unfortunately the only photos of Barney on google images are from my tumblr, facebook, instagram and other social media/image hosting accounts as they have somehow ended up filled with photos of him.
He even has his own Facebook page, however I haven't posted to it in over a year.

If anyone still feels in doubt that he is indeed mine, and not a horse off google, then there are tons of photos of him on my photobucket (and even more that I haven't uploaded) that can be found -> http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/CeeOh3/library/Barney?sort=3&page=1

It's up to you whether you believe I am a genuine poster or not, I cannot force you to have an opinion however I don't understand what has caused this whole post to suddenly be a troll post. As I've said, my mother isn't a groom (and if she was he would most certainly have a neater hair cut!) and whilst I can't be sure what all my relatives do, no one in my immediate family is employed in any job involving horses or any animals at all. So I can only imagine this 'trolling' thing is confusion with someone else.

If it helps anyone with this confusion, I am most certainly living in Northern Ireland and most certainly staying put and not moving from the country within the next two years!

As for the claim that I cut his forelock and tail for attention or as a scheme, I find that quite upsetting that someone would jump to such a conclusion that I could be so petty to do something just for the attention of an online forum.
Whilst I am not opposed to dressing him in pink, which he carries off rather well, there is no way I would ever consider hacking at his forelock especially when I will still be going out and about with him - he gets enough positive comments on his mane that I don't feel the need to make a mess of it just for the attention of people online who will most likely never meet him.

So I will let you all form your own opinions, and whilst I would rather not be tarred by the brush of 'troll' as believe it or not, horsey forums can be great places when it comes to advice, sharing stories and even having a bit of a rant or needing a bit of support and a shoulder to cry on with people who have experienced similar things - all I will say is I came here a bit angry and frustrated, let out a bit of steam and asked what to do next.

And I got a wide range of answers, and from the answers that I got I'm going to give the ones that look like they will work in the best interests of me and my horse a go.

This is the last post I'm making on this thread, purely because I want to address whatever drama is about me regarding being a 'troll' or having a google horse and don't want to reveal personal information regarding my location etc. any further than I have to and feel comfortable doing as H&H forums don't allow much editing or deleting.

I have a range of answers to look at, and thank you all for your time and effort :)