HELP - Purple spray on white sock

supagran

Visit site
Does anyone have any idea of how to get purple spray off a white sock – I was away over the weekend and the horse got a small cut on his leg, people looking after him have cleaned it up, which was good, but then LIBERALLY sprayed purple spray all over his leg (cut was ½ long!). He now has 3 white socks and one purple one – and a dressage competition this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:

K27

Visit site
Whenever my youngster has dirty socks or purple spray on them I've noticed that whenhe has a new bale of white woodshavings it brings them up lovely and clean looking, a bit random I know!....

supagran

Visit site
Thanks - will have a go with Hibiscrub tonight, and if no good will try stable stain remover tomorrow. Unfortunately he's on straw, so the shavings tip won't help him.

flyingfeet

Visit site
Can you put him out on long grass? It took all the colour off mine and that was septi cleanse so had to keep squirting an overreach much to my horses disgust

Empy&Treacle

Visit site
Uh oh. Hibi-Scrub (diluted) makes a very good shampoo and gets white legs very clean - use a soft brush (i used a small face brush) when washing as it gets down to the skin rather than just washing the hair. I would say it is the best option as it will also clean the cut too and won't infect it like some normal shampoos might!!

Just an idea :)

RW1

Visit site
Surecare washing up liquid (white bottle) in supermarket about 80p (for senstive skin) is a very inexpensive whitener! I tired it after a tip from a prolific showing friend - very good results never bothered to invest £9 for a bottle of whitening shampoo again v good stuff. If its really purple you may need a few washes over a few days. You could also chalk up.

RW1

Visit site
This is of course if the cut isnt going to cause a problem ie it is small and is healing without chnaces of it likely to get infected.

PerdixPerdix

Visit site
have you tried babywipes.. i kid you not those things will get anything out!

very useful for a spaniel puppy and a felt tip, so i would think it would work for you.

SVMel

Visit site
Unless you are taking him out to a show I wouldn't worry about it. It will be gone naturally in a few days.

This :) dressage is not really a problem and I wouldn't be inclined to scrub it if he has a cut there. Its not judged on turnout and although I usually prefer my horse clean and plaited for dressage I wouldn't stress about it at this time of year.

Cuppatea

www.facebook.com
wash with soap of some kind to get the worst out then anything left cover up with trainer whitener from the supermarket - you'll need to do a few coats of it leaving it to dry inbetween coats.

Failing any of that, spray the other 3 purple too and team up with a purple saddle cloth and stock.....!! :D