Help! Show name needed! pics of new boy.

Moomin1

Visit site
I think his mane is patterned like a mint humbug so would be tempted with a prefix of something that means a lot to you - perhaps a surname within your family or history and then 'toffee humbug' or just prefix and humbug!!

Have to say I am not a fan of coloureds but he is stunning!!

Odd Socks

Visit site
Woweee what a lovely pony :)

Another vote here for dun and dusted!
How about...

Dun to a T

Or assuming your name actually is natalia

natalia

Visit site
I think we are going for Dunstoppable, thanks for all suggestions! I couldn't care less for being anal about difference between dun and buckskin, its so American. A dun horse is yellow with a black mane and tail and thats what he is! (plus a bit of white for good measure). Or if you want to go gypsy he's Lemon and White. Lol.

Faberge

Visit site
I think we are going for Dunstoppable, thanks for all suggestions! I couldn't care less for being anal about difference between dun and buckskin, its so American. A dun horse is yellow with a black mane and tail and thats what he is! (plus a bit of white for good measure). Or if you want to go gypsy he's Lemon and White. Lol.

The two colours are genetically completely different, so that's not "what he is"... It's not being anal, it's just being correct.

Paris1

Visit site
But he has White and an identically coloured pony i know is marked as tri coloured( or odd cOloured) to the lay person.
Can someone explain the difference between dun and buckskin please? Not too technically if poss. And jow do you tell the difference?

rosiejones

Visit site
In English horse people speak yellow/golden dun is yellow with black mane and tail. You get other shades of fun like blue fun or red dub but they are pretty rare. In America, and in genetics speak, the difference between fun and buckskin has to do with the dorsal stripe but I don't remember which is which. Anyway, mist vets and amateur and pro horsepeople would be happy to call this chap dun and White, or dun skewbald, or tricoloured I reckon! It would be strange to call an english breed buckskin, it just isn't done however correct! Whatever he is he is stunning.

supaspot

Visit site
he looks buckskin to me too so Id call him Buck The Trend , nice boy !
a buckskin is a bay horse with a cream gene a bay dun is a bay horse with a dun gene (dorsal , face mask , leg barring etc)