HELP!! Sold a saddle and it was the wrong size!

Highlands

Visit site
She was taking a huge risk buying the saddle. You sold it as 'seen' and she should have guarteed it was 17 inch. A cooling off period for a contract is 2 weeks so nope a couple of weeks is too long. She can sell it on.... Even with her petrol someone is getting a good buy... Agree why drive 120 miles when postage will do!

Patterdale

Visit site
. How about something like:

"I'm sorry but you came to see this saddle before you bought it so had the opportunity to measure it if you had wanted. That is what you get buying a second hand saddle. I told you that to my knowledge it was a 17" as that was what it was sold to me as. Hence I will not be giving you a refund. Thanks"

Or is that too abrupt?
K

It's too polite.

'You had ample opportunity to inspect or measure the saddle, and I was honest with you throughout. I will not be refunding any money. I now consider the matter closes and will not be entering into any further discussion.'

No need for sorrys and thank yous!

:)

montanna

Visit site
If she paid cash, and it was on preloved tell her to jog on! Or just don't reply? She has zero comeback if she paid cash in hand. Why doesn't she just sell the saddle on herself? You normally break even! After all, you managed to sell it at that price, why on earth can't she. As for driving £40 worth of petrol in order to look at a saddle - how is that anything to do with you!? That was her choice!!! The only thing I can think is that she has damaged it and is trying to pull a fast one!

I had a VERY similar problem with a saddle I sold, except I sold it on ebay! I was sold it by my saddler who fitted it as a 17". I sold it as 17", the buyer got it and said it was 18" and didn't fit her horse. We argued back and forth and then she DAMAGED my saddle and then raised a dispute with ebay saying I had sent her a damaged saddle! Despite photos in the listing proving the saddle was undamaged, ebay made me take the saddle back and refund her the full amount. I sold the saddle on again at a loss as it was now damaged (as 17" which was what the saddle was PROVEN to be in the end!!!) and vowed never to sell on ebay again.

I hate messers!!!

hairycob

Visit site
Sounds like a scam to me. Makes you fear you are going to have to pay out tons in the hope that you will be so relieved you give her back what she paid.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
She could have asked for a picture with you measuring the seat before she drove to pick up the saddle, so really its her fault for not bothering to check it.

Zero00000

Visit site
I assume she bought said saddle from your home?

So I will assume the next message from her will be 'Ill be coming to your house blah blah blah....' and your reply should be 'OK, Ill meet you there with my mate PC Police man, please do not contact me again, Regards Mrs Not as stupid as you think I am'