Here comes Trouble

poiuytrewq

Visit site
D9A5359D-6A72-4D20-B265-1F5B51A33635.jpegD5F33B0F-0744-4533-BEB9-FBB18A37F57C.jpeg

This is Bubbles, aka Troubles

He’s doing my head in 😂
He’s fat, he’s impossible to get weight off. I currently haven’t even been trying as it just makes no difference.

He is breaking through 4 strands of electric fencing, he was, until last night black mailing me with “if you don’t muzzle me I’ll stay in the field, if you do I’ll just escape and go in search of more grass”
He’s totally 100% happy to be alone, the other 3 however get hysterical without him.
I have a little surfaced turn out pen, post and rail which he’s broken! Even with electric over the rails.

His only saving grace is that these photos are him hearing me getting the others in for breakfast this morning and coming home by himself. Sometimes I have to go traipsing round to find the little monkey.

Anyone want?

TheHairyOne

Visit site
My sister has a little bugger of a kids pony who learnt how to snap the bottom rails of post and rail to get out. He gets his head through, leans HARD, then releases the tension and charges. It was VERY expensive last summer. We've resorted to using very small holed netting from amazon and cable ties. If he cant get his head through he cant break the rails. So far so good after 6 months. Clever ponies are the devil to keep in somewhere they dont want to be!!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
He would fit in here .
Super, He's on his way. He could do with a bit of your fat camp!

Last year we had decided to put stock fencing type stuff up, not everywhere but the main boundaries that are open fencing. However he stopped. He seems to go through phases and i expect right now his field is pretty bare whilst outside his field is starting to grow madly.

Luckily the direction he always chooses is away from the road and there is a lot of nice greenery between him and the next roads in that direction. Also in theory locked gates but they are just like an invitation!

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
Send him here, he's beautiful and will fit right in. One of my little Scottish bandits has taken to moving in with the big ponies whenever she fancies a change. Which would be fine but one of the big ponies favourite game is 'fling the shetland' yet in she still goes. Sigh

ETA, around most of the perimeter we now have wonderful 'fun spoiler' fencing, 4 foot high stud fencing in fact, but the bit of field we've yet to fence.......you guessed it, where the little loves are. There is a ditch and a Hegde to get through as well as electric fencing, but we know what a trifle they would find that 🤣

Last edited:

cauda equina

Visit site
Could you clip him?
Mine's just been done and this morning he was shivering :( (yes I know that's the whole point of doing it but I still felt mean)
Bubbles would probably get a better zap off the electric fence too, without 3" of wool between it and him

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Send him here, he's beautiful and will fit right in. One of my little Scottish bandits has taken to moving in with the big ponies whenever she fancies a change. Which would be fine but one of the big ponies favourite game is 'fling the shetland' yet in she still goes. Sigh

ETA, around most of the perimeter we now have wonderful 'fun spoiler' fencing, 4 foot high stud fencing in fact, but the bit of field we've yet to fence.......you guessed it, where the little loves are. There is a ditch and a Hegde to get through as well as electric fencing, but we know what a trifle they would find that 🤣
They are such little hard nuts!

Stud fencing! I think that's what i meant. Stock is bigger holes isn't it! He'd probably try and climb through them

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Could you clip him?
Mine's just been done and this morning he was shivering :( (yes I know that's the whole point of doing it but I still felt mean)
Bubbles would probably get a better zap off the electric fence too, without 3" of wool between it and him
Was just talking about this with my friend, she suggested a bib clip which yes i can do but i think the main contact area is he puts his head down so its his mane insulating it. She then suggested temporarily hogging if it kept him in!... I just couldn't 😄
I am going to whip his front off though.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Well you did get a shetland….. 😉
And I’m glad I did really, I just wish he could be more obliging all the time!
The good periods make the bad ones more annoying 😂

I just poo picked the field and there was nothing, not one from him so I assume he was literally out all night.
He was spotted by the game keeper at about 12pm (wish he’d called and said)

Nicnac

Visit site
Oh but you can't help but love them (little sods!) Mine can't be closed in so has a 3 sided stable next to the main stables and I know if the weather has been bad as I have 8 mini poos on the hardstanding under the overhang. I call her Little Miss Sh*talot.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Oh but you can't help but love them (little sods!) Mine can't be closed in so has a 3 sided stable next to the main stables and I know if the weather has been bad as I have 8 mini poos on the hardstanding under the overhang. I call her Little Miss Sh*talot.
That’s much what I do. He has a garden shed on the yard with half a door that he’s very happy (and contained) in.
I just always think It’a so small for long.
His place of choice is to stand under the overhang, eating the stray bits of hay out of the horses mouths!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
He’s on lock down! I’m going to combine it with fat camp.
After putting a better battery on and extra hay (which got wasted) he spent a night in the field, great!
This morning however he met me outside the locked main farm gates as I went out to sort feeds.
He wasn’t there when I let the dogs out but appeared when I put feeds into stables ready, so he was actually on the road.
That’s scary as although it’s a quiet single track cars to shoot along there sometimes, especially a few locals from the village who know the potholes and use it as a slalom course.
Some time in will do him good really and the others were calm this morning, assume he’s done an all nighter again so they do get over it after a while 🤦‍♀️

Again, anyone want?