He's gone, probably the worst day of my life!

Kokopelli

Visit site
He stopped fighting today whilst I was driving home from the vets. I had to pull over for 20mins to compose myself to keep driving.

He's no longer in pain and now he has gone to reseach this horrible disease! And if you ever think your horse has the same symptoms get him/ her to the vet!

Thanks for everyone's support! The thought of buying a new horse is killing me as all I want is Koko!!

Its just not fair though he was only 6 and had such a career ahead of him

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
I am so unbelievably sorry for you. :( *big hugs* Let us just hope that his symptoms can help research into protecting others from this same disease, though I know it doesn't make it better for you now.

The world is so cruel sometimes that it leaves me feeling quite bitter. I hope that with some time you can start to feel better about it. He was fortunate to be so loved in his lifetime, I think that's all any horse can ever wish for. *more hugs*

fatponee

Visit site
I am so sorry for your loss. Like you said, he is no longer in any pain and obviously has a wonderful mummy who did the best for him. The shock of losing a horse so suddenly is unbelieveably painful I know. Big thoughts and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we're all thinking of you.x

Kokopelli

Visit site
Thank you for your support everyone it means a lot. To think we were out showjumping last night and qualified for a championship kind of makes it worse :/

a_e_d

Visit site
So so sorry for your loss. Life can be so damned unfair sometimes, but I am sure he is grateful for the time he did have with you.
Big hugs for you (it will get easier in time although it won't seem like it now).

I have also had a word with Andy - he is going to keep an eye out for your boy now and make sure he is OK .... and remember, you will see him again one day.
xx

FFF

Visit site
OMG Liz :( :( I am so, so sorry :(

Call or text me if you want to talk. Lots of hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

JessandCharlie

Visit site
I'm so sorry, I could cry for you. What you have done is very brave, you have let him go somewhere where he can help other horses with the disease.
Thank you for making us all aware of it, this must be so difficult for you but I know to look out for it now.
All thinking of you here.
Jess xx

kizzywiz

Visit site
Thats terrible, I'm so very sorry. Try to be strong & take comfort from the fact that he was loved & well looked after & that you & the vets did absolutely all they could. xxxx

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
Oh God, I am so so sorry, how tragic, you must be completely devastated and are probably in shock as it was all so sudden.

Would love to be able to make it better for you, sadly all I can offer is huge hugs
xx