HHO I need you

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Hopefully everyone has heard of Hannah Francis' Willberry Wonder Pony charity.

I didn't know her personally. I never spoke to her. However I watched her fight, crossed my fingers, and shed many tears over her and her family.

She changed my life for many reasons not least because she inspired me to be more positive and enjoy every day I get given and be thankful for what I have.

In April this year I had a really stupid fall from not even a great height and broke all my ribs on my left side. I wasn't all that confident before this happened and am a lot less confident now!

So where does Hannah fit in to that. Of course it's the Wobbleberry challenge to do a BE80 in 2017. This is where you come in. Please would you like my page -
Cyprian Showjumper to Eventer

https://m.facebook.com/Cyprian-Showjumper-to-Eventer-345895435769391/

and I need all the support and advice I can get (but be kind because I'm not feeling very resilient!!).

Neither of us have evented. Cyprian who I got a month ago is a show jumper who has competed up to 1.40 but with pro riders which is certainly not me. My 7 yr old daughter is jumping higher than I am currently and Cyprian is my first proper horse ever!

So can we do it? Flipping hope so. Biggest challenge of my life!

Last edited:

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Your link didn't work but I think I found you and liked by typing in "Cyprian - Showjumper to Eventer".

https://www.facebook.com/Cyprian-Showjumper-to-Eventer-345895435769391/?fref=ts

See if this link works :)

Thank you, yes it does. Having a real issue with FB not wanting to give me a flipping link what's that all about. It won't let me add a share button either gah! Tried to edit the original post but it doesn't seem to want to work either

FW, you go girl! Good luck with it x

Thank you - I'll need it!

SaddleUpSin

Visit site
Goodluck!! :)

Eeee I'd consider this myself but I genuinely don't think I could :( For starters I don't fit the mold of "wobbleberry", secondly I've only ever jumped 75cm in my life, once, and nearly cried!

So more power to you! :)

TBmum

Visit site
Good Luck, this is very similar to my personal aim for 2017 so I will follow your progress to give myself a kick up the bottom! :)

ozpoz

Visit site
Well done! I'd be doing this too, but horse is broken..
Cyprian looks gorgeous, I'm sure he'll look after you. Have lots of fun!

ITPersonnage

Visit site
I have no doubt at all you can and will do it and you will enjoy it :)

Sorry don't do facebook but with your determination, and the help of your team around you will be fine I'm sure GO GIRL !!

Procrastination

Visit site
Eeek good luck, you're very brave! I have a friend who has signed up on her supercob. They only started jumping properly about 6 weeks ago but she is feeling pretty positive about it. I think it's a brilliant initiative!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Goodluck!! :)

Eeee I'd consider this myself but I genuinely don't think I could :( For starters I don't fit the mold of "wobbleberry", secondly I've only ever jumped 75cm in my life, once, and nearly cried!

So more power to you! :)

Thanks!

Good luck. I will follow your progress and keep everything crossed for you! X

Thank you much appreciated!

Done. You can do it! :D

Thanks we'll give it a good go anyway!

Good Luck, this is very similar to my personal aim for 2017 so I will follow your progress to give myself a kick up the bottom! :)

Thank you and good luck too.

Liked :)

Good luck - you can do it!

Thanks very much.

Well done! I'd be doing this too, but horse is broken..
Cyprian looks gorgeous, I'm sure he'll look after you. Have lots of fun!

Thanks. I got him because my best cob is broken and the other cob is in foal. He's like nothing I've ever ridden before and was so lucky to come across him.

I have no doubt at all you can and will do it and you will enjoy it :)

Sorry don't do facebook but with your determination, and the help of your team around you will be fine I'm sure GO GIRL !!

Thanks very much that's kind of you!

Eeek good luck, you're very brave! I have a friend who has signed up on her supercob. They only started jumping properly about 6 weeks ago but she is feeling pretty positive about it. I think it's a brilliant initiative!

Brave no. Stupid - perhaps! I was doing 90cm tracks on my little cob before things went pear shaped but that's over a year ago and feels like a million miles away now.

However daughter and I are going SJ schooling tonight and we are both moving up a height. She's doing the 45 and 55 and I'm doing the 65 and 75. Eep!

I also as a sort of treat / life time thing am having a lesson with Geoff Billington in 3 weeks time. However I've got to be jumping 80-90 by then so the pressure is on to man up a bit.

Thing is the horse can definitely do it. I just have to believe!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Good luck. She touched so many lives. I have followed and will donate

Thanks very much. I don't like asking people for money and nearly fell off my seat to see I've had two donations already. So grateful and amazed. I was expecting to have to donate my own target :)

OMG I nearly had kittens jumping crossed poles, good luck and I'm sure with all the support you'll get you'll wonder why you worried.

Thanks :). Feeling massively pleased with myself as we jumped a 75cm track last night which feels a lot closer to "an 80" than it did last week!

Liked your page!

I am no expert but did do a season at 80 this year so if you need any help or advice then please don't hesitate to ask!

Thank you for the offer. I need to know everything! I haven't got a clue what I'm doing. :)

Whizza

Visit site
Brilliant. Fantastic cause.

I was going to sign up for this with my mare and was really excited to get going, but I broke my flipping knee 6 weeks ago... surgeon has said it will be some time before I'm back in the saddle :(

Good luck! Xx

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Anyone who jumps anything is brave in my book the most I do is a tiny log in the woods so I hold my hat off to you, good luck x

Thank you much appreciated!

Well done you! You can do it! You have inspired me to be braver already!

Aww that's good thank you!

Brilliant. Fantastic cause.

I was going to sign up for this with my mare and was really excited to get going, but I broke my flipping knee 6 weeks ago... surgeon has said it will be some time before I'm back in the saddle :(

Good luck! Xx

Oh no that is not good news poor you! Hope you have a smooth recovery.

Fb has let me add a page address thing now thankfully and it's quite easy to find now if you type @SJtoEventer into the search box it will come up.

Bernster

Visit site
Ha signature now working but perhaps a bit long winded.

Can you add a link to your just giving page? That's what I did (I think). Will happily donate, we Wobblers need all the help we can get.

Have you had any thoughts about fundraising? I've hit a wall. I had some early donaters who were awesome but it's dried up now so, as well as the actual plan for the BE event, I think I need a plan for raising some more cash for the cause!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Can you add a link to your just giving page? That's what I did (I think). Will happily donate, we Wobblers need all the help we can get.

Have you had any thoughts about fundraising? I've hit a wall. I had some early donaters who were awesome but it's dried up now so, as well as the actual plan for the BE event, I think I need a plan for raising some more cash for the cause!

Thank you! I've pinned the just giving details to the top of the FB page. I think the charity speaks for itself really and I'm hoping people will just want to give to it!

My friend offered to do a cake sale at the local equestrian centre.

I don't think I've got enough to show for it yet lol. Need to make some more progress!

Hmm signature not showing up now how weird. Perhaps because I'm on a mobile device I posted the other post from the full site version.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Just thought I would do a little update for those without FB.

I've now had Cyprian for about 2.5 months. Feels longer actually I had to go and work that out!

There have been highs (well he's 17hh of course there have lol) and lows (self inflicted) but over the last few days things really seem to be coming together.

A couple of weeks ago I was thinking there is no way on earth I can do this. Last night I was thinking ok, maybe, just maybe.

That's not to say I'm not still scared. I am. But I realised that whatever happens, Hannah is going to get me further than I ever would have got if left to my own fear limited devices.

https://www.facebook.com/SJ2Eventer/videos/384893785202889/

#inspiredbyhannah #wobbleberry

Bradsmum

Visit site
As someone who is currently having a confidence crisis I feel your fears. Someone said to me this week "remember we have to push ourselves out of our comfort zones occasionally or else we don't progress". With this in mind I am on a mission to get myself riding again so that I get to enjoy some hacks in the coming warm spring/summer evenings. You have already taken some major steps so I have every confidence that you will succeed in your mission for 2017. Good luck.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
As someone who is currently having a confidence crisis I feel your fears. Someone said to me this week "remember we have to push ourselves out of our comfort zones occasionally or else we don't progress". With this in mind I am on a mission to get myself riding again so that I get to enjoy some hacks in the coming warm spring/summer evenings. You have already taken some major steps so I have every confidence that you will succeed in your mission for 2017. Good luck.

Thank you very much for this and for your donation. Very kind of you.

It's totally true, if I didn't have a reason to push myself I wouldn't be bothering to and I wouldn't be progressing. For a while I thought I was daft to have put so much pressure on myself to do something like this but I'm now realising that my initial thought that it was a good idea is right after all!

I hope you get some lovely hacking in this year!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Good luck. You're looking good. I've not been on here for a bit, what happened to your lovely cob mare?

Thanks. Don't know what you saw last but I had a big accident in April and broke all my ribs on one side. That wrote off the summer (took about 8 months to be totally pain free although I was riding again after 3 months I think, can't remember) and when I got back on she was great for a while but then just couldn't keep her at the level of work I wanted to do really. She's going on loan in April locally to a place that should really suit her, plenty of gentle work. Between the PSSM, saddle nightmares (not her fault!) and my accident (a bit her fault) the last few years have been a write off really and my confidence was (is) rock bottom. Got the chance of this horse and decided you only live once and if I was going to do it I better give it a go. Seems like he is exactly what I needed but probably need to spend the same again in lessons to actually be able to ride him properly!