HHO's Online Most Popular Horse Names?

Tash88

Visit site
I have a Stanley so I suppose that falls in with Stan, even though I tend to use his 'proper' name most people on the yard call him Stan :).

Names I've heard quite a lot are Herbie, Boo, Dizzy, Red, Tilly, Merlin, Ruby and Rolo.

AngieandBen

Visit site
Ponies I've had, Jester, Tadpole ( yuck! ) Walker, and my current one Ben; daughters pony, Turbo ( :) ) Liveries have been Burghley, Eric, Shadow, Papillon and Boy

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
I named one Jeff recently (same sound just different spelling), but when I sold him his new owner renamed him :(

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Also, there seem to be a huge number of palominos called Candy! I only know as I was helping a member here trace her old mare Candy, and loads of people told us of palomino Candys, sadly none of whom were hers. :( I knew a palomino Candy myself many years ago too.

Weirdly, there is a palomino mare called this at my yard!

Got a Molly (the one who stomped me)
Tilly
Tommy
Ralphie
Snappy (and he is!)
Dumbledore
Potter
Boris
Tess
All RS horses bar the first two.

Annagain

Visit site
We've got two Blues at our yard known (imaginitively) as either Big Blue and Little Blue or Blue One (who's been there longest)and Blue Two. I also had a Blue as a kid so that's obviously quite popular. I know lots of Charlies as well.

My favourite horse name on here is Mr Darcy, just sounds so "knight in shining armour" like. In real life of the horses I know, my favourite is Noodle. He's like a noodle too, all long and wriggly.

Most of the palomino mares I know are/ were called Honey. Not come across a Candy.

Last edited:

AandK

Visit site
My two are Andy and Kiana. Although all non horsey people laugh when I say I have a horse called Andy, I think I have heard of at least two or three more over the years with that name!

Not sure about Kiana though, got her name from an atlas, it's a place in Alaska!

Most common names I've come across are Herbie, Amber, Blue, Ben, Charlie, Bertie, Bella, to name a few.

My fave horse name has to be Brian! :smile3: