(Hides) Does anyone not like labs?!

Foxford

Visit site
Sorry, I don't wish to be mean to anyone, but I don't like labs! I think I may be the only person in the entire world that feels this way! I just don't get them.

It probably doesn't help that I was looking after the in-laws 6 month old black lab today and the dim b*gger peed ALL over my kitchen floor and in the living room!

So those of you that love them - why?!
tongue.gif
And those that don't, make yourselves known (quietly!).

Starbucks

Visit site
I'm not a huge fan. I think some are nice who are more streamline but most of them do seem be a bit boring and fat??
tongue.gif

Not keen on Spaniels either - don't understand why anyone would have either when they can have a GSP instead!
grin.gif
tongue.gif

Tia

Visit site
I don't like black Labradors. I know there are some nice ones but black Labs have been the breed which has caused me most grief. I've been bitten by a couple and my dogs have been attacked by some.

skye123

Visit site
i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee labs!
grin.gif

but my nan doesnt like them that much cos her dad always had them when she was little and she never liked them for some reason
confused.gif

ETS i dont like the really fat ones though think they look horrible

Foxford

Visit site
That's interesting Tia, as my rescue GSD (who is nervous of other dogs) was attacked by a black lab, and I've never heard of anyone else with a similar experience. My OH's parents are on their 2nd one, mainly because they think they are safe around young kids.
confused.gif
They think my GSD is evil, but she is so soft and I would trust her as much as any other dog with children. I guess it's all about image and black labs have a good image which I feel is not quite deserved.

Selkie

Visit site
I love my black lab - my sister doesnt like labs at all she has a GSD. Although she nearly admitted liking my dog after she spent 3 days with her last summer

Tia

Visit site
Never yellow ones though - I've never met a bad yellow Lab to date and I actually used to have one many moons ago. He was a bit of a twit but was certainly not aggressive in the slightest.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I don't particularly like them, I also wouldn't want one but I do admire a good working gundog, well any dog doing a good job of what it was bred for. Have to admit I particularly do not like the choc' lab's at all, they all seem too chunk, brain dead and 'in your face'!
ooo.gif

Skhosu

Visit site
I love my lab, she is intelligent, athletic (aside from arthritis), loves company but isn't pshyco exciteable. The only bad thing abou tlabs as far as I can see if the tendancy towards arthritis, she has had it since she was two. And she loves her food!
Here she is on the left:

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Wouldn't have one but can't say I really dislike them, though I do hate to see so many overweight labs. Funnily enough I have had bad experiences with yellow labs, my dogs have been attacked on at least 3 occasions by yellow labs. Like all the popular breeds, I think the fact there are so many of them increases the likelihood of people experiencing a nasty one.

sloulou

Azerbaijan (or London and Suffolk - maybe...)
Visit site
How can you not love this:
grin.gif
tongue.gif

lokicamp.jpg

I never wanted a lab - because everyone has them - and i thought they were boring dogs that get fat... but I did some research, found that working bred labs are my more attractive (IMHO) and less likely to get fat and generally lovely. Decided to get one as it seemed most suited to our lifestyle - plus I wanted to do gundog training classes too. Now I love them
grin.gif

But still don't particularly like fat show dog types...
tongue.gif

GinaB

Visit site
Is that your Loki Widget?

I love working bred labs. There are differences in the types. We use our labs as gundogs. (well, the wee one is in training)

To me, this is the perfect example of a working bred lab (not that I'm biased
laugh.gif
)

RIMG0439.jpg

As much as I love my Tina, I wouldn't say she is a particularly good looking lab
blush.gif
She is a cracking dog though and a fantastic worker

kibob

Visit site
To me, this is the perfect example of a working bred lab (not that I'm biased )

Couldn't agree more, that is a lovely lab. He is exactly the same stamp of dog as my Henry was - he was from working lines.

Love labs, but we do see far too many fat ones
frown.gif

GinaB

Visit site
Thank you
laugh.gif
That was my beautiful Windsor, sadly PTS in Jan. Must get out his papers and check out his breeding, but he is working bred. He was actually the runt of his litter!

kerilli

Visit site
no, not much. my uncle has nothing but, he had a pale cream one (actually pretty nasty, bit a LOT of people), a huge fat chocolate one which shagged anything that stayed still long enough, and a big black one now, who is quite nice i guess.
friend had a black one, a bitch, who was the naughtiest, most defiant pup ever, so much that she gave up and gave it back to the breeder, after months of training lessons and persistence, etc.
frown.gif

labs aren't top of my list, i'm afraid. about 100th actually!
had a golden retriever rescue dog years ago (nearly a lab, isn't it?!) and it was the thickest dog i've ever encountered (apart from foxhounds and bloodhounds, which deserve their own category of thickness), completely untrainable and irremediably stupid.

MizElz

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Never yellow ones though - I've never met a bad yellow Lab to date and I actually used to have one many moons ago. He was a bit of a twit but was certainly not aggressive in the slightest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I've never known a nasty black lab, but have known at least 3 nasty yellow ones, and a couple of choccies
frown.gif
We have two black girls (mum and daughter), and they are the softest, silliest pair of donuts ever!

Look at these! How can you not want one?!?!
puppy4.jpg

I have to say, it was my mums decision to get a Lab - our family have always had GSDs in the past. Now mum says she'd never get anything other than a lab! Though I wouldnt say the same for myself, personally...*covers India and China's ears*
blush.gif

Tinkerbee

Visit site
Dont like em

Boring as hell to look at
smirk.gif

And the two Ive had close personal experience of have been pts after biting people
crazy.gif

keeperscottage

Visit site
We were told at dog training that the dog most likely to break your leg (ie, run into you) was a chocolate lab! Labs just don't float my boat - which is why we have a Golden Retriever (BEST dog ever - only a year old and SOOO grown up!), Munsterlander (just so dopey and gorgeous!) plus MY Springers - with tails! -(daughter has disowned my Molly but still loves Ruby - after Ruby Walsh - and Libby - "Liberty & Livelihood"). No, I've never considered owning a lab!

wireweiners

Visit site
Labs wouldn't be my first choice but my Stinker dog is the exception to the rule. Someone dumped her on the side of a rather busy highway. She had rolled in road kill plus smelled of an unclean kennel hence her name. She is a chocolate lab, very sweet and well mannered in the house except for occasional bouts of tormenting the cats. She isn't fat because I monitor her food and don't feed her rubbish. She looks to be from working lines but she is gun shy and won't retrieve if her life depended on it. But she's a great foot warmer!
grin.gif

Vicki1986

Visit site
nearly all the labs i've met have been over weight and jumped up at me or bounced all over me, i'm only small so a big dog nealry pushing me over and standing on my feet doesnt impress me much (but their fatness and bad behaviour is the owners fault not theirs!!) but they are sweet enough just not for me too much energy.

sloulou

Azerbaijan (or London and Suffolk - maybe...)
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Horrible things-they stink at both ends and are fat in the middle...yuch!

[/ QUOTE ]

confused.gif
mad.gif
what a horrible thing to say

are you not a dog lover
confused.gif
I mean I'm not the biggest fan of JRTs cos they all bully my lab, with the exception of one nice one that I have met and I wouldn't choose a toy dog but have met some lovely ones - but i would never go as far as to say something like that - I love dogs in general.
crazy.gif