(Hides) Does anyone not like labs?!

sloulou

Azerbaijan (or London and Suffolk - maybe...)
Visit site
Yes - I am going to take some pics of Loki for you - meant to last night
grin.gif

Janah

Visit site
I love labs. They can be a handful for the 1st 18 months. As long as they are fed and exercised properly they shouldn't get fat. My yellow girl doesn't have a nasty bone in her body, is very active and obedient. The only other dog I would consider having is a border collie.

Fairynuff

Visit site
Dont take it to heart! Im sorry, I really dont like them and wouldnt dream of having one. I dislike beagles very very much too! I love BCs (I have 3) JRs, lurchers (had one) and most breeds in general-I just cant take labs or beagles
grin.gif

Lightning

Visit site
I don't like them after one attacked my rottie dog last night at training for no reason!!!!
My poor baby now has a swollen eye, sore ear and is limping.

minkymoo

Visit site
I confess, I am not president of the lab lovers club. I do appreciate a handsome one (WidgetTidings!) and I think a working lab in good condition is a lovely thing to see, but they are not for me I'm afraid. We have family friends who have working Gun Dog labs and I find them unpleasant and aggresive. My OH's parents GSD on the other hand are adorable and wouldn't harm a fly, my friends mother however cries & shakes when she sees a GSD as she is so frightened of them!! Strange indeed!

I like Cockers, GSD's, GSP, Saluki and a few others.

Acolyte

Visit site
What a fantastic looking lab!

My greyhound isn't a fan of them - one of my BFs labs bit her three times on the side, needing surgery to repair the holes
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

For myself I quite like them if they are not too fat, and are well trained (neither of which apply to BFs two, even though they are trained gundogs
shocked.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
) - with the BFs two any bad behaviour is down to his poor management of them, which he admits
tongue.gif

sloulou

Azerbaijan (or London and Suffolk - maybe...)
Visit site
Thanks
grin.gif

Mairi - think I was having an oversentsitive moment
tongue.gif

Basically - I like any nice well trained dog - that is in good condition... whatever breed. Am not keen on any agressive or naughty dogs really
grin.gif
And am sure we all know examples of lots of those in lots of differnt breeds
grin.gif

Hate to see fat dogs
frown.gif
- why do the owners do that
confused.gif

ShadowFlame

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Dont like em

Boring as hell to look at
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to agree there, and practically every lab I've seen is at least double it's ideal weight. Not my kinda dog I'm afraid.

beatrice

Visit site
Love labs, i have never known a nasty one.
My family is on its second one now. He is 8 now and still as active and playful as ever but he is well behaved, does as he is told, and would never hurt a fly. We quite happily leave him and my young cousins in the garden playing and know that he will play fetch and tug of war with them for hours.
My mum is desperate for a boxer (our greyhound is on her way out and the lab has never lived on his own) but my dad refuses to have anything but labs and greyhounds.

Heres my little man:
RAndom001.jpg

100_0731.jpg

Aru

Visit site
I have a lab at the moment and although i love her cos shes the family pet i dont tink id ever get another one..she hates small dogs,is AFRAID of water,doesnt like the sound of gunshots and is realy hard to keep the weight off...we restrict her food, she robs raw potatos so we uped the exercise as much as pos bt its nt easy nw dat shes mussled for walks cos she hates putting it on and hides in the shed and refuses to budge when it emerges.she was meant to be a shoting dog!first dog we ever got with papers and shes gonna be the last...she is a decent gaurd dog tho barks her head off at strangers and is good with kids to..