Hind end issues- thoughts appreciated!

timbobs

Visit site
Well, those who suggested suspensory issues were spot on.

Unfortunately, it's not great news. He has significant scar tissue on his right hind suspensory which is restricting movement. His left hind has a fairly large hole which looks new.

Was quite a bit to take in, so the vet is going to call me this afternoon to talk through options but he isn't optimistic about the future for him with the hocks and KS as well.

hopscotch bandit

Visit site

Unfortunately, it's not great news. He has significant scar tissue on his right hind suspensory which is restricting movement. His left hind has a fairly large hole which looks new.

Was quite a bit to take in, so the vet is going to call me this afternoon to talk through options but he isn't optimistic about the future for him with the hocks and KS as well.
I'm very sorry to hear this as I've been following your post.

scats

Visit site

Sorry to hear that. I was in a similar position last year and the vets basically told me to write mine off. Nearly 9 months later and we are trying a tentative return to light work, but I’m fully prepared for it not to be a success if I’m honest.

There are some success stories on the Facebook PSD group though-maybe worth a join?

timbobs

Visit site
Sorry to hear that. I was in a similar position last year and the vets basically told me to write mine off. Nearly 9 months later and we are trying a tentative return to light work, but I’m fully prepared for it not to be a success if I’m honest.

There are some success stories on the Facebook PSD group though-maybe worth a join?

I joined last week and there is some really useful stuff on there :) Will need to have a proper chat with the vet about realistic options for him as he's not the easiest to manage and is already bored and fed up having done minimal work for 3 months. He already lives out in a group, but could be worth looking into a retirement herd for him where no-one is being ridden and he can just chill out.

whiteflower

Visit site
Sorry to hear that. Mine was diagnosed with the same and had the surgery for the PSD (successful) and ligament snip for kissing spines (not successful) and hocks medicated (not successful). As a last resort I have totally retrained myself and him under saddle and work him in a very different manner. He is now sound and going well. Pm if I can be of any help