Hip savers and latex saddle toppers

spider

community.webshots.com
Could anyone advise me please? Was wondering if anyone had either of these two items and whether they do actually make a big difference with painful hips on a wide horse.

http://www.enlightenedequitationshop.com/hipsaver-pad---english-style-26-p.asp

Also I don't understand what is meant by the twist of a saddle. Please could someone enlighten me? The hip saver says it is for a treeless saddle. Do you think it could be used on a saddle with a tree as well?

Has anyone got any other useful tips for creaky hips (and knees and ankles sometimes!). I have already have flexi-stirrups. Don't think I am supposed to take supplements with the medication I am on. I suppose a slimmer more forward-going horse would help but I'd rather not go down that route!

Thanks in advance.

Cuppatea

www.facebook.com
how short do you ride?
I ride short most of the time but when i go hunting i have to lengthen them by a LOT so that i am almost swinging in the stirrups or i am crippled when i get off. Maybe try riding a ho;e or two longer if you can. Failing that, get a western saddle.....! Much more comfortab;e!!!

spider

community.webshots.com
Oh that's interesting. Have been trying to ride shorter lately, will have to experiment with longer. Thank you Cupoftea. Have never ridden in a western saddle, maybe I ought to go somewhere that does western riding to try one out.

brucethegypsycob

Visit site
Hi. I`ve got the heather moffet seatbone saver. Best thing i`ve ever bought and woudnt ride without it. Not only is it extremely comfortable but they way it attaches to the saddle means it never moves around and remains totally secure. But for me the best thing about it is the security it gives my seat. even when my green youngster has a sideways spook i`m completley secure in the saddle. if you like to have more movement in the saddle when riding then you may not like the grip it gives. to me its worth every penny and kept me on board in a few hairy moments.