Hope Valley Saddlery

VRIN

Visit site
There after sales was pretty rubbish a couple of years ago but hopefully that will have improved by now

chaps89

Visit site
I ordered a number of pairs of long boots from them about 18 months ago as I wanted to try multiple pairs on in 1 go and local stores didn't have a huge range. Absolutely no problem returning them or getting a refund. Since bought a small item and it arrived quickly. So no complaints from me.

pansymouse

Visit site
I ordered a £250 item which showed as in stock and they took the money. I then got an email to say despatch was delayed so I rang to find out what the problem was only to be told it wasn't in stock and they actually ordered them in as they got orders. Chased again on Friday morning and was promised a call back as a big order had just come in from the supplier in question. Never got the call. Not at all impressed with the service.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i have had good after service from them. i ordered a leather headcollar and they sent the wrong one, i phoned and they were very apologetic, sent the right one and they organised return postage for me. it was all done very quickly....

I.M.N.

Visit site
I’ve never had a problem and have ordered everything from cheap to expensive. They’re my go to shop these days.

paddy555

Visit site
I ordered a £250 item which showed as in stock and they took the money. I then got an email to say despatch was delayed so I rang to find out what the problem was only to be told it wasn't in stock and they actually ordered them in as they got orders. Chased again on Friday morning and was promised a call back as a big order had just come in from the supplier in question. Never got the call. Not at all impressed with the service.

more or less this, it was a rambo rug. I had to ask to speak to the person in charge after several phone calls and she was hopeless. In the end horseware sent it directly from Ireland. Won't use them again as I was lied to on the phone.

Leo Walker

Visit site
I had appalling service from them with a pretty expensive bridle. They also told outright lies about it. The whole thing was just a nightmare, soley down to their inept staff. This was through their ebay store so not sure if the website staff are different. On the basis of that I wont use them again. Prior to that orders from the website have taken ages to come, things that have been ordered and paid for are then refunded as they are out of stock. I've also had the wrong thing delivered, ie a dressage saddle pad instead of a GP

Pippity

Visit site
I've only ever ordered small items online, and never had any problems.

I've bought more expensive stuff in person, and been impressed with service and friendliness. When buying a riding hat, they actually encouraged me to get a slightly cheaper one because it was a better fit.

DappleDown

Visit site
I bought a pair of Jod Boots a couple of months back. Not cheapies, even with their 'Price Reduced'.

The tongue is stitched to the boots where it shouldn't be. I needed them and kept them as is, but that means they are a pain in the wotsit to put on and I wish I had returned them.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I did have a problem a few years back when the photographs didn't correspond with the correct item so I bought the wrong fairly expensive bridle for my daughter for Christmas.
The wrong item came and they were too busy to help until the new year. Kind of fair enough but screwed up a present.
They blamed the supplier for the mix up and didn't apologise.
I've also had a few orders with no trouble at all though.

PetalPower

Visit site
Another positive review here, never had any problems and found them particularly helpful at Bramham when one of their staff went rooting through a lorry to find me the right size of rug. Have used them online as well with no issues.

MissTyc

Visit site
I've spent a lot of money on the online shop and never had a problem, Had to return a £200 item and it was refunded without any questions asked.

whiteflower

Visit site
I had issues when I ordered 2 expensive bridles, they took the money then said one was out of stock and no more were coming in. I paid extra for a different bridle instead and a brow band as didn't like the one that bridle came with. Nothing. Called again, now that bridle was out of stock too. It did get sorted by getting a third bridle in the end by I had to do all the chasing, they didn't call back when they said they would. To be fair although I don't find they get orders to you very quickly I've never had problems prior to this and have brought numerous things from them and been pleased. I think if you do have an issue it seems to depend on who you speak to for what response you get. I would happily buy from them again although I always use my credit card for big purchases for protection anyway

Abi90

Visit site

I had this as well. Ordered a bridle that was shown in stock on the website, 3 weeks later no bridle and told it was out of stock but more coming in the next month! They took my money pretty swiftly! I said it was urgent and cancelled the order, got the money back but not as quickly as they took it.

pansymouse

Visit site
I had this as well. Ordered a bridle that was shown in stock on the website, 3 weeks later no bridle and told it was out of stock but more coming in the next month! They took my money pretty swiftly! I said it was urgent and cancelled the order, got the money back but not as quickly as they took it.

Mine is a bridle as well. They told me the law was they have to take the money immediately (haven't bother to check if that's true yet) and that the stock levels are from their suppliers inventory and it is standard practice to accept the order and then send the despatch delay email. Whilst that is perfectly acceptable business practice which enables them to offer a large range of expensive items it should be explicit stated in the item description on their website.