Horse and Hound Columnist

ihatework

Visit site
The older I get, the more anti-hunt I become. And it’s generally down to the people rather than the act of hunting. A real shame, because a core of these types completely compound the hunting stereotype.

Yes, this lady (in the loosest sense of the word) very much sounds an unfit manner. Let’s hope the nanny has some maternal instincts 😉

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Let’s hope the nanny has some maternal instincts 😉
IME, the kids are dragged up by the nanny, the au pair and boarding school. Then, if they survive into adulthood, they then repeat the same old cycle with their own offspring, as they don't know any differently :rolleyes:.

(I have nothing against boarding school, I boarded, but you could easily spot those kids who were sent there as their parents cba with them)

Reactions: DD

Goldenstar

Visit site
I thought I was the only one who hates that column . I never read it now .
I glad I have company ,like the equally hideous showing blog I fear H and H is a bit out of touch .

Fiona

Visit site
It doesn't annoy me to the same extent as you guys, but I must admit I'm surprised it's still going... I guessed at the start it would be a short term hunting season only type thing. When I remember back to Sam Watson and his brilliantly funny column in eventing mag, I think a weekly page in H&H could be used better to be honest...

I'd like Diary of a home made livery yard too, or a famous rider blog.

The showing one I quite enjoy though, in a 'how the other half live' type way... They take the P out of each other lots which is funny, and lots of people (even on here) have grooms so I don't get how it's such a crime...

I wonder will the H&H team read this tomorrow?

Fiona

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
It doesn't annoy me to the same extent as you guys, but I must admit I'm surprised it's still going... I guessed at the start it would be a short term hunting season only type thing. When I remember back to Sam Watson and his brilliantly funny column in eventing mag, I think a weekly page in H&H could be used better to be honest...

The showing one I quite enjoy though, in a 'how the other half live' type way... They take the P out of each other lots which is funny, and lots of people (even on here) have grooms so I don't get how it's such a crime...

I wonder will the H&H team read this tomorrow?

Fiona

having a groom isn't a crime, talking about an ex member of staff that way is unprofessional and she sounded like an utterly spoiled brat complaining about having to do all of two horses over Christmas. Public sympathy was not with her but with her ex-groom, as was mine! It now reads how much she enjoyed doing her own horses :rolleyes:

Silver Clouds

Visit site
If you remove the horse/hunting element what she did looks awful- i.e. a mother sees her child fall off a climbing frame at a playground and just walks way without checking on the child. I am all for not 'babying' children, and for allowing them the chance to take part in more dangerous sports (whilst teaching them how to do so as safely as possible), but I don't understand why you wouldn't stop to help someone who may be injured- be it your child, another person's child or an adult stranger.

Lexi_

Visit site

I would agree with you but the Lottie Fry one was dreadful too, so I don’t feel hopeful!

Not that it’s quite the same thing but if anyone is on Instagram, may I recommend Kizzyandettiesponies ? Highly adorable and the mum seems to have a great attitude to life.

Fiona

Visit site
I would agree with you but the Lottie Fry one was dreadful too, so I don’t feel hopeful!

Not that it’s quite the same thing but if anyone is on Instagram, may I recommend Kizzyandettiesponies ? Highly adorable and the mum seems to have a great attitude to life.

Yes I've recently found this and love it...

Fiona

Fiona

Visit site
having a groom isn't a crime, talking about an ex member of staff that way is unprofessional and she sounded like an utterly spoiled brat complaining about having to do all of two horses over Christmas. Public sympathy was not with her but with her ex-groom, as was mine! It now reads how much she enjoyed doing her own horses :rolleyes:

There were no names mentioned, and from memory all she said was that groom had done a runner and left her room/flat in a mess.....

I reckon if it hadn't been in the title/H&H link, hardly anyone who wasn't interested in showing would have read it... Unfortunately it went ever so slightly viral 😣😣

At least she writes humorously though, unlike the original subject of this post 🤣

For a famous rider blog, I'd love Andrew Nicholson or for a showjumper maybe Holly Smith or Harriet Nuttall...

Fiona

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site

On Facebook too for those of us who haven’t made it to instagram ;)

tankgirl1

Visit site
OMG! I don't buy or read the mag but just read the pic someone posted, and that is awful! Err yeah, SS probably should be called if you think it's all tally ho, what a lark, my son fell off and I galloped off and left him. WTF is wrong with people?

Merrymoles

Visit site
Do you mean bad PR for equestrianism as a whole or hunting as a sub-set of that?

I am shocked as my whole equestrian life I have been taught that you help people in a pickle.

Hunters please, we live in a media-age, you are alienating horsey people that were 'neutral' about your sport with stuff like this and the actions of some during the flu outbreak, let alone other people who don't step into the horse community.

I think it's bad PR for equestrianism as a whole - I don't believe the general public differentiates between the sub-sets and this reinforces the "snobby, uncaring" stereotype.

Reactions: TPO

Ceifer

Visit site
ha! I just found the edited version, reads very differently from the first one!
Doesn’t it just!
I did giggle.

Also if anybody want to read about a brilliant hunting family - Kizzy and Etties pony adventures is brilliant.
Every horsey child’s dream. They’re on Facebook

Quigleyandme

Visit site
Seriously gastly woman. I stopped reading her column before I stopped reading H&H all together. She sneers at all sorts of people like walkers in the most objectionable way and is a terrible and totally untypical ambassador for the hunting fraternity.