Horse Buying Quandary -Urgent Advice Needed??

Pinkvboots

Visit site
My friend just messaged me about an Arab her daughter had he is up for sale on Facebook, his bay 15h I think his 8 has done a season of showing and did well will hack and is really quiet and sensible his £3,500 inc tack I will try and get the advert for you he is in Wales

Chianti

Visit site
I’ve now changed my mind and realised that he’s a fab sort and I would regret it not even attempting to make an offer so am about to do so!!

I don't think you should expect to fall in love with something at first sight. I took my present one on loan and bought him after a year. Even then I'd say that I really liked him. I don't think I really loved him until about six months after that. It can take time.

Arabella77

Visit site
An update on this post....I had my first offer declined and owner said she had others viewing, so I continued my search and decided it wasn’t meant to be.

I then called back and offered full asking price!.....but she had others to view still, so I continued my search again... I then found a beautiful PBA mare who failed a vetting...then after covering many miles across country, found a sensible, very handsome, albeit unbroken overheight Connemara gelding....passed vetting and now with me and already at breaking school, as he settled so well..... He is an absolute diamond and I’m head over heels with him!

In the meantime the owner with first horse Called me and offered him to me, as he failed a vetting with someone else....funny how things work out! But I’m happy with my boy and Made lovely new online friends on my horse-searching journey and excited for the future!

18hhOlls&Me

Visit site
Morning everyone....im having a bit of a quandary and was hoping I could get your advice.....

So after a long wait (30yrs!) I’m in an incredibly lucky position to be able to go horse shopping!

I currently part own a youngster, whom I didn’t plan on buying, but did it to save her and help a friend out. She’s lovely but unfortunately hasnt grown big enough for me. I do ride her and have rebacked and brought her on, as am not heavy, but at 13.3hh and being quite tall, I do look slightly silly on her! I have also owned a couple of ponies I rescued and rehabilitated and had several horses on part loan over the years. So in theory this is my first ‘proper’ horse!

I have a huge passion for Arabs so I’ve been mainly concentrating on seeking those out. It’s been a lot trickier than I thought as there doesn’t seem to be many ridden Arabs around. I’ve contacted all the Arabian studs and put posts out on Facebook Arabian groups etc. I’ve had a quite a few replies and yesterday drove 3hrs to go and view one who seemed to tick all the boxes!

I took my very knowledgeable professional friend with me and the viewing went very well.. he comes from a lovely home, who have owned him since a foal, he’s a good size, no issues and stunningly beautiful. I watched him being schooled and I hacked him out. Couldn’t really fault him!

.......So why oh why do I feel so meh?!! My husband said he expected to come home really excited and I didn’t seem to be and I can’t work out why..... I’m thinking maybe it’s because he is literally the first horse I’ve viewed and I’m worried I haven’t given it enough time. Is this a normal feeling? Should I ‘feel’ that special connection like you do when you meet the right guy etc? ive not done this properly before so am hoping someone can tell me what I should do?!

Am I being silly by hesitating and not making an offer on him ASAP?! I’ve told them I will decide by today as not sure he will be around long, though they said they weren’t advertising him.

There is another potential I am very keen to see a long way away again but I don’t mind that, but I can’t see him for two weeks as he’s on loan to a uni student. What’s should I do? Someone please advise!! Thank you ?
Sometimes the anticipation of something overwhelms the actual event in your case 30 years! You see these YouTube videos and retouched photos and expect this magical creature to appear. The magic may well come as you get to know each other, and if the horse is fully vetted, safe, fun and the type you are looking for it may be ideal. Having said that O did feel an instant ‘this is the one’ with my new horse. Maybe look at a few other if you can but be aware the horse will remain on sale and may be bought in the meantime. Also I know you really want an Arab but maybe look at a few other types, you may surprise yourself :)

18hhOlls&Me

Visit site
Sometimes the anticipation of something overwhelms the actual event in your case 30 years! You see these YouTube videos and retouched photos and expect this magical creature to appear. The magic may well come as you get to know each other, and if the horse is fully vetted, safe, fun and the type you are looking for it may be ideal. Having said that O did feel an instant ‘this is the one’ with my new horse. Maybe look at a few other if you can but be aware the horse will remain on sale and may be bought in the meantime. Also I know you really want an Arab but maybe look at a few other types, you may surprise yourself :)
Lol just read all the other replies!! ????? x