horse charities

clairel

Visit site
Just a post earlier in the day that I felt became a personal and offensive attack on people. But then thats only my opinion, as I seem to be inviting nasty responses today. Maybe I'm wrong!

Smash

Visit site
People are hardly being nasty - if they were they'd be telling you to feck off.
grin.gif
People are entitled to repond to a post how they wish and I fail to see the point of 'stop being so mean' posts - if you have better advice then give it.

It does get a bit tiresome to constantly read 'omg so defensive/nasty/mean' replies just because people are being honest - it might not be what people want to hear, but posting on a messageboard invites people to give their opinion.

Don't take it so personally.

MooMoo

Visit site
You mean he retired horse one? I think that was a particularly difficult subject. I did make a contribution to it.

I think that sometimes people dont think before they type, sometimes people are too quick to get into confrontation and its best if there's a misunderstanding of someone's post (as in its been read into and been taken the wrong way) then its a good idea to just clarify and then it makes life a bit easier.

Some of those posts were quite harsh, and i find it kind of weird how i pretty much made the exact same points without being nasty about it and without getting into confronatation over it.

mle22

Visit site
I'm going to give up and go to bed. Tired of cynicism and arguing for the sake of it. Some charities are definately worth giving to - I think. Good night.

clairel

Visit site
I know smash, but there is a way to be honest without hurting peoples feelings!
*scuttles off to bed* It's been a long day... will try to get out of other side of bed tomorrow! lol

PS well said MooMoo!

hackneylass2

Visit site
I used to contribute to the Brooke Hospital directly from my wages after watching a doco on TV years ago about their work. I then got a video and he book about their history and the wonderful Dorothy Brooke who started it all.

A few years ago I went on one of their 'holidays' to Egypt and Jordan. The work they do is tremendous. They are not fluffy bunny, they are realistic and make a great difference not only to the working animals but their owners, who mainly live in poverty that would be difficult for any of us to imagine.

Not dissing any charity, but would say that the Brooke are excellent.