Horse-insurance.co.uk..anyone used them?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
aren't they E&L by another name? General consensus on here is there are better options. My vets require payment upfront if you're insured with E&L, whereas with other insurance companies they will be happy to be paid direct by the insurance in the event of a claim :wink3:

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Ask me in a week or so. Am mid-claim now, it's with the assessors.
I didn't actually realise it was E&L until after I purchased!
Having just had a different claim for a different horse rejected by E&L I'm a little nervous! If however they pay up I'll transfer my other policy to them aswell. (If they don't I'm fleeing the country!)

webble

Visit site
they are part of e and l who generally have a bad reputation. I've been with them for years and had two claims, both of which were a bit iffy and I didn't think they would pay but they did without quibble. They were slow with the second one but so were leahurst (who I have a low opinion of) in submitting the paperwork

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Hi Sorry! Forgot all about this.
So yes they paid with no quibble to be fair. It took a long time but they have paid related bills since within a week or so. Very nice each time I called to check on the claims progress (because they were so so slow!) it was always just being finalised but they paid so I'm not complaining too much ;)
The only thing I didn't realise is they don't pay for hospitilisation but tbh I can handle that.

Squeak

Visit site
I have my dogs with them (animal friends) and couldn't have been more impressed so far, they paid out for a claim straight away with no quibbles.

McFluff

Visit site
I found them OK to deal with and they paid out for death (had to jump through some hoops, but vet said it would be the same for any insurer). Pleasant to deal with on the phone and paid quickly.

Floxie

Visit site
Yes - they paid out no problems.

I suspect they will never quite escape the 'bad name' (as every thread along these lines illustrates!) but I like to think (maybe just wishful thinking) that with that in mind they have to really pull their finger out now to maintain appearances :)

That said, they did hike my premiums massively one year. When I called to question it they admitted it was a mistake and fixed it - but I suspect they wouldn't have 'noticed' if I hadn't. But I just assume this is expected from insurance companies. I'm convinced they're all equally crappy ;)

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I have used them for a number of years and they have paid out on 5 different claims for 3 horses in those years, they are slow in paying but they did pay out only had one claim they questioned but a letter from my vet sorted that out.