Horse/yard pet hates

tinkandlily

Visit site
Mine has to be people getting a big flashy horse, so they can show off, but they cannot ride it. Also at shows when some ones jumping and you can hear other people nitpicking at how their riding. Oh and can't forget bitchyness on the yard!!:D

blitznbobs

Visit site
Someone on a yard not pulling their weight. I have no probs sharing jobs - we have a deal at the moment that our livery, who likes to ride first thing in the morning, feeds and turns our horses out in the morning and we bring in and feed hers in the evening etc etc. and she's great but we have had people who want favours all the time and won't do anything in return...

Blitz

eatonbraynat

Visit site
This might be a strange one but people that try and jump there horses/ponies and dont get the horse going enough at all. Then they wonder why the horse cant get over the flippin jump. In my head im shoutin 'KICK ON'!!!

benson21

Visit site
People that fill their haynets from a big round bale and not take it off in layers, just pulling from the top.
And not sweeping up after they have taken hay/straw.

jodie :)

Visit site
PUSHY PARENTS! (the ones who just boss them around and then criticise their riding)
argh, there are so many of them. i feel sorry for the children tbh.

JessandCharlie

Visit site
PUSHY PARENTS! (the ones who just boss them around and then criticise their riding)
argh, there are so many of them. i feel sorry for the children tbh.

Ooooh yes I hate that too. Especially at shows when the child doesn't seem keen or confident and gets told to 'grow up' or 'stop being a baby' etc.

china

Visit site
People that fill their haynets from a big round bale and not take it off in layers, just pulling from the top.

^^^these two and putting haynets back without taking the left over haylage out and leaving it to go mouldy! ANNOYING!! an pushy parents, a girl fell of showjumping badly the other week and her father stood on the side after shouting at her while she was in the ring jummping 1.05 and said silly girl should have listened while shes like on the floor gasping for breath! pr*ck!

bluelady66

Visit site
not all parents are pushy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i bought my daughter a beautiful horse last year - she got bored, i fell in love with the horse so now i am learning to ride him - - i have weekly lessons, he is there if my daughter wants - if not - im not forcing her - i will care for him because i really have formed a huge bond with him

china

Visit site
when i say pushy parents i mean the types that if they dont go round like robert whittaker or anky then they get a b0llocking when they come out the ring. they dont appreciate the tallent they got already and want to push and push. the girl in question was a lovely rider and had a very tallented mare but that still wasnt enough, sorry but it makes my blood boil sometimes. they think its got to be a win everytime not the taking part that counts. if you dont win you just aswell not of got out of bed that morning. where as if i get round in one piece im smiling from ear to ear.

junglediva

Visit site
when people try so hard not too look afraid of their horse when quite clearly their petrified. and make excuses when u ask them if they want to come out jumping or for a hack because they are scared. no problem with it..... but they just dont admit it!

i also dont like pushy parents. you just feel like goin up to the parents and shouting LAY OFF! lol i have horsey parents but i was always a lippy child who answerd bak. so if i didnt want to do anything, i did my best not to do it lol.

i also dislike riders who think that them and their horses are gods gift! grrr dont get me started on that one.. haha x

NicoleS_007

Visit site

this drives me insane lmao it takes sooo long to get the haylage from the bottom of the bale if not done correctly lmao brain science u see ;) ... also hate people messing up outside my stable ... and people who think there gods gift and slag other people when in reality they dont touch there horse never mind ride it!

Chestnuttymare

www.ipcmedia.com
People who don't EVER take a turn at sweeping, then after someone else (me) does it, they come along trailing hay and just leave it there.
People who ask you for favours, never offer to do anything in return and barely speak to you unless they want something.

wellsat

Visit site
People who moan that I haven't swept the yard to their spotless standards yet are quite happy to leave their horse standing in a field of poo because they can't be bothered to poo pick. No-one's horse ever died from a bit of stray hay.

hannabanana

Visit site
People who NEVER sweep up! nothing wrong with a bit muck or if you are busy and cant be done straight away, but just leaving it does my head in, especially after picking feet out or after the farrier has been, I always sweep up and pick feet out into the 'muck bucket'. Oh and when someone doesnt do their bit around the yard...like ragwort picking or filling the water trough...grrr last summer was horrible for that, i actually had to ask people to do it and keep reminding them cause it was always me who was left to do it all.

bluelady66

Visit site
i hate people who have horses but dont do anything with them, visit or care - there are 2 at my yard who have been turned out full time since may and the owners just have not even visited since - its so bad another owner has booked a farrier for monday - letting us all know on the board and publically stating on our yard board that these 2 horses feet are in desperate need of attention - good for her

CBFan

Visit site
Spoilt brats whos parents muck out for them while they ride and then hurry them up to shove their horse away afterwards and feed it quick! no cooling off. I used to get dumped at the yard and would ride, then muck out while the horse cooled off and then put them to bed with dinner... saying that, I still do...

Also said brats who shout and curse at their horses for 'missbehaving' when they put things within tempting reach for them to kick, pick up, pull down etc etc...

People who tie up outside other peoples' stables and then dont sweep up after themselves...

Django Pony

Visit site
I hate it when people use my stuff without asking. Someone broke my broom once and put it back broken and kind of propped up so that it didn't look broken until I picked it up! GRRRRR!

skint1

Visit site
I dislike it when just because someone doesn't see you do something they assume you aren't doing it, whether that be your share of the poo picking in a shared field or riding/working with your horse.

I also find it annoying when a horse gets blamed for damaging things or kicks based on the popularity of its owner.

TinselRider

www.gatesequestrian.webs.com
Again another vote for "pushy parent syndrome" Don't get me wrong my parents are VERY supportive (esp mummy Boogles :p) but they will not stand at the sidelines or in the warmup shouting all manner of things at me!

I do sometimes feel very sorry for some of the kids I have seen with PPS parents shouting at them all the time, some of the kids really just want to have fun but PPS just want more rossettes in the truck!

steph91

Visit site
when i let my sister ride my horse and she doesn't clean my tack afterwards or even put my stuff back where it belongs!

JenTaz

Visit site
when people tie their horses on the yard and dont clean up the mess after them, i swept the yard yesterday morning before going out to a commonride with taz got home at 11pm and it looked as if someone had tore up a bale of hay across the yard :O was so angry so put a really annoyed message in the book, told them to pull the finger out and get of their lazy butts and do it themselves for a change :)

Horseback Rider

Visit site
Know it all's !

The type who take great effort in telling you everything you do wrong with your horse and are never able to pay a compliment.

Not to be confused with people who are trying to help you and actually do have good intentions , there are ways and means of doing this.

TBH if the horse isn't in any danger leave people to it !

MochaDun

Visit site
People who have their horses out 24/7 in the summer who when they bring their horses in from the fields to yard to tack up to ride let an ever increasing number of piles of droppings build up in their stables without mucking them out so the place and other stables where other people are bringing their horses in out of the heat and flies are consequently flyridden :)

People who can't be bothered to sweep up the communal areas outside of their stables even though they are quite happy to leave their hoof pickings, bits of hay, etc there to blow all around the yard and obviously expect some yard fairy to wave her magic wand and it disappears.

Horse owners who just tell endless lies about how much they've ridden, how bad their horse is, how your horse kicked their horse but when you pin them down for detail discover nothing actually happened...:) :)

Using stuff without asking..eg, find your shovel and fork broken and just left in two pieces...