image_zpsx7i33cv0.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zpsffngnkwk.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Farmer Chalk

Visit site
image_zpsuqnivbvq.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

The LEDs have also been fitted in the living area and the underlockers..each can be operated independently so in the evening we can have mood lighting whilst watching a film or chillaxing...

The reason for the underlockers lighting is for any potential sponsorship opportunities that we are trying to attract going forward! ...lol....

Lime green anyone?

image_zps6dpv2kfn.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Will do some interior shots tomorrow! Thanks again to all that have helped along the way!

SallyBatty

Visit site
Wow! Have really enjoyed reading your horsebox build story and the finished result looks fantastic! Look forward to seeing the inside photos tomorrow.

blackhor2e

Visit site
Wow FC! What a gorgeous lorry, the protection pad is just what I'm after for mine (but in blue) 😁 the led lights are lovely by the way. Perhaps you could finish my Horsebox off for me ( a little side business) 😉 I'm sure plenty of people on here can appreciate all the hard work you have put into this, it really shows.

Beausmate

Visit site
We need a before and after comparison pic! Love the LEDs, it is a truly super lorry. :D

Go on... what's the final cost likely to be?

Farmer Chalk

Visit site
From this
image_zps5motgwgj.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

To this....

image_zps1hnnafwt.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

To this......

image_zpsbqquilri.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks to all... Spent the day fitting out with kitchen equipment after hitting the bargains at TK Maxx! Buying pots, pans kettles, brushes etc etc... Finished off horse area and generally tidying and washing down....phew!

Will do a copy of interior shots later....ran out of daylight....first outing next weekend! Can't wait to get the kettle on!
Always a cuppa for everyone that helped!

Re final cost...probably don't want to sit down and work it out...
The postman will be seriously pleased however as he's delivered most of it to my front door! It certainly broke the budget that I set for it but as you all kept coming up with brilliant ideas they had to see fruition!

The cost has still been considerably cheaper than paying a prestige box maker to convert one...moreover it has been great fun and we have truly made a bespoke horsebox that has been tailored exactly for our needs!

Will post the final interior photos with it all sparkly and spangly inside in the next couple of days! ;)

9tails

Visit site
I think that box is tailored to anybody's needs for every eventuality! I do love the mood lighting for the horses and the reversing lights as loading lights is inspired. Well done, Farmer Chalk. I've graduated to enameled metal mugs after breaking loads up the yard, Home Bargains do some in the gardening section that might come in handy.

Annagain

Visit site
Love your Daktari...fantastic looking truck! We already have an orange tiger....this is what has towed our horses around for the last few years..

image_zpsvduqx60z.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

OMG I can't believe I've met another G4 owner on here. My OH has a 52 plate Discovery. Are you in the owners club? If so you've probably met him! I'm not sad enough to have a photo of his to hand to post up for you, although he has hundreds!

Last edited:

Farmer Chalk

Visit site
OMG I can't believe I've met another G4 owner on here. My OH has a 52 plate Discovery. Are you in the owners club? If so you've probably met him! I'm not sad enough to have a photo of his to hand to post up for you, although he has hundreds!

Oh yes...with the same alias....great all Rounders! And very easy to spot amongst seas of Discoveries at horse events!

Farmer Chalk

Visit site
Tried to take a few of the interior this evening but struggled with the iPhone so have had to take a series of shots...

So here goes...
image_zpspjerel2h.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zpsun75nr0j.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]...

The table in the middle is on a pedestal which can be raised or lowered as desired....
This converts into a double bed by lowering it to its lowest setting and placing a fitted board over the actual table which creates a double bed sized flat surface to which you place the mattress over...

image_zpsvx5bmoxx.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Farmer Chalk

Visit site
image_zpsuzbhphdk.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zpsz1sjlfyi.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zpsdc9pl8lb.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Lighting this evening doesn't show these to the best effect but the living area has led mood lighting which can be made any colour of the spectrum....this can then also be dimmed infinitely to make it as bright or as subtle as you like...clearly this photo shows them a bit garish but was trying to show the lights working in daylight....

The main purpose of the lighting was primarily for the horse area where we can dull the lights at night to a very subtle dimmed dark blue/violet so the horses are aware of their surroundings but not blinded when travelling during the dark hours..

Farmer Chalk

Visit site
So almost finished...got to order the Remi blinds for all the windows, sort out the tie backs for the curtains...and a few more snagging bits....but in reality I think it will always be a project!

Can't say thanks enough to all of the members of this forum who took the time out to respond to my queries and questions and all the fantastic suggestions.... You were totally inspiring and thanks Horse and Hound for hosting....

A special thanks has got to go to Big Adam, little Adam and Terry whose craftsmanship has been second to none, Chris for her seamstress skills and of course to Joseph at Courcheval whose tact and diplomacy in tolerating me on my daily visits to play was outstanding...Moreover I am really really proud to say they are all now close friends!
Thanks guys...you are awesome!

Hopefully see all you horsey people all out on the circuit! I've stocked the cupboards with lots of tea and coffee and will order a box load of hobnobs...come and say hello!
Thanks again ....
Farmer Chalk! :):):):):)

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Yerr... its alright.

Best be some Azeera coffee on board.. I can't drink that nescafe crap.

Well done team!!! Excellent build!

Well Jell.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Would you like to christen it with a pebble dash of Shire Horse poo ?

Ted the Twit, my bonkers cart horse has a touch of anxiety when leaving for a party, he projectile poops from the base of the ramp all the way up the ramp and into his stall, with an additional flourish of wall splatter.

You would love him !!

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site

Ted the Twit, my bonkers cart horse has a touch of anxiety when leaving for a party, he projectile poops from the base of the ramp all the way up the ramp and into his stall, with an additional flourish of wall splatter.

You would love him !!

Snort!

Farmer Chalk

Visit site

You would love him !!

Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhh Nurse.......!!! Medication quick!

I'm actually not worried about the horses..... More my two girlies!:):):)

DJ

Visit site
Phenomenal !!! That there is one classy, gorgeous horsebox, and to see it progress from start to finish has been brilliant to watch, so thank you for taking the time to "blog" about it ... I shall also be picking your brains in the future, as I literally just passed my Class 2 this morning (yay) and hubby is already talking about doing a similar thing to yours :D

Farmer Chalk

Visit site
Phenomenal !!! That there is one classy, gorgeous horsebox, and to see it progress from start to finish has been brilliant to watch, so thank you for taking the time to "blog" about it ... I shall also be picking your brains in the future, as I literally just passed my Class 2 this morning (yay) and hubby is already talking about doing a similar thing to yours :D

Brilliant! Congratulations on passing! Yorkie bars all round....

Re advice no problem pm me and I'll give you my mobile number that you can ring!

Well done!

LouisCat

Visit site
I've enjoyed this thread so much.
I hope the lorry gets treated like a vintage car so it only goes out on dry days when there is no mud or puddles!