Horsebox Essentials

dorsetladette

Visit site
Ive been a bit quiet on here for a while, but live has been less so. We took a risk on an unplated 7.5t horsebox. OH is very handy and inspected it inside and out. (I stood for over an hour in the rain waiting). He's done a few bit and peaces to it and sent it off for a pre mot. Mechanic was impressed with the lorry and booked it in for a cancellation. Well today it passed with no advisories!!!! So happy.

So now I need to go shopping for lorry essentials!!! We have full living, horse shower, and tack locker.

So tell mewhat you cant live with out in your lorry?

oldie48

Visit site
First aid kits - equine and human
spare head collars and lead ropes
studs and stud kit
grooming kit
waterproofs, wellies, socks, warm tops and change of riding kit
torch
loo rolls
hot water bottle

Others will add to this but good luck with your new lorry and I always had some alcohol and chocolate put away.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Congratulations on your new wheels :D

I keep a poop scoop with a big skip, it's so easy to quickly pick up droppings from lorry parks etc as well as in the box.

drawers to keep grooming kit, spare tack, first aid kit etc all tidied away and organised. i have a tack cupboard so have plastic drawers under the saddle racks.

I retire kitchen things to the lorry, if I replace a pan for the house the old one goes to the lorry. same with crockery, I prefer eating off our old china to plastic :p glasses wrapped in tea towels travel fine in a washing up bowl or similar and makes your G&T more civilised, darling

have you got hook up? I haven't so we have a small generator which fits in a skirt locker and runs the sockets etc, then i can use a halogen heater when it's cold.

Pinkvboots

Visit site

I keep a poop scoop with a big skip, it's so easy to quickly pick up droppings from lorry parks etc as well as in the box.

drawers to keep grooming kit, spare tack, first aid kit etc all tidied away and organised. i have a tack cupboard so have plastic drawers under the saddle racks.

I retire kitchen things to the lorry, if I replace a pan for the house the old one goes to the lorry. same with crockery, I prefer eating off our old china to plastic :p glasses wrapped in tea towels travel fine in a washing up bowl or similar and makes your G&T more civilised, darling

have you got hook up? I haven't so we have a small generator which fits in a skirt locker and runs the sockets etc, then i can use a halogen heater when it's cold.

I prefer China too but we often have 2 kids in tow and it's to stressful watching them with China and glass so we gave up a long time ago, gin in a can comes in handy as well especially as the kids can fetch those for us no mixing or glass involved ??

catembi

Visit site
When I had an older 7.5 ton, I used to have a full first aid kit for it. Tow rope, jump leads, water, rad weld, exhaust bandage, warning triangles, duct tape, baler twine, torch, hi viz vest (once or twice I had to unload in the road & continue on foot due to mechanical failure...), trolley jack, a scaffold pipe contraption to give sufficient leverage to undo the wheel nuts, easy start etc etc.

Abacus

Visit site
I would always have a few simple DIY tools: hammer, adjustable spanner, screwdriver. For use if, for example, a partition gets damaged and can't be opened. For the horses, always some sedalin/domosedan in case of emergencies (and other first aid equipment). Water containers, full! Chocolate. Tea bags, kettle...

dorsetladette

Visit site

So excited!! Just entered our local county show for a couple of weeks time. Closing date for entries is Sunday so super close call.
We've got hook up ? but i think a little silent geni would be useful too.
We've got a gas heater but i think it's to big for the size of the living. Gets a bit to warm to quickly.

dorsetladette

Visit site
When I had an older 7.5 ton, I used to have a full first aid kit for it. Tow rope, jump leads, water, rad weld, exhaust bandage, warning triangles, duct tape, baler twine, torch, hi viz vest (once or twice I had to unload in the road & continue on foot due to mechanical failure...), trolley jack, a scaffold pipe contraption to give sufficient leverage to undo the wheel nuts, easy start etc etc.
Very sensible reply. I shall be taking a man that can until I've past my test. And recovery cover too.

chaps89

Visit site
How exciting!
First aid kit (horse and human. I also carried spare sanitary wear too, in my human first aid kit just incase I got caught out)
Spare fleece/cooler rug for horse
Towel and bandages
Hi-vis jacket
Spare coat for me
Torch
Old sat nav as back up
In car phone charger
Scissors
Baler twine
Water carrier
Bucket and sponge
Poop scoop and broom
Kitchen roll (wrapped in a carrier bag so it can’t get soggy)
Anti-bac wipes

I was especially glad of the hi-vis jacket and torch the night my lorry made a funny noise and lost power in the dark on the m25 and my phone had run out of charge (that’s what prompted the in car charger!)

lamlyn2012

Visit site
Not sure if anyone's said this, but ....fire extinguisher.
I also carry a couple of old rugs(horse) and some baler twine.
Notepad and pen.
Torch.

Reactions: TPO

Vodkagirly

Visit site
Vehicle recovery and the details for it!
I have a ridiculous amount of spare clothes and often need them.
Laundry bag for taking stuff home for washing.
Camping chairs

Equi

Visit site
5 duvets. If lorries are anything like camping the blankets are always cold and damp and never heat you.

dorsetladette

Visit site
It's all very exciting. Baby pony is getting used to wearing travel boots etc. He looks at me like a bored child who's mothers likes to dress him up - I do LOL. He's walking up and down the ramp like a pro.
I've ordered an equine travel safe for him as he tried climbing over the partitions in my friends lorry as soon as we shut the ramp and the other ponies were calling. Once this is fitted we'll start putting the ramp up and then a few trips out.

We took the lorry for a test drive out on friday even. To the fish and chip shop!!

We stayed at the yard in it on saturday night, we're like a pair of big kids with a new toy. New mattress is nicer to sleep in than our bed at home! The oven works a treat!